World of Warcraft: Classic

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
They ever going to do normal vanilla servers again, instead of BC or WotLK?
They said SoM would be a yearly thing. But they haven’t announced a new one yet and the first batch ended like 4 months ago. Been waiting for new one myself.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Needless

Toe Sucker
On my SoM server there was a level 40 hunter who would spend all day, every day kiting Teremous the Devourer from Blasted Lands to SW. He had a huge body count and used to post pages of all the angry whispers he would get. No idea if that's still possible, but as a general rule you should never AFK in town.

If you die to something like that, you can't appeal it.

Watch out for PvP flagged rogues stealthing on top of mobs you're about to attack too. On SoM there were a bunch of level 20s undead rogues doing this in Westfall. Some even went as far as to dress up like Defias, which was hilarious btw.

Once you get past Westfall/Redridge the griefing dies way down.
yeah i remember that hunter he was doing it on like day 2 once he had aspect of the cheetah or some shit it was pretty good

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Some stuff was datamined last month that indicates they have been working on it for a while already. Question is going to be if their implementation is going to be better or worse than what is currently going on.

• 2Like

Dalien

Registered Hodor
All they really need to do is hardcode it so no one can rez. If you die, you can either delete your character or roam the world as a ghost forever.

This would stop 99% of griefers if they actually lost their character when they died.

It would be nice if they hardcoded all the other restrictions from classichc, but I wouldn't get my hopes up on that.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Masakari

<Gold Donor>
What about giving HM players a stats buff (5-10%), or something that increases based on how many people you group with that are HM?

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I would rather just play a no lvl requirement gear / mischief WoW server than anything else. Let my lvl 1 hunter be fully decked in Giantstalkers or some shit.

• 2Like

Leon

<Silver Donator>
i don't want the restrictions of currentHC. i wanna trade, group, use the AH. So turn off the fucking rez server wide is really all you need to do.

If i die i don't want my trios to die with me, i want them to be able to help me re level by twinking my ass and helping me do instances etc.

Just make death permanent is all you fucking need to do.

• 3Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Ortega

Vyemm Raider
i don't want the restrictions of currentHC. i wanna trade, group, use the AH. So turn off the fucking rez server wide is really all you need to do.

If i die i don't want my trios to die with me, i want them to be able to help me re level by twinking my ass and helping me do instances etc.

Just make death permanent is all you fucking need to do.
Yeah not sure I see the point. Death is exponentially more likely raiding and fucking around at max level. Why compound the boredom of leveling?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Needless

Toe Sucker
They already added the Soul of Iron challenge in the SOM servers they had so its likely they already had a system pretty much in mind for it, but they definitely just need to remove the ability to resurrect, and if the character is a ghost disable the login button for them.

I like the idea of playing HC while leveling but i dont think i could do it in the long run because dying at 60 in MC or BWL and losing a character sounds awful considering how long it takes to lvl in classic. Too much room for error with 40 retards in a raid lol

edit: the main thing of having HC specific servers would solve a lot of the issues in general though, allowing grouping, AH use, etc on a HC only server would be great

• 1Like

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Turtle WoW solved this problem, once you get to max level it's no longer hardcore, so it's basically just while leveling.

• 1Like

Needless

Toe Sucker
Vael seems like a real fun fight on a hardcore server
Vael isnt an issue, if you get the debuff it makes your hearthstone instant, hearth and the debuff is gone
you just get fucked out of loot for the fight but you wont lose your character

• 1Double Worf
  • 1Like

Kiki

Log Wizard
Imagine the griefers with a Geddon bomb or pulling aggro and breathing half the raid.

• 2Worf
  • 1Double Worf
  • 1Rustled
Reactions: 4 users

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
It's not, read above.

Vael debuff make your heathstone insta cast. Just fuck off to bind and live.
Granted I havent played in a while, but your tank hearthing out during the encounter sounds.. eventful. I pretty much agree with BoozeCube BoozeCube on this one.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Granted I havent played in a while, but your tank hearthing out during the encounter sounds.. eventful. I pretty much agree with BoozeCube BoozeCube on this one.
It really just makes her even more of a DPS race, she wont cast burning adrenaline on the tank until 45 seconds into the fight and the HC guild that cleared BWL did it in ~40ish so i dont think the tank even had it on them. But yeah shes still risky lol

either way fuck that disable it in raids or at 60 and im in

Mountain Biker

Trakanon Raider
I did this on SoM and it was really fucking fun and also almost gave me a heart attack a few times. Here's the TL;DR for anyone considering this.

Get the addon, you have to have it before you create your character for it to count.
Addon | Classic Hardcore

Rules and tips:
-you cannot group*
-you cannot trade (not even conjured items)
-no mail or AH
-tradeskills allowed, you can wear whatever you craft but you have to farm the mats yourself
-your only cash income is from what you loot or from quests, so skinning is a solid trade to get. pair with tailoring early on to make yourself some starter bags
-questing is allowed and encouraged for both the exp and gear rewards. you may want to grind mobs at some points for exp. generally, you want to overlevel the quests.
-if there's any doubt in your mind that a quest may be too hard, skip it and move on (or wait a few levels). skip the elite quests.
-join a guild if we have one, or else just some random guild. The addon broadcasts whenever someone dies which is hilarious and leads to a wall of F's. "Timmy the Paladin has died to Hogger at Level 12". "F"

* - exception for grouping, you're allowed to group for one run of each dungeon (have to be in the level range of the dungeon).

Real talk, do not attempt any dungeons with randoms. So many people died in my SoM guild at level 36 or whatever due to a bad group. Stick with pals or skip the dungeons.
Does the mod actually enforce all these rules? If so, I'm surprised Blizzard lets a mod make changes that significant.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
I was bored and rolled on one of these servers but didn't know about the add on. Picture huge bottlenecks on quest mobs, only absolutely nobody groups for it. Lines everywhere.

I think I died in my 20s because someone trained a dragon to Stormwind. Amazed me how many toxic people were on that one server.