World of Warcraft: Current Year

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I had 11 max level horde characters on a dead PvP server (Ner'zhul) for a few years now. I resisted server transferring to a bigger server because I was so heavily invested, but I decided to pull the trigger and used one of my $5 keys I picked up from amazon a couple months ago to start max leveling alliance characters on Stormrage (fuck world PvP).

I've got it down to more or less a science and can go from 1-90 in about 6-8 hours. I whipped together a spreadsheet to make sure I didn't waste any gifted levels. I don't know that they'll ever do the gold faucet like garrisons again, but I'll be even more prepared this time. Plus it's really nice to have all professions covered since I like to collect mounts and toys.

khorum

Murder Apologist
I was actually wondering how they'd do world pvp in Legion now. In bg's/arenas everyone gets a debuff that normalizes their stats to a fixed ilevel but gives higher ilevel guys a slight ilevel buff. It's exactly as shitty as it sounds. They DON'T apply that buff to world pvp tho (unless you're in one of the pap-flagged areas) and since the pvp flag is basically them permanently segregating pvp and pve, I'm thinking they just don't give a shit how imbalanced world PVP is then.

So it's technically possible ppl on open pvp servers would have a whole tsunami of imbalanced chars cockblocking content and blizz can just hand wave it away?

Dalien

Registered Hodor
I was actually wondering how they'd do world pvp in Legion now. In bg's/arenas everyone gets a debuff that normalizes their stats to a fixed ilevel but gives higher ilevel guys a slight ilevel buff. It's exactly as shitty as it sounds. They DON'T apply that buff to world pvp tho (unless you're in one of the pap-flagged areas) and since the pvp flag is basically them permanently segregating pvp and pve, I'm thinking they just don't give a shit how imbalanced world PVP is then.

So it's technically possible ppl on open pvp servers would have a whole tsunami of imbalanced chars cockblocking content and blizz can just hand wave it away?

Probably, they won't care. Anyone crying about world pvp imbalance will be answered with "pvp happened on a pvp server". The new BG/Arenas stats thing looks ridiculous too. I can't be assed to find the video but I remember watching one of some guy who just ran around naked with his weapon and was just as effective as everyone else.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
How would they even try to balance world pvp? Would have to re-work every ability to have some kind of "when cast on another player" and give it default value, instead of to the actual player they do now in instancing.

I don't think its worth their time, because no matter what world pvp will be unbalanced(afks, fighting a mob, elites, gathering etc).

@ Equalization. Gear can still matter, it just doesn't have the huge influence it always has had. I think they said its what 1% per 10ilvls over the default(which is 850 I believe in legion)?. So you are going to maybe look at 10% max difference between guy who just hit 110 and the dude in full max raid gear(pvp gear if there is any). Whether that ends up a good or bad thing who knows(in terms of keeping people playing). Though maybe a larger difference will be between those that have pvp talents(no clue how long it takes to earn to last tier) and full artifacts, compared to those that don't.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
It sounds lame but thats what a lot of people have been bitching for.. for.. well.. fucking ever. A mythic geared player comes in and is one shotting people that are in normal raid or less gear and it causes bitching. The only problem with this approach is now that gear has a negligible effect, what exactly will inspire the larger swath of players to PVP? I just dont see the desire there.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Wait till pvp talents. If current warlock stays as in, then you get drain life that reduces your targets damage by 10% every time you heal yourself with drain life, stacking up to 5 times, so 50% on target. Thankfully it only last 6 seconds. Then add curses from pvp talents, and the talent that refreshes dots with drain life and you can forget any class taking a aff lock alone. You will be required to bring 2, probably 3. Example as a warrior, I would be hit with 50% damage reduction and then 25% phys damage reduction if he has the curse, so 75% less damage I would do, while hes doing full dot damage and healing probably as much if he had a healer in his pocket :p
That sounds as OP as you can make it sound. Hopefully a limiting factor, such as mana, will play a bigger role in that scenario. I wouldnt give two shits if it has its drawbacks like running out of mana rather quickly.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I had 11 max level horde characters on a dead PvP server (Ner'zhul) for a few years now. I resisted server transferring to a bigger server because I was so heavily invested, but I decided to pull the trigger and used one of my $5 keys I picked up from amazon a couple months ago to start max leveling alliance characters on Stormrage (fuck world PvP).

I've got it down to more or less a science and can go from 1-90 in about 6-8 hours. I whipped together a spreadsheet to make sure I didn't waste any gifted levels. I don't know that they'll ever do the gold faucet like garrisons again, but I'll be even more prepared this time. Plus it's really nice to have all professions covered since I like to collect mounts and toys.
Sounds hardcore! So you why switch to Alliance? Just for PVP? we all horde over on Hyjal, shoulda come join us!

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Eh gear was nice, but I spent hundreds of hours in SS/TM battles or inside BRM in Vanilla, that had no carrot or incentive other then have fun while killing other people. And I play plenty of other pvp oriented games that have progression but it's not tied to character power. So no real big deal to me. But it will be interesting to see how it works out. I mean casuals, which are probably the majority in this game, should love it, because they won't fall behind as much as they did before(but again I don't know how pvp talents or artifact leveling will factor in either).

And the "Carrot" is still there, because you still get gear and it will increase your power, but it's just not as crucial to your character's power as it was before.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
That sounds as OP as you can make it sound. Hopefully a limiting factor, such as mana, will play a bigger role in that scenario. I wouldnt give two shits if it has its drawbacks like running out of mana rather quickly.
Lol mana problems on a warlock :Life Tap - Spell - World of Warcraft

And they have plenty of healing to get that health pretty much instantly back. Healthstones will heal them 100% via artifact(also the same ability heals them anytime a group/raid member uses a healthstone for the amount that player was healed). Drain Life(and all its artifact talents that will make it heal even more). Artifact ability that gives corruption a 15% proc of damage per tick that does 130% of spell power and heals you for 100% of the damage dealt.

It's going to be quite hilarious. They are just going to get even stronger as all their heals, damage, absorbs go up immensely, since they are all so woven together and depend on the other.

khorum

Murder Apologist
It sounds lame but thats what a lot of people have been bitching for.. for.. well.. fucking ever. A mythic geared player comes in and is one shotting people that are in normal raid or less gear and it causes bitching. The only problem with this approach is now that gear has a negligible effect, what exactly will inspire the larger swath of players to PVP? I just dont see the desire there.

And it won't really bridge the gap between talented players and scrubs. Remember when it was "VOICE CHAT" that was the biggest culprit in the "skill gap". Then blizz patched in free voice chat and it made so little fucking difference that ppl barely use it today.

Last edited:

Crone

So my hunter is about to hit 100, and I have a feeling I'm going to main this for Legion. Just feels so right. Always been a fan of ranged DPS, so this makes sense. Probably end up Druid if I want to run some heals sometime, but is there a checklist of sorts to get a hunter as ready as possible?

I'm not gonna be running anything but LFRs... but pets? Do I need a specific pet or GTFO? I don't have money to prep for anything else, but mainly was looking at hunter specific things. Thanks.

Dalien

Registered Hodor
The talented players will be good in PvP no matter what. With gear meaning not much the biggest gap will be with PvP talents at least initally.

random question: how long does legendary ring stay awesome at 110? or is the effect nerfed once you hit max like the MoP cloak was? stacking +44% damage on top of all your other cooldowns seems too good for them to leave alone.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
So my hunter is about to hit 100, and I have a feeling I'm going to main this for Legion. Just feels so right. Always been a fan of ranged DPS, so this makes sense. Probably end up Druid if I want to run some heals sometime, but is there a checklist of sorts to get a hunter as ready as possible?

I'm not gonna be running anything but LFRs... but pets? Do I need a specific pet or GTFO? I don't have money to prep for anything else, but mainly was looking at hunter specific things. Thanks.

Pet choices really only mean anything for BM now since 'pet buffs' are gone. Core hounds still have bloodlust and the exotics all have their little special abilities

That said the one pet which is still useful would probably be cats as they still have prowl, so for dungeons and stuff it won't aggro as much unintentionally.

joz123

Potato del Grande
Beta has been messed up the past few days. Restarts make my patcher loop repair updates over and over.

Miele

Lord Nagafen Raider

In groups or riads, nobody gives a shit, unless you have to cover for Bloodlust/Heroism or Battle Rez. Anyway, especially for soloing, get at least one spirit beast for the heal (it's a hot that can be casted on anyone), a Core Hound for Bloodlust/Heroism, a Quilien for Battle Rez, a Turtle for Shell Shield or a Shale Spider (Spiders used to be better, but now that buffs are gone, it's the same as a turtle). You pick the pet spec out of combat, so Tenacity for soloing and Ferocity for grouping. Ferocity for soloing is simply not worth it, you do enough damage and pet takes a shitload, so you have to constantly mend pet, while tenacity can take a lot more punishment before you bother with one.

I miss dearly the glyph of misdirection and the old Aspect of the Cheetah, traps were also useful when soloing, but aside from those non-trivial pruned skills, BM is still okay to play.

Spec Stomp, screw Chimaera Shot ;)

Last edited:

Crone

In groups or riads, nobody gives a shit, unless you have to cover for Bloodlust/Heroism or Battle Rez. Anyway, especially for soloing, get at least one spirit beast for the heal (it's a hot that can be casted on anyone), a Core Hound for Bloodlust/Heroism, a Quilien for Battle Rez, a Turtle for Shell Shield or a Shale Spider (Spiders used to be better, but now that buffs are gone, it's the same as a turtle). You pick the pet spec out of combat, so Tenacity for soloing and Ferocity for grouping. Ferocity for soloing is simply not worth it, you do enough damage and pet takes a shitload, so you have to constantly mend pet, while tenacity can take a lot more punishment before you bother with one.

I miss dearly the glyph of misdirection and the old Aspect of the Cheetah, traps were also useful when soling, but aside from those non-trivial pruned skills, BM is still okay to play.

Spec Stomp, screw Chimaera Shot ;)
Nice stuff! Thank you!

I'll have to figure out how to charm a pet... I've literally just used my spider you get at like level 1 as Undead the entire time. I may have tamed a couple other wolves, I'm not sure.

The list is growing of things I am realizing I need/want to do before Legion!

Edit: Oh, and I bitched out and bought a token and immediately listed it on the AH, then proceeded to pay 25k to a dude for heroic Archi kill for the mount. lol....

Nola

Trakanon Raider
BrM isn't as bad as people are claiming, if you know what you're doing I'd rank them above DKs and Paladins. Prot War/Bears still kick the shit out of them, though.

DH tanks are utter shit and you should absolutely stay away from them.
This.... Guardian druids and protection warriors are the best tanks in my opinion. Haven't tried a DH tank yet and not a fan of the class. Will be playing a Druid this expansion.