World of Warcraft: Current Year

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Demonhunter intro also ends up with you being 50% through level 100 at the end of it, which was nice for the beta pass where there was only actually 8 levels worth of quest exp in Legion zones. Course, that 50% will be wasted on anyone who makes it during the prepatch
smile.png

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Demonhunter intro also ends up with you being 50% through level 100 at the end of it, which was nice for the beta pass where there was only actually 8 levels worth of quest exp in Legion zones. Course, that 50% will be wasted on anyone who makes it during the prepatch
smile.png
Not a big problem, you need to complete all quests in all 5 zones to unlock flying ("part 1"). You'll waste far more XP on the last 3 zones than the intro
smile.png

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Every single quest? That's going to be one hell of a bottleneck with certain kill quests considering you can level in all 5 zones as well. Gonna suck for people just trying to get to 110 when they get cockblocked by max level people who are doing the flying achievements.

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
Every single quest? That's going to be one hell of a bottleneck with certain kill quests considering you can level in all 5 zones as well. Gonna suck for people just trying to get to 110 when they get cockblocked by max level people who are doing the flying achievements.
Wont be quite as bad as past xpacs because they have the public shared tagging of mobs for credit now. similar to the WoD Rares. Instead of only being for rares.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Also, with mob-scaling, the level 110 isn't two-shotting the dude before you can land your hit.

Khane

Well that's good at least. All I was picturing was trying to get some quest drop and having to compete with extra people.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Wont be quite as bad as past xpacs because they have the public shared tagging of mobs for credit now. similar to the WoD Rares. Instead of only being for rares.
Yes the new multi tagging code should make questing especially early on a lot smoother.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
The main storyline quests for each zone; there's probably 10-15% of the quests you might be able to bypass.

Pathfinder part 1 requires:
- Loremaster (all 5 zones story completed; 4 leveling + Suramar at max level)
- Explorer (all 5 zone maps explored)
- Diplomat (all 6 PVE Legion factions to revered)
- Glorious Campaign (finish Class Hall campaign)
- Variety (complete 100 DIFFERENT world quests)

Note that completing Loremaster and Variety on the same character will probably provide Diplomat as well (notably if you prioritize the daily 4-quest bonus). My main worry is that, without an add-on, it might be hard for the average player to track which world quests have been done once and which haven't, and prioritize them.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Also, with mob-scaling, the level 110 isn't two-shotting the dude before you can land your hit.
So with mob level scaling, for instance, 2 people will be fighting the exact same mob together while 1 sees it as 110 and the other sees it as 105?

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
The main storyline quests for each zone; there's probably 10-15% of the quests you might be able to bypass.

Pathfinder part 1 requires:
- Loremaster (all 5 zones story completed; 4 leveling + Suramar at max level)
- Explorer (all 5 zone maps explored)
- Diplomat (all 6 PVE Legion factions to revered)
- Glorious Campaign (finish Class Hall campaign)
- Variety (complete 100 DIFFERENT world quests)

Note that completing Loremaster and Variety on the same character will probably provide Diplomat as well (notably if you prioritize the daily 4-quest bonus). My main worry is that, without an add-on, it might be hard for the average player to track which world quests have been done once and which haven't, and prioritize them.
Can you only pick one world quest from the choices of the day? Kind of like the original garrison apexis dailies?

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
So with mob level scaling, for instance, 2 people will be fighting the exact same mob together while 1 sees it as 110 and the other sees it as 105?
Correct. I don't pretend to understand the coding behind it, but it's been working well on beta. I assume what's really happening is everyone's actually level 100 in the overworld the whole time, and the game is just reporting bigger numbers to you as your "level" increases.

Dandai_sl said:
Can you only pick one world quest from the choices of the day? Kind of like the original garrison apexis dailies?
You get an Emissary quest at random each day, and it lasts up to 3 days; you can have 3 Emissaries stored at a time. Upon completing the Emissary's quest, you'll get a chunk of rep with his faction, and a loot bag. All the Emissary quests are "Go out and do 4 World Quests associated with this faction."

The actual World Quests are semi-random, repopulate throughout the day, and have factions associated with them. Completing a world quest tied to a faction will reward you Rep with that faction (albeit less than the Emissary quest's bonus). So you can go out and run loops of the World Quests as they repop, essentially grinding Rep of your choice, or you can wait for Emissary quests, then go out and pick 4 world quests belonging to the emissary's faction in order to get a more efficient Rep-to-time-invested ratio. You can also continue to murder World Quests even after you've completed your Emissary for the day.

World Quest item rewards also scale in ilvl with your current ilvl (although I doubt they scale past initial raid gear), so that's an open-ended grind available to all. As you reach different ilvl thresholds, world quests will provide upgrades to reach the next ilvl threshold, to recieve new upgrades, etc...

If I had to hazard a guess at variety of world quests to reach 100, you've got 30-some world quests active on the map at a time over all the zones, and the quest-map repopulates randomly during the day, so it's probably anywhere from 1 day to 6 days to get 100 unique worldquests.

Khane

And it sounds like you can actually grind the reps if you wanted to do that anyway.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
1-6 days doesn't sound very burdensome at all.
Nope, specially since the campaign (if it's like the old garrison one) is going to take longer to finish anyway.

Part 2 is supposed to be shorter (probably "complete 6th extra zone", "map 6th zone", "finish new campaign chapter").

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Nope, specially since the campaign (if it's like the old garrison one) is going to take longer to finish anyway.

Part 2 is supposed to be shorter (probably "complete 6th extra zone", "map 6th zone", "finish new campaign chapter").
I assume the order hall quest will be like the garrison campaign in WOD where you can only do a chunk a week and then only up to a certain point every patch so you likely won't be able to even complete it till the last major content patch of the expansion. By that time you likely have more than fully accomplished all the other bits unless you chose not to. At least the reps have quests attached to them. I really disliked the carpet bombing for old reps in WOD very irritating just mindlessly aoeing shit for a couple days.

Khane

I've hit the point where I don't even feel like logging in to clear out my garrison missions anymore.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
I've hit the point where I don't even feel like logging in to clear out my garrison missions anymore.
I still do, because that'll bring me tons of crates with basic transmog stuff. It's 30mn per day that saps my will to do anything else; I'm actually looking forward to the patch where those crates will stop dropping and I'll probably do something with my main character instead of just doing the 11 garrison log-in, grab rewards, launch missions, dump GR, log-out cycle.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
So it looks like Bliz drooped Jay Wilson's garbage ass so maybe we wont see any more Diablo 3 style looting shit in Legion.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
I still do, because that'll bring me tons of crates with basic transmog stuff. It's 30mn per day that saps my will to do anything else; I'm actually looking forward to the patch where those crates will stop dropping and I'll probably do something with my main character instead of just doing the 11 garrison log-in, grab rewards, launch missions, dump GR, log-out cycle.
Yup this is about what I am doing log in grab all the stuff set the navy and missions back out to work and then go play overwatch or atlas reactor. I will start playing more once the prepatch comes out but for now its mostly in the building up cash surplus in the run up till the expansion before the gold faucet of the garrisons is turned off.