World of Warcraft: Classic

Chris

Potato del Grande
Are they going to let the Voidwalker actually be the main tank now in Classic+?

Edit: Apparently not. Lame.
They should have done this in Wrath after they tested Warlock tank in the Illidan fight.

There is no excise given persistent tank shortages for 20 years that this is only now being considered.

• 1Picard
  • 1Like
  • 1Potato
Reactions: 2 users

Needless

Toe Sucker
Im looking forward to it but it looks more like retail lite than it would be a classic plus lol

definitely hinted kara at the end there, thats dope

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Im looking forward to it but it looks more like retail lite than it would be a classic plus lol

definitely hinted kara at the end there, thats dope
Essentially. Trying to make classes more viable. But Im glad they are trying something new.

uniqueuser

Vyemm Raider
They should have done this in Wrath after they tested Warlock tank in the Illidan fight.

There is no excise given persistent tank shortages for 20 years that this is only now being considered.
There’ll still be a shortage. Tanking is just a job most people don’t want to do.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
There’ll still be a shortage. Tanking is just a job most people don’t want to do.

That is what I'm thinking. People play Mage, Rogue, etc... to not heal or tank. Giving them those kind of abilities isn't going to change anything.

Srathor

Blackwing Lair Raider
The warlock Glyph that let them tank in Cata was a blast. I loved it, but it would not let you que as a tank. And player pushback and bitching was real when you tried to do it.

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
The warlock Glyph that let them tank in Cata was a blast. I loved it, but it would not let you que as a tank. And player pushback and bitching was real when you tried to do it.
Good thing classic has no LFG tool!

SimSimSalabim

Molten Core Raider
That is what I'm thinking. People play Mage, Rogue, etc... to not heal or tank. Giving them those kind of abilities isn't going to change anything.
Yes, but it also lets players who like to heal or tank play new classes. You will have people who get their jollies from healing now rolling mages, etc.

This is of course assuming these new class-role combinations will be viable for doing the primary jobs in dungeons and beyond. If it’s just that your mage can now toss the occasional heal then it doesn’t change much except mages getting even more utility.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
This seems vaguely positive? I mean this isn't quite the Classic+ I wanted. Some of the skill changes seem excessive - like OK making all specs viable by hinting towards TBC changes, great, but adding the crazy tank shit is a bit ehhhhh? There seems like just too much wacky stuff right off the bat. If I can get over that, maybe the C+ I wanted is in store if this whole thing is very successful and makes it to 60 and beyond. So maybe there is hope.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
And warriors and healers everywhere say "how is that any goddamn different?!"
Yeah that's the joke, for all of vanilla I constantly though I was a tank, especially after I got R13 gear. I had a whole tank set of armor for soloing shit or pretending to be badass.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
This seems vaguely positive? I mean this isn't quite the Classic+ I wanted. Some of the skill changes seem excessive - like OK making all specs viable by hinting towards TBC changes, great, but adding the crazy tank shit is a bit ehhhhh? There seems like just too much wacky stuff right off the bat. If I can get over that, maybe the C+ I wanted is in store if this whole thing is very successful and makes it to 60 and beyond. So maybe there is hope.
It's definitely a riff on Ascension WoW, which one of my old raid leaders is absolutely ADDICTED to. Like life-destroying. So it's gotta be pretty good.

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It's definitely a riff on Ascension WoW, which one of my old raid leaders is absolutely ADDICTED to. Like life-destroying. So it's gotta be pretty good.
Nope, they’re just a lunatic with fucked life priorities.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Szeth

Trakanon Raider

Not gonna lie - some of them look very fun. Seems like enhance shaman can dual wield. Which probably makes my decision for me.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user