World of Warcraft: Classic

Leon

<Silver Donator>
I thought I had heard that classic hardcore didn't allow quests as well... that it was just leveling and gearing from killing mobs. Is that not true?
not true.

You can do additional challenges yes, but the plain HC experience involves quests

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I thought I had heard that classic hardcore didn't allow quests as well... that it was just leveling and gearing from killing mobs. Is that not true?

No, you can do quests and tradeskills. There's optional extra achievements you can do (like not doing quests or sticking to one continent) but those are entirely optional. You can flag yourself for them in the HC addon if you want to do those extra ones.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
Cool. I did not know that. I have been looking at this for a while now, and I'm pretty close to deciding to give it a go.

Korzax Stonehammer

Blackwing Lair Raider
Smoked a joint, felt like playing, tried to sub, in a queue, give up 20 mins later, go play GW2. Save $20.

They really didn't want my money no matter how hard I tried.

Masakari

<Gold Donor>
Everytime Starfall goes off in an instance and aggros everything and wipes the group.

giphy_3.gif

• 2Worf

Dalien

Registered Hodor
I did this on SoM and it was really fucking fun and also almost gave me a heart attack a few times. Here's the TL;DR for anyone considering this.

Get the addon, you have to have it before you create your character for it to count.
Addon | Classic Hardcore

Rules and tips:
-you cannot group*
-you cannot trade (not even conjured items)
-no mail or AH
-tradeskills allowed, you can wear whatever you craft but you have to farm the mats yourself
-your only cash income is from what you loot or from quests, so skinning is a solid trade to get. pair with tailoring early on to make yourself some starter bags
-questing is allowed and encouraged for both the exp and gear rewards. you may want to grind mobs at some points for exp. generally, you want to overlevel the quests.
-if there's any doubt in your mind that a quest may be too hard, skip it and move on (or wait a few levels). skip the elite quests.
-join a guild if we have one, or else just some random guild. The addon broadcasts whenever someone dies which is hilarious and leads to a wall of F's. "Timmy the Paladin has died to Hogger at Level 12". "F"

* - exception for grouping, you're allowed to group for one run of each dungeon (have to be in the level range of the dungeon).

Everytime Starfall goes off in an instance and aggros everything and wipes the group.

Real talk, do not attempt any dungeons with randoms. So many people died in my SoM guild at level 36 or whatever due to a bad group. Stick with pals or skip the dungeons.

• 2Like

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
Real talk, do not attempt any dungeons with randoms. So many people died in my SoM guild at level 36 or whatever due to a bad group. Stick with pals or skip the dungeons.

I was wondering why anyone would risk a dungeon run, but man doing that on a SoM server has to be some of the most adrenaline you can snag while playing WoW

Masakari

<Gold Donor>
I was wondering why anyone would risk a dungeon run, but man doing that on a SoM server has to be some of the most adrenaline you can snag while playing WoW

It'd probably worth be it.

Imagine playing that way on a PVP server? Do you just hide in town all day?

Needless

Toe Sucker
You don’t because it would be grief city lol the amount of dragons and big golems I saw get kited to kill the HC community on the SOM HC servers were pretty hilarious but the deaths don’t count when griefed so they whine and keep playing

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
There's some griefing/baiting going on. Some of it is YGWYFD. Queue for Goldtooth (named kobold), someone showed up with a pvp enabled orc trying to bait people into attacking him. It's really only people trying to queue jump by mashing a macro that end up ganked, so fuck em.

1681456921443.jpeg

• 4Worf
  • 1Double Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 5 users

Dalien

Registered Hodor
You don’t because it would be grief city lol the amount of dragons and big golems I saw get kited to kill the HC community on the SOM HC servers were pretty hilarious but the deaths don’t count when griefed so they whine and keep playing

On my SoM server there was a level 40 hunter who would spend all day, every day kiting Teremous the Devourer from Blasted Lands to SW. He had a huge body count and used to post pages of all the angry whispers he would get. No idea if that's still possible, but as a general rule you should never AFK in town.

classichc said:
Anything avoidable, such as Teremus in SW, or attacking an NPC, will not be available for appeal. If you flag for PVP, including through a quest, and die to PVP this is classed as an avoidable death.

If you die to something like that, you can't appeal it.

There's some griefing/baiting going on. Some of it is YGWYFD. Queue for Goldtooth (named kobold), someone showed up with a pvp enabled orc trying to bait people into attacking him. It's really only people trying to queue jump by mashing a macro that end up ganked, so fuck em.

Watch out for PvP flagged rogues stealthing on top of mobs you're about to attack too. On SoM there were a bunch of level 20s undead rogues doing this in Westfall. Some even went as far as to dress up like Defias, which was hilarious btw.

Once you get past Westfall/Redridge the griefing dies way down.

• 2Like
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Ortega

Vyemm Raider

View attachment 469025
The not grouping for shit like this on hardcore is retarded.

• 2Like

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The not grouping for shit like this on hardcore is retarded.

It's annoying in some situations but it (along with no mail/AH) is really the only way to make sure everyone has an equal challenge. I just skip any quests with a queue, you can easily make up the xp with a minute or two of grinding. No point wasting time standing in line or trying to snipe it. This being WoW in current_year, there are a lot of people stuck in the "must follow optimal path dictated by levelling guide" mindset. HC requires you to adapt your play, which is half the fun. Decisions matter again.

• 1Like
  • 1Faggotry

Leon

<Silver Donator>
i'm hoping the rumors of a real HC server are true, that way we can remove all these dumb limitations. The HAVE TO LOG IN AND PLAY TOGETHER AT ALL TIME for trios/duos is fucking gay.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Gutterflesh

Parody Account
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Started a trio and I come to find out if one person dies it's all over.

I have confidence in myself, but my retarded friends are a whole other issue.

Doubt we make it past 20.

• 4Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 5 users