World of Warcraft: Current Year

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Horde side, the axe looks like Wrath vendor trash, while the staff looks like it desperately needs to be paired with T5 warlock gear.
The alliance shield and sword are both really nice and sporting the look on my prot warrior now. The horde axe I agree looks pretty blah its pretty much green quality graphics totally forgetable. The staff is pretty nice I see warlocks/shadow priests sporting that look horde side.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Anyone in Legion beta dove into any crafting professions yet? I'm wondering if they went back to dailies for tokens for things like cooking and JC

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Anyone in Legion beta dove into any crafting professions yet? I'm wondering if they went back to dailies for tokens for things like cooking and JC
I have not done to much of it myself yet because I am trying hard not to spoil anything other than the very intro stuff prior to the expansion going live. That said I have been following the crafting and it is different this expansion than the previous ones. Most of your new patterns appear to be acquired via doing quests for your tradeskills. Also there are different ranks of each skill that improve your harvest abilities and give other advantages so even gathering professions have levels of advancement other than just flat grinding your max skill to top level.

Plus side is you can still start this expansion with a skill of 1 and still work with the newer stuff like they did in WOD so if you use a boost or have neglected tradeskills no need to go to previous content to power level them.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
A lot of the secondary benefits from leveling up crafting recipes are broken or NYI for individual ranks atm, but it should be a pretty nice system once it's all working.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yup the crafting system just started getting really fleshed out at the end of alpha so a lot is still not there yet or not fully hooked up or some of the quests are hard to do or not working yet. Still looks like some interesting stuff. The engineering recipes seem pretty neat this go round where you can make this expansions versions of jeeves that is modular that you can add various different modules to add/change functionality to it.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'm not sure if it's possible to be worse than the WoD crafting/gathering system (as a whole. I do like the "use anything" to level mentality though) so adding quests into the mix sounds very WoW-centric and I totally approve.

I'm a total craftwhore so this is generally more important to me than a lot of other features =|

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
It certainly seems at least initially in a better place then here are some buildings that will do the job for you regardless if you even have the skill at all and here are harvesting nodes that respawn every day and anybody can harvest no matter if they have the appropriate skill or not of WOD. It is a pretty low bar though so we shall see how it works in practice.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
here are some buildings that will do the job for you regardless if you even have the skill at all
Ok, so Garrison v2, sans mine, garden and pond then?
anybody can harvest no matter if they have the appropriate skill or not of WOD.
Do you mean anyone can harvest an herb even without herbalism, or anyone with herbalism, even skill 1, can harvest? I assume the latter, but you never know what insanity can come out of the team...

Khane

Do you mean anyone can harvest an herb even without herbalism, or anyone with herbalism, even skill 1, can harvest? I assume the latter, but you never know what insanity can come out of the team...
I think he's saying that's how it works in WoD currently but Legion won't have the same stupidity. WoD killed gutted crafting and killed gathering completely.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider

no I was mocking WOD. They did away with that it seems completly. All crafting is done by the person and gathering has to be done to get the materials either by you or by somebody else but no more freebie patches of stuff.

Miele

Lord Nagafen Raider
I think he's saying that's how it works in WoD currently but Legion won't have the same stupidity. WoD killed gutted crafting and killed gathering completely.
WoD killed everything, pretty much fucked up the playerbase. The only saving grace was maybe for raiders, but most weren't very happy unless top notch hardcore, because class trinkets weren't liked much, most builds non viable for dps, healers band-aided with T18, etc. The raids were ok (except Highmaul, that was a pile of shit), I believe MoP raids were better, but that's just my opinion.
Crafting was useless and boring, gathering pointless, gold is now completely pointless, unless you like to purchase mounts and pets on the AH. I gain more than I can spend since I don't collect those things and without even trying I'm above 500k.
The legendary quest is boring as fuck, as is the reward. I don't know really, I play because I'm attached to my characters and the world as a whole is entertaining (I even bought the Chronicle book vol. 1), but WoD gameplay was shit.
The only good thing they made has been neutered in Legion (tanks self sustaining) to uninteresting levels, more skills are being pruned and class balance will be even worse, because this time if you pick the wrong spec, you get a big "fuck you": before you can swap, you have some artifact power to grind. You like Beastmastery an Marksman is top dps? Fuck you! You like Shadow priest and it's not competitive? Fuck you, go healing! You like Retribution? You are a paladin, so godlike status everytime, don't worry
wink.png

I can't wait for Legion, I want to think they have made less mistakes this time around, but I fear half the classes will be a shitty mess with all the consequences this will bring.

joz123

Potato del Grande
I had mining/JCing but dropped mining for Enchanting cause of the free ore, so I will be screwed in Legion unless I pick up mining again, annoying.

Khane

Well you can get mining to 700 in no time at all. But you definitely do not need mining to make JC profitable. In fact, all that time you're wasting mining and then prospecting you're probably losing gold you could have made by buying off the AH, cutting and listing.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
I had mining/JCing but dropped mining for Enchanting cause of the free ore, so I will be screwed in Legion unless I pick up mining again, annoying.
Plus side it is super less annoying than it used to be if you had to give up a max level tradeskill for something else. At least at skill level 1 you can still function in the current expansion and are not dropping 20k gold and days of time to power level something back up. My prot warrior is in this boat too I dropped mining to pick up engineering may wind up having to decided if I really want to keep both engineering and black smithing or drop one and pick up mining or just use one of my alts as a mining bitch like I used to.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Is it better to just horde the exp potions till Legion now? Will they fetch more gold when Legion hits?