World of Warcraft: Classic

uniqueuser

Vyemm Raider
Died at 57 today. We go again tomorrow.
This is the way.
Go for it. Show them Kolbolds you ain't no bitch.
1682377009923.png

Although the concept of achievements is gay and normally engenders pathetic degeneracy, they actually suit this otherwise meaningless task well. It's not very "hardcore" to tiptoe your way along the path of least resistance to 60, there should be incentives that promote risk-taking and adventure-seeking if only to cover the full breadth of the game.

Blizzard's achievements system wouldn't require much work to support this, but given their track record of half-assed, minimal effort implementations it'll probably be missing from their version of HC.

Leon

<Silver Donator>
View attachment 470518

Although the concept of achievements is gay and normally engenders pathetic degeneracy, they actually suit this otherwise meaningless task well. It's not very "hardcore" to tiptoe your way along the path of least resistance to 60, there should be incentives that promote risk-taking and adventure-seeking if only to cover the full breadth of the game.

Blizzard's achievements system wouldn't require much work to support this, but given their track record of half-assed, minimal effort implementations it'll probably be missing from their version of HC.
Everyone say this shit's easy till they get in a cave and get fucked by a hyper spawn.

The path of least resistance to 60 still has some surprise for a lot of people who say shit's super ezpz

Mountain Biker

Trakanon Raider
Yeah, after watching some of the HC death vids on YouTube, I just wonder why people are doing some of the things they're doing. Like who thinks it's a good idea to do the keep in Arathi? Or any cave? I guess some people just like to embrace the extra challenge.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Dalien

Registered Hodor
Everyone say this shit's easy till they get in a cave and get fucked by a hyper spawn.

The path of least resistance to 60 still has some surprise for a lot of people who say shit's super ezpz

Yeah, after watching some of the HC death vids on YouTube, I just wonder why people are doing some of the things they're doing. Like who thinks it's a good idea to do the keep in Arathi? Or any cave? I guess some people just like to embrace the extra challenge.

"entering a cave" became a guildchat meme on my SoM server. You're just asking to get fucked by respawns.

Also, if you want to be ultra safe and just kill easy mobs for the final 55-60 stretch, Deadwind Pass is a pretty underrated grind spot. Kill the birds from 55-57ish and the ogres until 60. Birds drop decent vendor items and the ogres drop a bunch of runecloth. It's super slow and boring but the chances of dying are almost 0, even if you lag or disconnect.

Ortega

Vyemm Raider
I think it’s similar to life. We all take varying level of risks every day, but if we didn’t life would be boring as fuck. Riding motorcycles, sky diving, playing games all day instead of being physically active, etc.

That being said I don’t see the point of just surviving. Once you’re 60 and trying to obtain gear your risk of dying is exponentially increased and unavoidable. Might as well embrace it.

Leon

<Silver Donator>
Correct.

I level, i run instances, i take on elite quests if they look doable, cause might as well. I ain't gonna grind easy mobs for levels on ends to die at 60 cause i can't manage a little instance stress or bad situation recovery.

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
I think if you are not taking any risks at all in the game, then you are missing the whole point of the challenge.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
Oh forgot about Shadow Knights too lol.

Bards may not have FD but I think could still be viable to outrun the trainers, possibly.
Two monks working together could train a horde of mobs to both sides of a zone line that they know you are running to, and you will be dead before your screen refreshes and can start Selos.

• 1Worf

Masakari

<Gold Donor>
Two monks working together could train a horde of mobs to both sides of a zone line that they know you are running to, and you will be dead before your screen refreshes and can start Selos.

Pharone has fallen to the ground.

"FUUUUUUU"

• 5Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I had to post this just because it is hilariously degenerate. It came across my feed and I was just cracking up watching it. I dug into the highlighted streamers videos a bit and he picked up a sub from me and I dont even play Classic anymore.

The very first video when you pull up his youtube: (Had my dying :trump: )

• 4Worf
  • 3Like
Reactions: 6 users

Zapan

Lord Nagafen Raider
been leveling on a non HC classic whitemane realm and its been pretty wild how populated it is, i forgot how it feels to get ganked by 4 rogues in redridge all day lol
Getting griefed by kids when I only had 2 hours to play is why the PVP server killed it for me. Do they have a populated PVE server where people are leveling? I bet that would feel more productive.

• 1Solidarity