World of Warcraft: Current Year

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Just to be sure I have this understood.

Artifacts:

First Quest - choose for whatever spec you want.

I am guessing the first one you choose should be for your leveling spec. But don't blow any Artifact Juice on it if you don't want it to be your final build. What if the artifact ability is simply too clutch? Example. Like Miele has said, the WW monk artifact power is NUTS. Powerful cone punch ability that has a low cooldown. Ideal for mowing shit down while leveling.

Level 102 - Get the reamaining artifact weapons for your other specs.

These could be for your main spec or whatever.

So, how much Artifact Juice are we sacrificing if we take an extremely useful artifact weapon power? Preach Gaming said this expansion is less about the race to 110 (which I find hard to believe, but whatever).

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>

Artifacts:

I am guessing the first one you choose should be for your leveling spec. But don't blow any Artifact Juice on it if you don't want it to be your final build. What if the artifact ability is simply too clutch? Example. Like Miele has said, the WW monk artifact power is NUTS. Powerful cone punch ability that has a low cooldown. Ideal for mowing shit down while leveling.

So, how much Artifact Juice are we sacrificing if we take an extremely useful artifact weapon power? Preach Gaming said this expansion is less about the race to 110 (which I find hard to believe, but whatever).
I'm only planning on taking the artifact relative spec I'm planning on playing. Rogue - Assassination, DH - DPS, Warlock - still up for debate, Priest - Holy.
I'm not going to bother getting the other artifacts until I've got those all setup, and I think I can level with those specs relatively easily, though holy may suck.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Someone may have mentioned this earlier. But is there really not a tanking set/dps set/etc of gear for each spec now? Its just one set of gear per class?

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Pretty much, they have nerfed it all down to ilvl and want it to be the same, PvP, Raiding, Tanking, DPS, at most you might switch out trinkets. I would say weapons but everyone will be using artifacts.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider

Artifacts:

Actually not exactly correct.

When you get to dalaran you will get an initial quest to open up/create/secure your order hall. Once that is done and you are in your order hall then this is where you get the quest for which artifact you want.

Given the ramp up in costs for higher tier artifact talents it should be pretty easy to keep two artifacts roughly at parity without having to game the system over much.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I intend to heal mainly and tank also. But the WW artifact power, just the first ability. Is really good for leveling efficiently.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Someone may have mentioned this earlier. But is there really not a tanking set/dps set/etc of gear for each spec now? Its just one set of gear per class?

That is correct other than some trinkets with an effect overall gear is gear now. Of course a tank probably has different stat priorities than a DPS does so they may want slightly different types of gear but overall your current set of gear should work effectively for all roles. I noticed a major improvement testing this healing resto mode shaman with pure enhance spec gear. Previously I could not do it at all my mana pool and mana regen were so bad I would gas out in the first couple minutes of a fight.

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I intend to heal mainly and tank also. But the WW artifact power, just the first ability. Is really good for leveling efficiently.

From what I've read, you won't fall behind by any noticeable degree if you spend a bit on your artifact. There is enough crap around the x-pac that you'll be able to lvl all 3 if you want, it just takes some time. I'd say, get that thing for WW and have fun. You won't be far behind at all.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>

This was put out less than a day ago. So I believe its accurate. Cleared a lot of it up for me.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
From what I've read, you won't fall behind by any noticeable degree if you spend a bit on your artifact. There is enough crap around the x-pac that you'll be able to lvl all 3 if you want, it just takes some time. I'd say, get that thing for WW and have fun. You won't be far behind at all.

Yup pretty much this. Basically the higher tier stuff is so damn expensive that for one or two things on one artifact to super max you could instead get your second artifact up to about 80-90% of the power of your main spec. Also as time goes on everything gets cheaper and your artifact power multipliers increase.

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
i think someone said earlier the break point was 14--->15 where as moving an item from 14 to 15 is the same as moving a fresh artifact from 1--->13. once again "this is beta" blah blah blah.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
i think someone said earlier the break point was 14--->15 where as moving an item from 14 to 15 is the same as moving a fresh artifact from 1--->13. once again "this is beta" blah blah blah.
That seems about right from what I was seeing. It will change over time though a bit as the cost of improving the artifact reduces over time and as you progress you get increased AP generation multipliers that ramp up as the expansion continues.

It is designed this way specifically otherwise it would make other specs almost unusable and make alts eye gougingly painful to do.

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
i have a beta account but only leveled a few classes to 102ish but i haven't seen many people talk about the new pvp prestige system.

anyone with more beta pvp experience care to chime in on how long its estimated to go to prestige level 50? I am not a pvp'er but i want to unlock the artifact appearance.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Unfortunately when I was poking around on the beta PVP server prestige was not enabled you just had all the talents unlocked immediately. That and at the time spirit rezers were broken and did not appear and so if anybody looted your body you literally could not rez.

Synj

Dystopian Dreamer
<Gold Donor>
That's exactly the point. You get flying when you no longer need it, as a bonus for your alts who might make a use of it.

I had no idea alts were able to take advantage of flying mount. Makes much more sense now.

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I suppose its pretty moot point now. So far tonight, been able to farm up 3 of the toys from Dread Infiltrators, and they all sold on the AH within minutes for 15k each. Maybe the price will hold steady there for a while? That's nothing compared to the 70k, or 100k they were selling for even just earlier in the day, but that's more money than I was making before.

Thanks Booze!

Edit: 2 more... 5 total, 3x 15k, 2x 13.5k.. I've never had so much gold in my life...

Which toys are you talking about, Crone, and where do they come from? I thought you meant the Felbat Pups that you buy for shards, or whatever. But, those are about 2k on the AH.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Fel corruption spreader. Comes from demonic infiltrator that can "possess" a doomsayer in the cities. You can use things like the demon hunter vision thing to spot which one is actually a demon and if you engage them they can drop that toy.

xzi

Mouthbreather
Demon Hunters can talk to the Doomsayers in the major cities like Org, when they use their spectral sight shit or whatever it's called that lets you see enemies through walls etc, and occasionally while using that when they talk to a Doomsayer it will give them a secondary option instead of just taking a pamphlet. It summons a big ass demon that has a chance to drop a toy. You won't be able to solo it, but just say something in general and a bunch of people will join.