World of Warcraft: Current Year

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Is the +exp heirloom ring still only coming from Shipyards?

Right now it seems to be still there (besides the other one off the fishing tournament which is not active right now?).

Apparently I've never seen half the rare missions despite having like 400+ missions on two characters done this expac.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Garrions have made wow a Free to play game for me since the introduction of wow tokens. They had some flaws but overall nobody can argue they were not tangibly rewarding in game. Now if they can figure out how to use what worked and make sure it does not totally short circuit any reason for actually playing the game again it could be great.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I just re-subbed to this in preparation to Legion. I feel so lost after so long away.

I do like the ability pruning a lot though, since one of the things that I started to dislike was having so many abilities. It's not EQ2 bad, but it was slowly getting there, even though the rotations was not that complex, there were too many abilities imo, I'm old I like things simple.

The new view distance it awesome, it's incredible how far you can see now. They keep updating the graphics here and there each expansion like draw distance, lightning, new animation, spell effects, the new models, etc...that manage to keep a 12 year old game still pretty damn nice looking.

It definitely shows its age, but it's amazing is a good looking game.

Looking forward to 1-2 months of fun most likely, maybe a few more if there are some interesting things to do...but no expansion since WotLK has kept me more than a few months...Panderia being the exception with maybe 6 months or so.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
At 110 in beta I found the following to be in a good state:
Enhancement Shaman, Unholy DK, Rogue (assassinate/outlaw), Fire Mage, Destruction/Affliction Locks, Fury Wars, Arm Wars (pvp only), Feral Druids, and Ret Paladin.
What does this mean though? You found the way these specs play to be fine? Ok. I'm talking about how the specs are performing.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Dude, I almost never play alts but I started playing a lock to fuck around with my friend and demo lock is so much fun. SO MUCH AOE. SO MANY IMPS!
Try some PVP. If you take the demon skin talent your damage absorption is freaking CRAZY at the moment. I felt like a raid mob it took 3-4 people beating on me to kill my warlock when I was messing with it. My shield absorbs for more than 200k health and regenerates at 1 percent of my max hp and in pvp that is stupidly high.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
DEERP ILLIDAAAAN

Meh. They were apparently designed to be low barrier to entry resub fodder so they are kind of a mess. I'm not sure how you would 'do it better' other than hitting eye beams on CD. In fact one of their talents takes away their 'builder' and adds it into autoattack so you just hit one key most of the time and wait in their rotation. lol

This is pretty far from the truth. Sure, there are talents that make playing the class really easy but in actuality, the highest dps rotation has a pretty high skill cap. The highest dps setup for Havoc requires momentum and fel mastery. Without going into too much detail, momentum gives a 20% damage buff for 4 seconds after using fel rush and Vengeful retreat; therefore, you have to constantly be using high movement skills to keep the damage buff up. This requires continual juggling of the normal cooldowns and resource management with good positioning and not triggering any ground effects. There will be a huge difference between a good and mediocre DH on the damage meters.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
This is pretty far from the truth. Sure, there are talents that make playing the class really easy but in actuality, the highest dps rotation has a pretty high skill cap. The highest dps setup for Havoc requires momentum and fel mastery. Without going into too much detail, momentum gives a 20% damage buff for 4 seconds after using fel rush and Vengeful retreat; therefore, you have to constantly be using high movement skills to keep the damage buff up. This requires continual juggling of the normal cooldowns and resource management with good positioning and not triggering any ground effects. There will be a huge difference between a good and mediocre DH on the damage meters.

I highly doubt that's going to fly in mythic raiding and if it does it'll be nerfed as people cry because their 'puters won't let the DH as hard. Also that's paper dps, I doubt it's going to work out as nicely as minor boss shifts cause a missed autoattack and things like that.

You're talking about people that instead of letting everyone increase zoom distance on slider in options decided it was unfair and called everyone at up the butt.

bleedat

Molten Core Raider
is there a post/site that basically ranks the classes going into launch? I want op and easy. I'm too old to micro shit anymore.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I highly doubt that's going to fly in mythic raiding and if it does it'll be nerfed as people cry because their 'puters won't let the DH as hard. Also that's paper dps, I doubt it's going to work out as nicely as minor boss shifts cause a missed autoattack and things like that.

You're talking about people that instead of letting everyone increase zoom distance on slider in options decided it was unfair and called everyone at up the butt.

It has been this way for the majority of beta. Also, the sims take into account non-perfect play and exactly why the class has one of the higher skill caps.

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
I think I liked mage, rogue and DK most from what I messed around with on beta. Kind of disappointed in Rogue talents though, they are just what they always have been and are not very exciting. I mean making Slice and Dice a talent, really? and from what I understand it's not even an upgrade over the ability it replaces. Exsanguinate was about the only talent they got that I felt really added something to a spec.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Reading that WoW is very CPU-centric in terms of FPS. Gonna have to re-overclock my i5-2500K to push out more frames! The game wants me to play on "7" graphic setting, but I force it to 10!

And I mirror what others have said. Fire mage, Outlaw Rogue, and UH/Blood DK have been really fun so far. I haven't put enough time into Hunter to see if I'd like that more.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
How high are everyone's frames? Completely maxed with SMAA 4x + CMAA I'm running 75-100 FPS depending on environment. Really bad areas like garrison I go down to 50ish.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I have a 6700k and GTX1070.. if I put it to "10" I get average 50FPS in towns, probably better elsewhere. If I leave it at the 7 standard I get around 100 average in towns.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I have a 6700k and GTX1070.. if I put it to "10" I get average 50FPS in towns, probably better elsewhere. If I leave it at the 7 standard I get around 100 average in towns.

OK good so I'm not that far off. Didn't think the 4770K would be a huge bottleneck.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
is there a post/site that basically ranks the classes going into launch? I want op and easy. I'm too old to micro shit anymore.

You can safely role hunter or mage and always have the right mix of damage and utility to be considered a needed class for raiding. It's important to point out though that this is really only a big deal for mythic progression.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
And I'm just running stock freq now, so 4.0GHZ I think, or 4.2 with MSI's crap going on

Mine is running stock 3.5GHZ @ 32-40C. I have a water cooler so I'm sure I could probably push 4.6GHZ if I wanted to but meh.