World of Warcraft: Current Year

Bain

Bronze Knight of the Realm
<Informative stuff>

Thanks. I've started messing around with a monk now and have a druid at 100 so I'll mess around with it and see how I feel without the artifact. Monk feels similar enough to old hunter in that you are trying to plan your resources for your next 2-3 abilities while still being way more active that so far I'm really liking it.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
I just did the dreadwispers thing and that was the most fun I've had in awhile... Sneaking around and infecting people so I could Dreadlord out and cause havok

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Im like 75% there but fuck
Been working on it the last few days. I should do some invasions first, to bump my ilvl, and it'd make them all go faster. Working on "Securing Draenor" achievement right now. The hardest part is going to be the Tanaan Jungle reps to revered I think, because I haven't done any of Tanaan Jungle at all.

DethBreth

Lord Nagafen Raider
So I made a NE demon hunter, have been running invasions and making nethershards. I started playing my Horde monk and I can't see any of the nethershard vendors?

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Actually class halls are all over the place although a lot are accessible from dalaran via teleports and most classes get a free port or port like ability to jump to their class hall.

The physical locations of the order halls are all over the damn place though. Shamans is in the maelstrom, warlocks is on a burned out husk of a legion world in the twisting nether, warriors is basically valhalla, druids is in the emerald dream.
Priests are in a weird Void God prison, Rogues are in the Dalaran Sewer... but all of them get there from Dalaran don't they (I didn't play any beyond DH/Rogue/Priest/Warlock)?

So I made a NE demon hunter, have been running invasions and making nethershards. I started playing my Horde monk and I can't see any of the nethershard vendors?
You need to do the Broken Shores Scenario first (make sure to hit up the unique vendor BEFORE boarding the ship, it disappears after).

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
How do I get to the Broken isles from the main lands?
Horde or Alliance? When you log in you should get a pop up asking to start the Broken Isles quest... take that to do your thing. Horde you end up eating, getting your weapon fixed, dueling, and something else I think, then next to the guy to get ported to broken isles there is a vendor that sells 3 exclusive toys and a barefoot cosmetic item.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Dalien

Registered Hodor
Been working on it the last few days. I should do some invasions first, to bump my ilvl, and it'd make them all go faster. Working on "Securing Draenor" achievement right now. The hardest part is going to be the Tanaan Jungle reps to revered I think, because I haven't done any of Tanaan Jungle at all.

Get started on the Tanaan reps ASAP because they are time gated. Guessing 7-8 days minimum if you don't buy any rep tokens.

How do I get to the Broken isles from the main lands?

When Legion goes live there will be a quest giver pop by the invasion vendors in SW/Org. The quest will be to take a portal to Dalaran over Deadwind Pass. Don't fly there because taking the portal is required for the quest (in SW Keep for Alliance, unsure for Horde).

edit: sorry if you meant the Broken Shore scenario. ^ What Ao said above

xzi

Mouthbreather
Kind of interesting to me.. when the last boss of an Invasion spawns in Tanaris, the Caverns of Time shut themselves out with a big yellow magic barrier until it's completely over, blocking you from being able to enter or leave.

I wonder if there's some significant reason in Legion or something.

Srathor

Blackwing Lair Raider
You have to complete the quest first. Make sure you finished all of it.

Crone

Get started on the Tanaan reps ASAP because they are time gated. Guessing 7-8 days minimum if you don't buy any rep tokens.
Can you buy these rep tokens? I've seen them before, just never noticed if they could be bought/sold on the AH?

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Actually the "exploit" (I know...) around works like this: you collect the chest in Phase 3 and log out. Do it with another char (or multiple). When you log back after a while, the shard mechanics deals you a fresh Phase 1 and you repeat this.

This appears to have been hotfixed. I did the following:

1) Character 1 got a phase 3 chest,
2) Switched to Character 2
3) Character 2 got a phase 3 chest
4) Switched to Character 1 who then got put in a fresh phase 1
5) Character 1 did not get another chest when phase 3 began

Brikker

Trump's Staff
What was that in reference to anyway?

And yeah buy all the Tanaan rep with medallions of the legion or whatever they're called. Fuck grinding that. I just had to do that + grind out the apexis areas I hadn't done to get my flying, was the first thing I did when I resumed playing. Leveling in WoD is non-AIDS now.

Crone

I wish flying speed was account wide, or is it, and I just haven't read tool tips right? It seems like a massive investment to get each character up to snuff on flying?

Lol... I say massive when people be running around with millions of gold, but to me, it seems pretty huge.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I usually just get the 280,my main has rhe 310 or whatever is the fastest but with wod and not having flying for so long I basically forgot about it