World of Warcraft: Current Year

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So artifact knowledge now applies to all sources of AP. Have fun trying to figure out the best way/time to do the AP quests now. Fucking dammit.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
You want to know annoying as far as sound issues go? Play BM hunter. Fucking silly.

On beta it used to be FAR worse. My gnome made this insane yipping sound every god damn time you used dire beasts. It was awful. At least now it is just the standard summon pet whistle which while not great to hear so often is okay compared to the horror it once was.

Qerero

Golden Knight of the Realm
You guys play with the sound on? Lol.

Sound AND music! Immersion bro.

In all seriousness I don't really like listening to other stuff while playing for some reason, unless I'm mindlessly grinding something (which basically never happens anymore).

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Sound AND music! Immersion bro.

In all seriousness I don't really like listening to other stuff while playing for some reason, unless I'm mindlessly grinding something (which basically never happens anymore).
Got you. Don't think I've ever played with it on consistently. Usually just blasting Opeth or something.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Can you explain more?

Full explanation: Artifact Knowledge is an item/resource that increases the amount of Artifact Power you receive from playing the game (WQs, dungeons, raids, pvp, etc...). You research it in your class hall and when up to date it takes 5 days to research every level (25 levels total, so 125 days to max). Every level of AK further increases the AP received (level 1 is 25%, level 2 50%, level 3 90%, etc...). Previously, AK did not apply to zone quests and treasures (basically, one time sources of AP did not benefit from AK). Blizzard recently reversed its stance and now AK applies to one time sources of AP (zone ending quests, treasures, suramar quests, etc...). Therefore, before this change, it did not matter when you did those one time sources of AP as they always gave the same. Now, depending on how the math works out (the AP on those one time sources has been reduced to compensate for AK applying), you might be better off sitting on a number of quests until reaching AK 25 instead of just doing them naturally as you play the game.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rogosh

Lord Nagafen Raider
The Maxcam addon makes the game completely bearable again, those weeks without zooming out further were rough.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The Maxcam addon makes the game completely bearable again, those weeks without zooming out further were rough.

They already hotfixed it, or have a hotfixed lined up. A dev said they were aware of this issue but were just waiting on the next patch but they will now hotfix due to the addon.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Been playing beta for a couple months now. Hunter, DH, and lock all 110. The new daily system takes a shitton of time, so you probably won't have more than 1-2 toons active at any given time until you cap your reps and artifacts out.

That said, you get not just one, but *TWO* garrisons in this expac. Your class hall, and the town you set up in the final regular zone. You will spend vastly more time in the latter.

Legion brings back the rep grind fever you all know and love from TBC, along with shitty assfuck 'mythic' mode which combines the annoyance of having to manually form groups with the inconvenience of having to travel all the fuck over the map to get to dungeons, because fuck you that's why. The shitty devs that got their asses handed to them over no flying in WOD are back in action, waiting to drive yet more subs away from WOW. If they don't add mythic to lfd system before first quarter is over, I am betting they will be under 2M subs.

Back to reps and that final zone. Suramar has a lot of fun stuff in it, but once you clear out all the stuff you have at any particular unlock stage (locked to rep) you have extremely limited options. You will only have 3-4 WQs in the zone at first, with tiny amounts of faction, so you will be farming this zone for 2-3 months before you get to exalted, which is supposedly when you will unlock the raid area of the zone. That's unconfirmed, but I have personally confirmed that the two Mythic only dungeons in the zone, unlock at 8000/12000 into honored. If you have a tradeskill, you will be forced to spend time in Suramar. Raiding and dungeon progression? Suramar. And there is a fun minigame you get every other day in Suramar where you lead a horde of mana starved NEs through an instance to try to get to the other side. Personally, I have had a lot of fun with it, but I can see where others might not. One thing you get from that is a bank for your little rebel town, so it has a benefit. And it is a nice boost to nightfallen rep when it pops.
That sounds fucking awful.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Have a good alliance guild of chums looking for a few extra on the one and only Emerald Dream server.

Watched something along the lines of the often satired fight scene of Gangs of New York but WoW RP world PvP style. Laughed at the zone chat for like an hour. Some of these people on this server care a whole lot about their RP world PvP.

Drat

Full explanation: Artifact Knowledge... You research it in your class hall and when up to date it takes 5 days to research every level (25 levels total, so 125 days to max). Every level of AK further increases the AP received (level 1 is 25%, level 2 50%, level 3 90%, etc...).

Is it possible to take alt characters to the point where they can start researching AK and then log those chars in every 5 days to keep researching or does the AK research quests get triggered from doing other actions?

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Is it possible to take alt characters to the point where they can start researching AK and then log those chars in every 5 days to keep researching or does the AK research quests get triggered from doing other actions?

Yes it is possible. All you have to do is level to 110 and park them in front of the NPC in the class hall. It takes order resources so you may have to do a WQ here and there but not very often.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Full explanation: Artifact Knowledge is an item/resource that increases the amount of Artifact Power you receive from playing the game (WQs, dungeons, raids, pvp, etc...). You research it in your class hall and when up to date it takes 5 days to research every level (25 levels total, so 125 days to max). Every level of AK further increases the AP received (level 1 is 25%, level 2 50%, level 3 90%, etc...). Previously, AK did not apply to zone quests and treasures (basically, one time sources of AP did not benefit from AK). Blizzard recently reversed its stance and now AK applies to one time sources of AP (zone ending quests, treasures, suramar quests, etc...). Therefore, before this change, it did not matter when you did those one time sources of AP as they always gave the same. Now, depending on how the math works out (the AP on those one time sources has been reduced to compensate for AK applying), you might be better off sitting on a number of quests until reaching AK 25 instead of just doing them naturally as you play the game.

Just as a follow up on this, after seeing the math, there is a negligible difference on the artifact leveling time for when you do the one time AP sources. Just do them whenever, saving them saves 3 to 5 days max on total level time. Saving the treasures might be worth it however.

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I know it was covered on the "old forum", but what's the deal with transmog items now? Is everything taking up bank and bag space able to be sold or deleted now because I own it and it's automatically in my fashion thing? Or, do I need to do something to put them in there before getting rid of them? I'd hate to screw it up and lose a decade of awesome armor and weapons.

Drat

Druids, what spec are you going to use for leveling 100-110? Is that spec different from your main spec? I have seen a few threads about restro druids putting 12-13 points into the feral artifact weapon instead of restro, then at 110 they will drop all of their new/banked points into the restro artifact.