World of Warcraft: Classic

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Masakari

Pattern Recognition Expert
<Gold Donor>
Anyone that plays on Grobb is a faggot and wow pvp is stupid

Grobb is the only 50/50 WPVP server left.

You can go wherever you want and molest PVErs at their summoning stones.

It's great.

And people complain and forget they're the ones that chose to play on a PVP server.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
Fuck I hate gs.

My rogue finally hit 80 last week, now i had picked up a few good boes to deck him out with once he hit 80 but were talking just a few slots. Valor bracers (got shit ton of valor), ulduar crafted boots, freya neck boe, etc. But by far, most of his gear is quest rewards / world drops, mostly blues and a few greens, sub 200 ilvl. gs was 3k.

Couldnt get a group for shit. No raids no h+ not even regular heroics.

So i raid the AH for useless cheap items to buy gs. Talking the 50g darkmoon cards, cheap epic with stupid stats like spell power or int or shit, basically just looking for ilvl 200 or better, cheap cloth, anything. Talking clown suit here. If anyone inspected me they would laugh at how awful it was.

My character was measurably worse than he was at 3k gs but i gained about 800 up to 3.8k gs and was allowed into dungeons and raids.

Spent all weekend raiding/dungeoning and got a few drops, finally got enough emblems (valor) to pick up a few pieces. Still saving conq and heroism to buy a few more but my gs only went up to 4.2k. By far the only thing ive done really is refocus my stats to actual rogue shit, im now just barely have better stats amd do more dmg than i had at 3k gs.

Still have a few slots with useless shit like both trinkets are shit darkmoon cards i got for 50 and 100g.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Yeah GS really fucks over the pure dps classes like rogues, i havent had any issues on my recent alts because they offer utility and bloodlust etc

I think AV weekend is coming up so i'm going to try and get my horde paladin up to 80 before then so i can cheese ilvl off that with easy pvp gear lol

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Fuck I hate gs.

My rogue finally hit 80 last week, now i had picked up a few good boes to deck him out with once he hit 80 but were talking just a few slots. Valor bracers (got shit ton of valor), ulduar crafted boots, freya neck boe, etc. But by far, most of his gear is quest rewards / world drops, mostly blues and a few greens, sub 200 ilvl. gs was 3k.

So i raid the AH for useless cheap items to buy gs. Talking the 50g darkmoon cards, cheap epic with stupid stats like spell power or int or shit, basically just looking for ilvl 200 or better, cheap cloth, anything. Talking clown suit here. If anyone inspected me they would laugh at how awful it was.

My character was measurably worse than he was at 3k gs but i gained about 800 up to 3.8k gs and was allowed into dungeons and raids.

Spent all weekend raiding/dungeoning and got a few drops, finally got enough emblems (valor) to pick up a few pieces. Still saving conq and heroism to buy a few more but my gs only went up to 4.2k. By far the only thing ive done really is refocus my stats to actual rogue shit, im now just barely have better stats amd do more dmg than i had at 3k gs.

Still have a few slots with useless shit like both trinkets are shit darkmoon cards i got for 50 and 100g.
I mean your method worked, but why not just make your own groups? For regular heroics or H+?

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
I mean your method worked, but why not just make your own groups? For regular heroics or H+?
1: lazy and 2: its aids as a pure dps which, see #1.

On my war, dk, or shm if i need a group and want to start my own all i have to do is open lfg tool, msg either a tank (if im the shm) *or* a healer (if im war or dk) til i find 1 person not afk, and form group. With a group with a tank and healer, the 3 dps will instantly autofill by requests from chucklefucks in the lfg tool.

For daily h+ dungeons (raids are a diff story) Dps who show the basic aptitude to open up the lfg tool and apply to groups forming generally work out, even if they have shit gs, so no thinking or filtering of applications is required.

Half the time one of the dps who applies will be dual spec and ask to heal or tank or whatever so i can just swap to dps. Basically being able to fill 2 of the 3 roles needed in a group means you only need to find 1 other person to form a group.

As a dps you gotta find 2 other people and once you find the first one, a tank for example, you end up tank and 3 dps lf healer having to spam lfg for 15+ min with all the other mostly filled groups looking for 1 more crucial group role.

Instead of all that headache just to do daily dungeons (I'd still be laughed out of raids), i dropped an additional 2k gold in the AH buying GS and spent the weekend doing every 10/25 raid available plus getting emblems from daily h+ and im now up to 4.3k gs, with drops from ulduar, naxx, eoe, etc. Got a a 10m ulduar last night which gave me enough emblems for 2nd bis pants, plus i got 10m tier chest, its a slight upgrade over recluse chest i got from eoe, etc

Last edited:

Masakari

Pattern Recognition Expert
<Gold Donor>
Fuck I hate gs.

PVP gear could solve that problem.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
I wasnt in the 70 bracket last av weekend so no, it wouldnt have.

I might use the next av weekend to finish leveling the mage tho

Needless

Toe Sucker
A pally guildie won a turning tide in a SR run for his preg spec and one of the other lock rollers messaged him for weeks calling him a cocksucker and ninja. Kept making alts to send him shit.
lol this is old but i 100% recall for sure seeing the turning tide on the pally phase 1 bis for awhile before it went back to the torch on wowhead which i thought was weird as fuck, i assume it was probably then

nice feral change as well, that spec seems so tedious with all the weaving lol

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Hardcore classic is really gaining some ground here, it's extremely busy. This is just last night, regular evening but it's so busy it almost feels like a fresh server start. People everywhere. It does get less busy at higher levels because a lot of bads just die at level 12 over and over again.

Dare I say it, I'm actually having more fun than I was in wotlk. For once, the game starts at level 1, everything you do matters, and there isn't any daily chores or meta-gaming bullshit to muddy things up.

1681194397593.jpeg

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Leon

<Silver Donator>
Hardcore classic is really gaining some ground here, it's extremely busy. This is just last night, regular evening but it's so busy it almost feels like a fresh server start. People everywhere. It does get less busy at higher levels because a lot of bads just die at level 12 over and over again.

Dare I say it, I'm actually having more fun than I was in wotlk. For once, the game starts at level 1, everything you do matters, and there isn't any daily chores or meta-gaming bullshit to muddy things up.

View attachment 468502
My 2 gaming buddies dragged me to hc classic and as a very old school hc Diablo player this is some of the most fun I’ve ever had.

Gutterflesh

Parody Account
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
My 2 gaming buddies dragged me to hc classic and as a very old school hc Diablo player this is some of the most fun I’ve ever had.
Yea I thought I was out for good and then they pull this shit.

I have old school bros bugging me to give this a go.
1681256697817.jpeg

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Needless

Toe Sucker
what server is the hc community on for era? i hated the HC community when it was on the SOM servers because i didnt realize i rolled on the HC server without realizing it so i was competing with 10000 solo only players for 5 minute spawns in some places which was ultra annoying lol

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
what server is the hc community on for era? i hated the HC community when it was on the SOM servers because i didnt realize i rolled on the HC server without realizing it so i was competing with 10000 solo only players for 5 minute spawns in some places which was ultra annoying lol

US: Bloodsail Buccaneers
EU: Hydraxian Waterlords

Not gonna lie, there's queues for some quest mobs at low levels at peak times. Can't group with randoms for them either. I just skip those quests usually. The challenge is finding your own way and not dying, it's not going to be a standard levelling experience.

You'll want to get the addon which takes care of most of the restrictions (no AH, no mailbox) and has all the rules in it.

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
US: Bloodsail Buccaneers
EU: Hydraxian Waterlords

Not gonna lie, there's queues for some quest mobs at low levels at peak times. Can't group with randoms for them either. I just skip those quests usually. The challenge is finding your own way and not dying, it's not going to be a standard levelling experience.

You'll want to get the addon which takes care of most of the restrictions (no AH, no mailbox) and has all the rules in it.

I thought I had heard that classic hardcore didn't allow quests as well... that it was just leveling and gearing from killing mobs. Is that not true?