World of Warcraft: Current Year

kitsune

Golden Knight of the Realm
exp potions won't work 100-110 for sure. If they allow that, it'll be new exp potions gotten at level 110. Same with heirlooms

I would hoard things people want for their demon hunters instead :p

Vinyard_sl

shitlord
Only looms that will work from 100-110 are the mythic trinkets...tfw you havent run a single mythic dungeon yet.

Also, I've had 0 willpower to get the last 16 tomes for my legendary ring. I know I really should just sit down and LFR my skull off

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Also, I've had 0 willpower to get the last 16 tomes for my legendary ring. I know I really should just sit down and LFR my skull off
I'm assuming they are going to up the drop rate a bit before Legion hits to help people finish. I'm waiting for that because thinking about doing HFC LFR is... no thanks.

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
Only looms that will work from 100-110 are the mythic trinkets...tfw you havent run a single mythic dungeon yet.

Since you can also upgrade the ring to 795 after you finish it, which you can add 3 ilevels per normal+ archimonde kill, and another 9 ilevels from valor per week. If you dont plan on doing that to max out the ring, at this point, may not be worth it.

If it's anything like the MOP cloak, the usefulness died off fairly quick. Was only good for padding ilevel requirements for dungeons and maybe stats. but the proc went to shit.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Since you can also upgrade the ring to 795 after you finish it, which you can add 3 ilevels per normal+ archimonde kill, and another 9 ilevels from valor per week. If you dont plan on doing that to max out the ring, at this point, may not be worth it.

If it's anything like the MOP cloak, the usefulness died off fairly quick. Was only good for padding ilevel requirements for dungeons and maybe stats. but the proc went to shit.
yup baring timewalking stuff the fall off of previous expansion artifact is rapid.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
wtb heroic carry for arch... even regular. Rogue or Shitty priest horde.

Miele

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'm assuming they are going to up the drop rate a bit before Legion hits to help people finish. I'm waiting for that because thinking about doing HFC LFR is... no thanks.
You get approximately 11-12 tomes per clear, it takes 3 weeks, always 3 weeks. I'm on my 4th ring now, which will take me 2 more weeks and for the 5th in the works, I'm on the BRF tablets part, but the will to finish it is rapidly approaching zero. You can upgrade the ring with valor points, but honestly, it's pointless.
HFC LFR can be quite quick, usually you have a couple superheroes with mythic gear, so fights are superbly fast.
I wish I could finish my MoP cloak, which I couldn't back then, because RL kept me too busy to play. MoP cloak is the only legendary that it's not possible to complete, aside from the vanilla Naxx staff, Ati'esh, of course. Why? Because fuck you, that's why.

There must be a couple glorious idiots in that usually amazing developers team, some idea are just too fucking retarded to make sense in any way, shape or form. MoP cloak is one, some of the new class revamps are in the same category (which is the "what the fuck is this shit?" category).

kitsune

Golden Knight of the Realm
not true miele. On my holy paladin I've gotten half the tomes in 2 weeks, but I haven't done this reset yet. 16/33 suggests it's closer to 4 weeks total

Miele

Lord Nagafen Raider
not true miele. On my holy paladin I've gotten half the tomes in 2 weeks, but I haven't done this reset yet. 16/33 suggests it's closer to 4 weeks total
Then I have to admit I'm extremely lucky. If the trend continues, I'll be grateful
biggrin.png

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
It's definitely RNG-centric with the tomes. I think 5 weeks is a reasonable expectation - 4 weeks if you're extremely lucky and 6 weeks if you're extremely unlucky. This of course is assuming that you're doing all 13 bosses every week.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
RNG has hated me lately, 3 shadowfrost / shards of Val'nyr two weeks in a row. Just a good week or two away from finishing both.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
You get approximately 11-12 tomes per clear, it takes 3 weeks, always 3 weeks. I'm on my 4th ring now, which will take me 2 more weeks and for the 5th in the works, I'm on the BRF tablets part, but the will to finish it is rapidly approaching zero. You can upgrade the ring with valor points, but honestly, it's pointless.
HFC LFR can be quite quick, usually you have a couple superheroes with mythic gear, so fights are superbly fast.
I wish I could finish my MoP cloak, which I couldn't back then, because RL kept me too busy to play. MoP cloak is the only legendary that it's not possible to complete, aside from the vanilla Naxx staff, Ati'esh, of course. Why? Because fuck you, that's why.

There must be a couple glorious idiots in that usually amazing developers team, some idea are just too fucking retarded to make sense in any way, shape or form. MoP cloak is one, some of the new class revamps are in the same category (which is the "what the fuck is this shit?" category).
As soon as legion comes out the current WOD ring will also not be completable. They are basically I was there trophies things only those who played and completed during that expansion have access to.

fred sanford

<Gold Donor>
So, a friend of mine has got me back into this game by gifting me some play time for no reason. ** Note, I haven't played since vanilla. I quit a month before TBC came out **

I'm contemplating buying Legion and getting the level 100 boost. Should I boost my rogue or mage?

Khane

So, a friend of mine has got me back into this game by gifting me some play time for no reason. ** Note, I haven't played since vanilla. I quit a month before TBC came out **

I'm contemplating buying Legion and getting the level 100 boost. Should I boost my rogue or mage?
Impossible to answer. What playstyle do you prefer? If you're wondering if one is massively underpowered or boring to play currently the answer is both are powerful and fun. So it's really just a matter of playstyle preference.

fred sanford

<Gold Donor>
Impossible to answer. What playstyle do you prefer? If you're wondering if one is massively underpowered or boring to play currently the answer is both are powerful and fun. So it's really just a matter of playstyle preference.
That's what I was figuring and I would prefer to move around (rogue), just making sure there are no gotchas before I burn a level 100 boost.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider

One nice thing is in legion the boost to 100 has a free trial basically you can play till the end of their level 100 boost intro stuff that shows you how to play that class a bit. You don't use up the boost until you exit that area so I would HIGHLY recommend trying both and then see which you like better. Frost mage seems to be in a good spot and I have been hearing good things about arcane and fire as well. The fire artifact is pretty hilarious it has a random hidden passive of randomly when you kill things their bodies burst into flame and smolder while on the ground. Outlaw rogues seem pretty fun I have not tried the other two sorts yet.

Characters you play is pretty much personal preference although if you want to try raids ranged dps tends to have an easier time getting in as melee is getting kinda stacked as the last three new classes added were all melee.

Note do not use the boost to 100 prior to the initial prepatch goes live for legion. If you do it prior to then I believe it just dumps you outside your garrison at level 100 and uses up your boost. If you want to try a few specs/classes out before commiting wait for the legion pre patch to start in a month or so.

Khane

Anyone's guild here sell Felsteel Annihilator Horde side and willing to take gold on Korgath? I got really lucky and got Reins of Poseidus twice in a week. Now I'm rolling in gold.

DavivMcD

Peasant
Rogues currently have one of the most ridiculous movement talents in the game. Burst of Speed. So if you like being mobile definitely go Rogue.

Burst of Speed - Spell - World of Warcraft

Notice the duration and the cooldown.
That's gone in Legion, so factor that in.

I've been enjoying Arcane in Legion, and hear good things about Fire and Frost.

Outlaw rogue sounds like it's doing good, but assassination straight up blows right now. The most annoying part of ass rogues on live is maintaining rupture uptime. Well, in Legion they are doubling down on that; rupture is like 45-50% of your damage output. Every other single ability hits like a fucking balloon animal. Oh, and with how shitty their AoE already was, they took half of it away. All you get is Fan of Knives spam, but the damage is so negligible you're only doing it for the combo points, so that you can tab target and keep refreshing rupture on everything in sight. MUTLI-DOTTING IS FUN GUYS. Especially with a now pointless and convoluted combo/energy system limiting it and only 1 dot that does any damage.