World of Warcraft: Current Year

khorum

Murder Apologist
On beta it used to be FAR worse. My gnome made this insane yipping sound every god damn time you used dire beasts. It was awful. At least now it is just the standard summon pet whistle which while not great to hear so often is okay compared to the horror it once was.

Some beta hunters have this massive T-Rex pet with the INSANELY loud and bassy footsteps. When they buff it it just about blows out my speakers. It is so fucking trolly.

Dunno if thats in live at all.

Ceowulff

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yeah that's Thok from the Siege of Orgrimmar raid, you can tame him now. Nobody gets loot if you do it too~!

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
@Malkav I'll be nice, I promise.

BrM is totally playable, it has suffered some serious pruning, which made it less self reliant (like all other tanks), but also, in my opinion, less fun and versatile.
Touch of Death, Dizzying Haze, Spinning Crane Kick, Chi Explosion are some of the disappeared skills, some changed functionality, like Expel Harm.
The gameplay is all built around using two brews, sharing charges, Fortifying and Purifying. You produce a lot less Ox orbs, but they heal for much more, you can still Roll and can still self heal with a casted fast healing spell (used when not tanking of course).
Right now it parses lower than others in dps, but I suspect two tanks are going to get nerfed, by quite a lot.

If you care about offspecs, mistweaver has been basically remade and windwalker has received quite a few changes too. I can tolerate the new MW and I like the new WW.

This been said, I'll still probably play druid.
Did a timewalking on my 720 brm. Was weird needing heals. No clue how i did since i had no addons.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Some beta hunters have this massive T-Rex pet with the INSANELY loud and bassy footsteps. When they buff it it just about blows out my speakers. It is so fucking trolly.

Dunno if thats in live at all.

HAHAH I don't think its a current problem I have a t rex and he is not stompy at the moment. That said dino mega stompyness has been a reoccuring issue from time to time. Every once in a while some of the pet sounds get out of whack and get REALLY loud. Used to be corehounds were my bane that were mega stompy. I had to stable it because I could not handle the STOMP STOMP STOMP STOMP as it moves around.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yeah that's Thok from the Siege of Orgrimmar raid, you can tame him now. Nobody gets loot if you do it too~!

Oh ya I had heard you could tame thock but I had not gotten around to it yet. Probably some bug where they did not realize they flagged him as tameable and so still has his normal sound volumes and not his levels. I have seen this happen before after expansions as they reflag old boss mobs tameable.

khorum

Murder Apologist
It is waaaay louder than those corehounds, and the steps are much closer together. Yeah Thok sounds about right.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yup probably just forgot they made him tameable and he has his boss sound volumes still instead of the much quieter pet level ones.

Drat

Golden Knight of the Realm
I am sure it has been said some where else, but multi tap on normal mobs just feels insane. I was doing a little pre-100 leveling on an alt and I am use to trying to out run everybody else to the mobs. I ended up in an ungrouped 3-4 people just going around killing everything together and all of us getting credit and quest items. I know other games have this, but it felt so foreign.

On a side note, my mind is blown every time I return to WoW and they still don't have a shared bank. It was so bad that I was convinced my account was broken because nothing was sharing. Heh.

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
Hey Noodle, im on Thrall but if you guys need a 710ish prot warrior for anything shoot me an invite Kraken#1677

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I am sure it has been said some where else, but multi tap on normal mobs just feels insane. I was doing a little pre-100 leveling on an alt and I am use to trying to out run everybody else to the mobs. I ended up in an ungrouped 3-4 people just going around killing everything together and all of us getting credit and quest items. I know other games have this, but it felt so foreign.

On a side note, my mind is blown every time I return to WoW and they still don't have a shared bank. It was so bad that I was convinced my account was broken because nothing was sharing. Heh.
You think that's bad let me tell you about the Backpack you get as a level 1 player

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Zhro

Silver Knight of the Realm
I decided for the first time to roll as a tank for an expansion for starters and play my warrior.

After having tanked on Legion beta, it's just really fun where prot warriors are at, even though I'd say they'll nerf IP a little bit.

I'll probably roll arms as my offspec as I found that to be a more enjoyable play style over fury and it's very GCD cap gameplay. But the downfall of arms is you really need to invest a lot of AP towards it for even be efficient or fun to play, unlike fury where it plays just fine right out the gate and the artifact traits just add to your gameplay.

lindz

#DDs
You guys over think classes like crazy. I always just play the one that I find fun
I over think classes a ton, until I realize I should always go with my first instinct. I can debate with myself forever, but I'm safe going back to that first one every time.

lindz

#DDs
How viable is it to level from 100-110 as a heal spec? Am I being a masochist trying to smite as holy for 10 levels? Better to just go shadow and deal with some mispent artifact points for awhile?

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Doing Glory of the Hellfire Raider with a few people that had never seen the zone and several undergeared was interesting at least. Without the zone nerfs it'd have been impossible with that lineup.

Funny enough, on a heroic clear I finally get 4 piece, a 720 dagger, and archimonde trinket. Thanks, I guess?

Zhro

How viable is it to level from 100-110 as a heal spec? Am I being a masochist trying to smite as holy for 10 levels? Better to just go shadow and deal with some mispent artifact points for awhile?

I believe it's better to just run as disc to get 110. You get way more survivability even though you'll probably kills mobs slightly slower than shadow. You won't get much use or benefit from the insanity as the mobs will tend to die before you get the buff and if you do get it, it will run out when you're moving to the next quest or mob.

Zhro

Im gonna level as prot warrior so I have no idea how that will go either

I've had no issues soloing any of the mobs while playing prot as you can just keep stacking up your IP and it lasts long enough when moving from mob to mob. The damage is good and I feel like I can just take on more mobs at a time and not feel overwhelmed versus playing either fury/arms.

Just from world questing alone, I was able to sustain a 4+ mil stack of IP and if I needed to heal, I'd use my Victory Rush or if you take the talent for leveling Impending Victory and it would top me off.