World of Warcraft: Current Year

Malkav

French Madman
Can you buy these rep tokens? I've seen them before, just never noticed if they could be bought/sold on the AH?

Also, be sure to have a lvl3 trade post in your garrison for the bonus to rep gains. It works on the tokens.

Synj

Dystopian Dreamer
<Gold Donor>
I usually just get the 280,my main has rhe 310 or whatever is the fastest but with wod and not having flying for so long I basically forgot about it

Speaking of WOD and not flying; I know I'm LTTP but what the fuck is the point of having to do all that shit for the pathfinder achievement in order to earn the right to fly in WOD? By the point you've completed every thing, what else would you even need to be doing there?

And since we're on the subject; are there any ways for DK to improve runspeed while not mounted? Everytime I go indoors I want to kill myself.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Speaking of WOD and not flying; I know I'm LTTP but what the fuck is the point of having to do all that shit for the pathfinder achievement in order to earn the right to fly in WOD? By the point you've completed every thing, what else would you even need to be doing there?

And since we're on the subject; are there any ways for DK to improve runspeed while not mounted? Everytime I go indoors I want to kill myself.

Since its achievement based, I believe the flying works on all alts afterwards. Come Legion you will still want it , just to go do world quests faster.

As for DKs, pray for "Speed" on items, otherwise SoL. They just removed the passive 15% run-speed DKs had because they reduced the CD of wraithwalk by 15 seconds and felt having a 45 sec(30 with talent) CD along with the 15% passive was "Too much", aka blizzard is retarded.

What was that in reference to anyway?

And yeah buy all the Tanaan rep with medallions of the legion or whatever they're called. Fuck grinding that. I just had to do that + grind out the apexis areas I hadn't done to get my flying, was the first thing I did when I resumed playing. Leveling in WoD is non-AIDS now.

I just never left SW, just spam dungeons. Plus once you hit 91, buy OP crafted weapon and just giggle as everything melts, including dungeons.

Synj

Dystopian Dreamer
<Gold Donor>
Since its achievement based, I believe the flying works on all alts afterwards. Come Legion you will still want it , just to go do world quests faster.

As for DKs, pray for "Speed" on items, otherwise SoL. They just removed the passive 15% run-speed DKs had because they reduced the CD of wraithwalk by 15 seconds and felt having a 45 sec(30 with talent) CD along with the 15% passive was "Too much", aka blizzard is retarded.

Fair enough on the first one, Blizzard DIAF on the second.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Talk about market flood... Got online pretty late of course, but they were at 20k, spent some time figuring out the system, and addon, and a little while later I list the 2 I have, and it's down to 13500... shits going way cheap.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
They also nerfed the gold missions, so garrisons are completely pointless.
They also nerfed follower XP, making it even more painful to setup.

(followers used to get 10% of XP if they were in a mission 3+ levels above them, making a level 100 mission with 10k bonus xp a good quickstart for the early levels. No longer, you need to run 200xp missions with 70% chance of success to get up to around 94 where established followers can help you run missions. Combine with the fact that you no longer log twice a day to rotate your gold missions...)

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Speaking of WOD and not flying; I know I'm LTTP but what the fuck is the point of having to do all that shit for the pathfinder achievement in order to earn the right to fly in WOD? By the point you've completed every thing, what else would you even need to be doing there.
That's exactly the point. You get flying when you no longer need it, as a bonus for your alts who might make a use of it.

Miele

Lord Nagafen Raider
I wish flying speed was account wide, or is it, and I just haven't read tool tips right? It seems like a massive investment to get each character up to snuff on flying?

Lol... I say massive when people be running around with millions of gold, but to me, it seems pretty huge.

It costs a lot indeed, but during WoD when gold fell out of trees, it was ridicolously cheap. I have 7 or 8 characters with the 310, the ones I play less are still 280, but it really doesn't make a huge difference.
Keep in mind that in Legion you gain a lot of gold too, so if it's for a main character, then don't worry and buy it and alts will be able to buy their own one extremely easily if you level them from 100 to 110.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
It costs a lot indeed, but during WoD when gold fell out of trees, it was ridicolously cheap. I have 7 or 8 characters with the 310, the ones I play less are still 280, but it really doesn't make a huge difference.
Keep in mind that in Legion you gain a lot of gold too, so if it's for a main character, then don't worry and buy it and alts will be able to buy their own one extremely easily if you level them from 100 to 110.
I suppose its pretty moot point now. So far tonight, been able to farm up 3 of the toys from Dread Infiltrators, and they all sold on the AH within minutes for 15k each. Maybe the price will hold steady there for a while? That's nothing compared to the 70k, or 100k they were selling for even just earlier in the day, but that's more money than I was making before.

Thanks Booze!

Edit: 2 more... 5 total, 3x 15k, 2x 13.5k.. I've never had so much gold in my life...

Last edited:

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I don't understand why the heirlooms I got during Wrath go up to 90... but any new ones I buy are at 60 until I upgrade them. And you can seemingly only upgrade 1 piece PER darkmoon faire. Well, unless you're doing DF on multiple characters I guess.

Kind of annoying.

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
E
I don't understand why the heirlooms I got during Wrath go up to 90... but any new ones I buy are at 60 until I upgrade them. And you can seemingly only upgrade 1 piece PER darkmoon faire. Well, unless you're doing DF on multiple characters I guess.

Kind of annoying.
What? You can buy heirloom upgrade items for minimal golds (sorta)

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Go to undercity, you can buy most of the heirlooms and all the upgrade tokens.

Its like 1200g or so to upgrade them to 90, 5000 then to level weapons to 100 and maybe 1000 for armor to 100 but I can't remember.

In orgrimar you can buy the helmets, legs, and capes I think. There are some you can buy with honor maybe? Or were.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
If you're using multiple characters on the Darkmoon Faire, keep in mind the prize box can be traded between your characters. So you can stack them all on one and have them open everything.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I also had a bunch of the upgrade tokens in my inventory on my dk and I have absolutely no idea where they came from

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Don't you get a quest chain from the heirloom vendor to collect items from heroics that reward heirloom upgrade items too?

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
That's exactly the point. You get flying when you no longer need it, as a bonus for your alts who might make a use of it.

The reasoning is you have to do it the hard way all the way through once and then after you have basically seen/done everything on foot then you can fly to skip past stuff you have done. It is a bit annoying but I can sort of understand their reasoning. Flying in WOD makes leveling up alts HELLA fast though. Grab the stables for the loot stuff while mounted option and get one of those treasure finder mods and hoover up all of the treasures and bonus XP areas and bang 100.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider

Kind of annoying.

It is a bit annoying but plus side there are a lot of ways to get those without spending cash for upgrades. Pretty much all the holiday that have holiday currency and things like the timewalking weeks currency can all be used to purchase heirloom upgrades.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user