World of Warcraft: Current Year

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
So, I've been following the doubling down of Blizzard on the Blood of Sargeras ("you're going to get some in dungeons!") and starting to plan an eventual switch of professions.

And I hadn't paid attention to Inscription. Really paid attention.

OMG, what a gutted profession. There are no more major glyphs. At all. No new minor glyphs. You don't have weapons to craft on this expansion. You've simply dropped to just making consumables, except you're making a consumable that last one week, so it's not even in the alchemy ballpark of consumable making.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
so what you're saying is we should pick up inscription.
Got it.
Yea. Sounds like a plan...
I was looking for a reason to maybe drop inscription from my main, it might be the one.
I know, that was like 2 pages ago.

Even if they make the Blood BOA, I will probably drop Inscription this time. It's obvious they haven't figured out what to do with it. I remember an old interview during MoP where they basically said they regretted making it a primary prof instead of something specific just for LK.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
So, I've been following the doubling down of Blizzard on the Blood of Sargeras ("you're going to get some in dungeons!") and starting to plan an eventual switch of professions.

And I hadn't paid attention to Inscription. Really paid attention.

OMG, what a gutted profession. There are no more major glyphs. At all. No new minor glyphs. You don't have weapons to craft on this expansion. You've simply dropped to just making consumables, except you're making a consumable that last one week, so it's not even in the alchemy ballpark of consumable making.
Actually I know there are at least some new minor glyphs as I purchased a glyph from a player that allows druids to have an owl form for their flight form. The weird thing with glyphs now is most of them are cosmetic only and applied directly to the spell in effects so there is no glyph GUI which is confusing.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Oh random note each crafting profession I believe handles making relic upgrades for artifact weapons of different sorts so pretty much all of the tradeskills are useful to at least some specs I do agree inscription is in a really weird place. Not quite as dire as some are saying but I think this is going to be something blizz will need to add some more stuff to as time goes on as it is in a awkward spot currently.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Do note, they heard the complaints of inscriptionists on beta, and decided to make life shittier for everyone in order to give them something to sell. The new Tomes for talent swapping outside of a rest area are crafted by Inscriptionists, which will be pretty much mandatory for any kind of serious content, since their new talent tiers heavily encourage constant swapping between AOE-focused and Single-Target-Focused talents in the same tier.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Do note, they heard the complaints of inscriptionists on beta, and decided to make life shittier for everyone in order to give them something to sell. The new Tomes for talent swapping outside of a rest area are crafted by Inscriptionists, which will be pretty much mandatory for any kind of serious content, since their new talent tiers heavily encourage constant swapping between AOE-focused and Single-Target-Focused talents in the same tier.
So glad I don't care about raiding anymore.

Khane

Your inscriptionist should have already been making a ton of money! Quit slacking!

Djay

Trakanon Raider
I'm a huge slacker. While I'm here, I get the free 100 whenever I get Legion, right? I don't need to pre-order? Is there any other reason I should pre-order...I guess I'd get to play the Demon Hunter early or something?

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Oh random note each crafting profession I believe handles making relic upgrades for artifact weapons of different sorts so pretty much all of the tradeskills are useful to at least some specs I do agree inscription is in a really weird place. Not quite as dire as some are saying but I think this is going to be something blizz will need to add some more stuff to as time goes on as it is in a awkward spot currently.
Good for me I have every profession maxed right now.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
This is one of the more dumb changes that I've seen simply because of the nuisance it adds to mythic raiding. You think players are talent swapping too much in dungeons or whatever. Fine. Limit that in dungeons. But in mythic raids we're all going to have to swap to ideal talents when doing progression and putting this dumb road block isn't going to stop it. It'll just add to prep time for people to hearth and then summon.

Khane

Yea if they're going to do something like that they may as well just hit the reset button and go back to the way raiding was in TBC. Tuned for use of all available consumables to make raiding as annoying as possible for the high end raiders.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Havent played since the first raid of the expansion. Plenty came out since then? Im kind of burnt out on BDO atm. I mean, I know its WoW, but Im just curious..

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Good for me I have every profession maxed right now.
I am about the same but crafting in legion is not the hands off sillyness of WOD. You will have to be actively playing your crafters to get their quests done because most of the recipes appear to come from completion of various quests and you get only the most generic of your new patterns by default. Plus side the crafting quest system seems pretty nifty and a lot more interesting than WOD but its going to take a while to get all our patterns on all our various characters this go round unlike wod where you had 90% of your patterns the moment your garrison is founded.