World of Warcraft: Current Year

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
Does anyone know what time the expansion goes live on the 30th? Both in US and EU?

Last few expansions have been 12am PST for the US. I think the EU usually releases before us, so probably 12 England time or some shit

Kyougou

<Gold Donor>
Last few expansions have been 12am PST for the US. I think the EU usually releases before us, so probably 12 England time or some shit
It will be 23h00 England which is 0h00 in France.
Usually GMT-1 but we are currently on BST so BST-1.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
They may have gutted warlock mobility but the warlocks are probably one of the tankier things on the battlefield now so most are totally content to just sit there in the scrum and slobber up everybody with dots. For aff locks specing for 60 second on pvp target corruption is lol worthy as well. Just dot people up and then even if they run away you see little damage numbers floating up in the distance.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
How did they gut lock mobility? Did they get rid of demonic teleport?
Right now by default warlocks have no mobility increase other than the long cool down gateways. You can take the teleport or burning rush but those are talents and on the same tier so you can only take one or the other. Also they changed the port where now it is a single button press it once and it deploys a port return spot press it again and it returns you to that spot. So its harder to reposition your new port location on the fly you either have to return to it or wait till it expires.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Can someone explain the dungeon keys? I keep seeing modifiers and shit on them and I've not read any details on how it works.

Hell, even just a link to the mmo-champion explainer for it.

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I've got it down to more or less a science and can go from 1-90 in about 6-8 hours. I whipped together a spreadsheet to make sure I didn't waste any gifted levels. I don't know that they'll ever do the gold faucet like garrisons again, but I'll be even more prepared this time. Plus it's really nice to have all professions covered since I like to collect mounts and toys.
Holy fuck, that seems really fast. How are you doing it in 6-8 hours?

Zhro

Silver Knight of the Realm
Can someone explain the dungeon keys? I keep seeing modifiers and shit on them and I've not read any details on how it works.

Here's a quick run down on them: MMO-Champion - Legion - Challenge Mode Dungeons

But some of this information might have change since it looks like it's from blizzcon.

They basically work like Diablo 3's greater rift system with different affixes each week.

Zhro

Silver Knight of the Realm
It sounds lame but thats what a lot of people have been bitching for.. for.. well.. fucking ever. A mythic geared player comes in and is one shotting people that are in normal raid or less gear and it causes bitching. The only problem with this approach is now that gear has a negligible effect, what exactly will inspire the larger swath of players to PVP? I just dont see the desire there.

I can't speak for how it might entice people wanting to go into BGs, but with the world quests in legion making you have to kill Alliance/Horde faction NPCs that reward you with honors levels in addition to the loot from the quest. I could see people engage in some sort of world PVP over these quest objectives.

khorum

Murder Apologist
The rewards for the PVP world quests tend to be similar to the elite/group PVE quests... which means you can get some pretty solid gear and artifact xp for them. I also saw some PVP-only gear could pop up on for some of those PVP world quests, but I wonder if they can get upgraded like the PVE stuff.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider

Basically when you complete a mythic dungeon or do some world quests you can get dungeon keystones. Using these in a mythic basically adds a complication factor to it and improves the rewards. If you have played diablo3 it works a lot like those instances work. If you complete the mythic dungeon with all the new challenge factors at the end your stone upgrades to the next level. I have seen videos of +11 keystone runs and they look pretty fooking hard.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Beyond just harder dungeons, I'm assuming the loot rolls better as well?