World of Warcraft: Current Year

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Is it a good idea to start playing a bit now and "prep" for the expansion?

What all can we do to prep for it?

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Does the dungeon queue try to queue melee dps and ranged dps differently or does it simply not care and you could end up with 3 melee or 3 ranged at any moment?

I don't believe the queue system cares if a DPS is ranged or melee. That said I don't think I ever had problems with three melee dps in a dungeon finder group.

khorum

Murder Apologist
Does the dungeon queue try to queue melee dps and ranged dps differently or does it simply not care and you could end up with 3 melee or 3 ranged at any moment?

Nah it'll fill the three dps slots with any mix of dps. So yeah u can get 3ranged or 3melee.

khorum

Murder Apologist
Is it a good idea to start playing a bit now and "prep" for the expansion?

What all can we do to prep for it?

I got into beta after having quit for over a year and it was fine. There's literally no reason to ever go back to wod since they nerfed gold missions.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Oh joy. I played WOD up through the Black... whatever raid.

Then got bored because I hated Garrisons. I have a 100 priest and DK. But Monk sounds fun this time around.

khorum

Murder Apologist
Well, bad news is there's a garrison 2.0 lol.

Good news is that mythic+ dungeons are prolly the best way to gear up. You get a mythic chest in your garrison that is filled up in the beginning of the week with random purples based on the highest tier mythics you completed on the previous week.

So building a several crews of 5-mans is prolly gonna be something a lot of guilds will be doing so folks who can off spec tank or heals are gonna be in high demand.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Running around as a young shaman Flame Shocking everything must be what an Affliction warlock feels their entire career... Literally no other spell needed, just instant cast DoT stuff and it dies. Never stop running!

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
What do the invasions do for you?

You can get 685 gear for all classes that has a new look I believe. You can also get ilevel 700 upgradable to 725 weapons with unique looks. Doing them also gets you an event currency you can use to buy transmog wardrobe looks/pets/items.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
You can get 685 gear for all classes that has a new look I believe. You can also get ilevel 700 upgradable to 725 weapons with unique looks. Doing them also gets you an event currency you can use to buy transmog wardrobe looks/pets/items.
The race is on! Can I hit 100 before Tuesday on my new shaman? Level 9 and counting...

Brikker

Trump's Staff
What do the invasions do for you?

Gear and one-time achievements. Also transmogs. I think the gear is 685 upgradable to like 710 or so. Don't remember exactly but it's basically just easy to acquire filler gear for alts/people who haven't played in a long time. Still isn't needed since Legion questing will probably surpass it pretty quick, as usual.

But the transmogs you can get from them are a one-time thing, I think. Wowhead has a rundown with the quests, loot, etc.

khorum

Murder Apologist
Yeah and the garrison upgrade that buffs the chance to warforge quest rewards procs a lot more often than i remember the wod's version did.

DavivMcD

Peasant
Are transmog looks that important to people?
Nah transmog people are INSANE, right? I personally enjoy looking like this:

outlandclownsuit.jpg

outlandclownsuit.jpg

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
I didn't really care about it until it stopped taking bag space. Now it's something to do while waiting for other content.