kaxfenix

N00b
Stormwind Kings Guard
rrr_img_135921.jpg

rrr_img_135922.jpg

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Time to sell the saved weapon/armor enhancements. I was hoping someday they might make them account bound or that I might build a race based follower garrison.
Did that with most of my alts (mostly alliance side). A full dwarf one was ultra easy, I finally had my full Draenei two months ago, still lacking one night elf to wrap up the druid one. The one that is hard as fuck is the Worgen one, I'm at 18/25 (after recruiting for over a year when I finally got my Warrior to 90). It is impossible to make an all Pandaren one, there's only 17 pandaren followers (31 worgen, so making a full worgen IS possible, you just need to be lucky).

Horde side, making a full orcish was easy also.

The problem with all-racial is that you end up with skewed abilities, you need to spend lots of GR rerolling their abilities to have a mix that can do most of your missions. It's still a fun sight when you've just launched all your missions and you exit the Town Hall and look at the procession of followers leaving (since it's usually the dwarves, I tend to get"that" songin my head)

Miele

Lord Nagafen Raider
Did that with most of my alts (mostly alliance side). A full dwarf one was ultra easy, I finally had my full Draenei two months ago, still lacking one night elf to wrap up the druid one. The one that is hard as fuck is the Worgen one, I'm at 18/25 (after recruiting for over a year when I finally got my Warrior to 90). It is impossible to make an all Pandaren one, there's only 17 pandaren followers (31 worgen, so making a full worgen IS possible, you just need to be lucky).

Horde side, making a full orcish was easy also.

The problem with all-racial is that you end up with skewed abilities, you need to spend lots of GR rerolling their abilities to have a mix that can do most of your missions. It's still a fun sight when you've just launched all your missions and you exit the Town Hall and look at the procession of followers leaving (since it's usually the dwarves, I tend to get"that" songin my head)
Holy shit, you must love your garrisons. I hate my ones so much I never gave a fuck about followers except throwing random item level boosts on them as soon as I had enough available. Kudos to your dedication anyway!

On another topic, is there anyone that played Demon Hunter tank spec and can give me a short comment on how it plays?

Rogosh

Lord Nagafen Raider
Holy shit, you must love your garrisons. I hate my ones so much I never gave a fuck about followers except throwing random item level boosts on them as soon as I had enough available. Kudos to your dedication anyway!

On another topic, is there anyone that played Demon Hunter tank spec and can give me a short comment on how it plays?
As of right now it plays fun, but you wont be top tier.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm

I started playing again Friday night and one of my buddies was playing Overwatch. He messaged me and after the formalities, he said "Is the expansion getting rid of the Garrisons? I couldnt stand fucking WoD because of them." I dont mind them so much, its a small distraction over grinding gear on a new character. But just saying, you're not the only one out there.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Most of the gameplay was stupid anyway, so you had to find your own goals. It is actually more boring now because almost all garrisons are on full autopilot and I don't even go once a week to see what the Inn has on offer.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Honestly that new sword/board from the movie makes me want to go back alliance.
They are really really nice. Even with my prot warriors artifacts I would be tempted to transmog them them to this as it is a really nice classic look for the shield and sword. The horde ax is meh but the horde staff is also very nice.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Damn MMO's are in an abysmal space when the best the board has is talk about their facebook missions and barbie doll dress up. What happened to all the 1337 beta infos. Personally I am going to choose to blame Furor.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Yeah, finished Shadowmourne and Val'nyr so now I'm slowly leveling my 6th? 100 (Mage) and wanted to gouge my eyes out through Cataclysm and Pandria, finally 90 so I can leave them behind tonight. When I'm done with him I'll probably pick my Monk, Rogue or Shaman back up, all sitting in the same set of shitty dungeons around 50. I hit 90 in Gate of the Setting Sun last night, a 5 man that I'd somehow never done before.

I am so bored though, just installed SWTOR for the first time since leveling a bounty hunter to 33 on release. Not much worth investing much time in so I end up back at WoW.

I usually like the big changes to the game, but something about the PTR just feels so off.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Cataclysm is probably my favorite expansion to level through. TBC is my least favorite. In Cata I usually dungeon run til 83 then do Uldum because that's one of my favorite zones in the game and the Harrison Jones questline there is awesome.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Damn MMO's are in an abysmal space when the best the board has is talk about their facebook missions and barbie doll dress up. What happened to all the 1337 beta infos. Personally I am going to choose to blame Furor.
Well for me I have done pretty much all the testing I care to for now. I don't want to do any of the leveling/dungeon content yet because blizzard is so fucking slow I don't want to spoil any more of it for myself than I already did. Basically what I did was pretty much what the new level 100 boost experience is. Basic starter area followed by intro to legion and artifact acquisition so basicaly about the first 2 hours of a characters experience in legion. I have not personally done any of the crafting stuff yet or any of the leveling stuff so pretty much the info I have had I posted already hehe.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Yeah, finished Shadowmourne and Val'nyr so now I'm slowly leveling my 6th? 100 (Mage) and wanted to gouge my eyes out through Cataclysm and Pandria, finally 90 so I can leave them behind tonight. When I'm done with him I'll probably pick my Monk, Rogue or Shaman back up, all sitting in the same set of shitty dungeons around 50. I hit 90 in Gate of the Setting Sun last night, a 5 man that I'd somehow never done before.

I am so bored though, just installed SWTOR for the first time since leveling a bounty hunter to 33 on release. Not much worth investing much time in so I end up back at WoW.

I usually like the big changes to the game, but something about the PTR just feels so off.
I am leveling some characters before legion so if you want someone to plow some dungeons and shit with feel free to add me.

how viable are the old legendaries when it comes to timewalking dungeons?
From my understanding most of them are best in slot for the timewalking shit. To bad they fucked everyone who didn't play Panda time on getting cloak, or some of the cool CM gear and shit but everyone and their mother can skill get Thunderfury. I wish the Bliz team was consistent instead of a random team of twats who can't even make up their mind on what size raids should be after 12 years.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Well for me I have done pretty much all the testing I care to for now. I don't want to do any of the leveling/dungeon content yet because blizzard is so fucking slow I don't want to spoil any more of it for myself than I already did. Basically what I did was pretty much what the new level 100 boost experience is. Basic starter area followed by intro to legion and artifact acquisition so basicaly about the first 2 hours of a characters experience in legion. I have not personally done any of the crafting stuff yet or any of the leveling stuff so pretty much the info I have had I posted already hehe.
I totally get that, I just mean it's a big change over the years. It used to be many of the people here talked about new content and what was coming and little bits of useful information. I know you get pretty much everything mined out and shown on MMO-Champ and shit for the last 6 years or so, I guess I am just kind of feeling how souless the game is now days. Nothing new is on the horizon other than maybe Pantheon which I don't think any sane person believes that shit is any more than vaporware. EQNext is done, World of Warcraft is all their is anymore.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
I think it is probably mostly a case the data miners are so damn good these days and their betas are so open that pretty much there is no leet secrets to be had for the most part. The info is pretty much out there for anybody who wants it. Mostly what I have done is just try some classes that I was interested in playing and giving my impressions as that is one of the few things that is sort of individual.

Plus side is at least initially my impression is they learned from some mistakes in WOD. Crafting looks a lot more interesting now I think since it is such a big revamp that some professions like inscriptionist are kinda odd at the moment and TBD how fun those are going forward but overall it looks like a massive improvement for those who like such things.

The problem for MMO's is to compete against things like wow with decade of content takes such an enormous amount of resources/money that highly limits what is on the horizon. Crowfall is probably the only in production mmo that I am following and I give that about a 50/50 chance of seeing the light of day as a full release.

meStevo

<Silver Donator>
I've run like 3 timewalking dungeons, maybe that will change with the level of boredom. Got the Val'Nyr on a prot paladin who doesn't (yet) have a holy offspec anyways, lol.

I really like the 'sample 100' change they're making. Play your character/sample character spec at 100 through some tutorial stuff and through part of their artifact quest, then decide if you want to spend the token to boost them.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Given what they have for their sample is basically exactly like how I was testing out classes on beta it should be pretty solid intro of if you like the play/feel of a class. For most specs the intro/artifact part is 2ish hours worth of content that is interesting but generally enough NPC's around for a lot of it where you could lick your monitor and not fail but also a great way to test your new spec out in a fight that is effectively real world test dummies. The intro to the broken shores part has so many NPC's running around helping you can derp around pretty easily to get a feel for what your buttons do and works for dps/heals/tanks to get into the flow of a class. And the artifact intros have all been interesting so far and letting you do that part helps get you into that role and see if you really like it and shows you their artifact which lets you see how it would grow going forward and what powers you can get. So overall I think their intro seems just about right.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Cataclysm is probably my favorite expansion to level through. TBC is my least favorite. In Cata I usually dungeon run til 83 then do Uldum because that's one of my favorite zones in the game and the Harrison Jones questline there is awesome.
The best way I did TBC with my alts was to get some of those experience boost potions, do a bunch of quests in a zone, pop the potion and turn them all in. Instant like 2-3 levels. Make sure you have flight capability of course.

meStevo

<Silver Donator>
I don't mind TBC because of the pace of the dungeons. Cata and Pandaria have like 2 dungeons you have to run 5-6 times before unlocking the next set. WotLK is similar, but I like Nexus and Utgarde Keep.