World of Warcraft: Current Year

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
BIggest issue right now is I don't know how to get between the different WoD zones very well. The map is fairly useless. But I hit 96, and I've got 0 of the talador stories even done as far as quests. I want to move on to Spires, but no idea how to even get there, and of course no flight paths.

Narac01

Trakanon Raider
You should be able to open up your adventure guide and be offered a quest for Spires. Then go to your garrison and it should fly you there.

Crone

You should be able to open up your adventure guide and be offered a quest for Spires. Then go to your garrison and it should fly you there.
Holy F.... thank you. I figured there had to be a way, and sure enough...

Miele

Lord Nagafen Raider
After having shortly tested a lot of specs in beta, I decided to play druid and shaman, both have at least two specs I enjoyed a fucking lot. The healing ones are no brainers for me and Guardian + Enhancement are very fun. I'll pretend to mourn my monk while grinding away on these two.
Over time I'll play them all, having all classes at 100 helps (being an altoholic too), but Legion artifact grinds are not very alt friendly.
More stuff to do, won't complain :)

khorum

Murder Apologist
I was so pissed the removed the runspeed stat from the character panel :(

At least my stealth movement speed is still +30%, for now...

Really? I got a +300 speed random mod on a glove or something and it added the mod on my char sheet. Maybe it just doesn't show the passives (which would be retarded). Stuff like %leech doesn't show unless it's nonzero.

Flipmode

EQOA Refugee
I'm not enjoying the frost spec on my mage. I think I am going to have to play fire. Does frost get better with the artifact? I really like the look of the frost artifact best and have played frost mostly up to this point.

bolok

Trakanon Raider
grab the dejacharacter stats addon. The legion character panel was pruned into uselessness. The addon makes it somewhat better. UH DK is still fine in the grand scheme of things. Just spec into the wounds talents. Losing the pseudo ranged DK is kinda blah- but it could be still a clutch utility pick. I would've mentioned they'll be lowering the cooldown of moonwalk to 45 (30secs talented) to semi-compensate, but making a post on the forum on ios is super broken- and our sprint is some craptastic channeled self incapacitate too. With *cough* "clearly placeholder" graphics.

khorum

Murder Apologist
Someone said fire was hands down better, but the mage I've run a few mythic 4/5's with is frost. Maybe that's why his dps sucks and why he's unhappy with the class tho. I don't imagine he HASN'T tried fire, he's been in the beta months longer than I have.

bolok

Trakanon Raider
I'm not enjoying the frost spec on my mage. I think I am going to have to play fire. Does frost get better with the artifact? I really like the look of the frost artifact best and have played frost mostly up to this point.

It does, huge ebonbolt crits and some super shenanigans with the artifact talents. But Mages are ALL fire now.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Dalien

Registered Hodor

Go fire. Just do it.

I was one of the stubborn holdouts that was going to stay frost because it's what I've played for the past several years. I decided to give fire a try on beta this weekend and leveled almost to 105, holy shit is it better. I was questing alongside a frost mage in a few areas and was literally killing shit twice as fast as he was. Drop down a rune of power and between combustion, fire blast and artifact ability you can fire off like 8-9 insta pyros for incredible burst. Shit goes BOOM.

• 1Like

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Was interested in Frost myself, I like the visuals a bit more but yeah can't argue Fire is top dog until frost gets some buffs.

• 1Like

Flipmode

EQOA Refugee
With the artifacts in Legion, aren't you committed if you choose one? If you switch later won't you be handicapped? Or is their a way to refund artifact points spent? My fear is I start fire, and they fix frost and I am stuck being fire or gimped.

• 1Like

Dalien

Registered Hodor
You have to pick one spec starting out but at level 102 you get quests to obtain the other two artifacts. No refund for artifact points spent but there are catch up mechanics to level your other two artifacts faster. Also, khorum can probably answer this better but I'm assuming that you can earn artifact points much faster at max level, making it easier on leveling your off specs.

• 1Like

Crone

Put a lot of time into my Rogue and DK lately, and are in their 50s and 60s, however going back to my 96 Hunter, shit just works.

Been using the Diablo UI since coming back and it's pretty clean, but some of the ways it does mob debuffs I don't like, and might be a little too streamlined for me. Gonna load up my "normal UI" I typically go with and see how I like that in comparison.

khorum

Murder Apologist
You can spend artifact points equivalent to maxing out your current level to reset your current artifact tho. Obviously this is best done early since the artifact xp to level ramps up sharply.

• 1Like

bolok

Trakanon Raider
You have to pick one spec starting out but at level 102 you get quests to obtain the other two artifacts. No refund for artifact points spent but there are catch up mechanics to level your other two artifacts faster. Also, khorum can probably answer this better but I'm assuming that you can earn artifact points much faster at max level, making it easier on leveling your off specs.

You can get 13 points in 2 artifacts before you can afford to add 14 to one. So you'll be able to keep 2 somewhat level. Keeping all 3 or more will become less likely, but most specs can get by passably with low 20's. There is a ramping point gain, but some weirdos have mathed it out to like 150+ days to get all 34 in one maxed iirc.

• 1Like

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I just wish it would go ahead and release. I'm over here finishing games that I never finished and Im running out >.>

khorum

Murder Apologist
I've actually stepped back from legion beta too. Mostly because I'm outta town and playing on a macbook, but also partly because the World Quests by themselves aren't enough to hold you down when they aren't testing raid wings or your usual mythic+ 5man is playing alts.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Oh it is I have to hope at 110 the demon skin thing is balanced better or that thing is going to get smacked with the nerf tree. It is really lol worthy derping around and even doing nothing it takes a long time for people to even get to your health bar. Now add that you can drain life or siphon life depending on spec to throw more healing out its pretty nutty amusing at the moment. It also is why there are a zillion warlocks in pvp right now.
Wait till pvp talents. If current warlock stays as in, then you get drain life that reduces your targets damage by 10% every time you heal yourself with drain life, stacking up to 5 times, so 50% on target. Thankfully it only last 6 seconds. Then add curses from pvp talents, and the talent that refreshes dots with drain life and you can forget any class taking a aff lock alone. You will be required to bring 2, probably 3. Example as a warrior, I would be hit with 50% damage reduction and then 25% phys damage reduction if he has the curse, so 75% less damage I would do, while hes doing full dot damage and healing probably as much if he had a healer in his pocket :p