World of Warcraft: Current Year

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Aww man. I was really hoping it was from the invasion. O well. You can easily get an offhand from winning 2 BGs. Which is what I did.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
So here is an example of why I suggest TSM as well as why you guys should snag this toy farm while it's still good. This is only showing the last couple of days sales through the AH it doesn't track the ones I just sold in trade. Right now they are still sitting roughly 10k on our server where they have stabilized.

You can snag 5-6 of these an hour on the low end and 10-15 on the high end. So for those coming back to WoW or are new to the server these are a nice jumpstart on getting some working gold.

Wo_WScrn_Shot_081316_201945.jpg

Wo_WScrn_Shot_081316_201950.jpg

Stave

Potato del Grande
So I have managed to round up about 85k since I returned. Should I buy gametime tokens now, or wait until expansion hits? My fear is if it's like WoD, Everyone will have like 500k by the time they hit 110, and they will cost like 100k each. Or people may come back and want gold and buy a ton to sell, driving the price down. Any suggestions?

Reht

Molten Core Raider
So I have managed to round up about 85k since I returned. Should I buy gametime tokens now, or wait until expansion hits? My fear is if it's like WoD, Everyone will have like 500k by the time they hit 110, and they will cost like 100k each. Or people may come back and want gold and buy a ton to sell, driving the price down. Any suggestions?
I picked up 3 tokens and thought about grinding out some more, but the price on my server has dropped like 3k over the last 2 days, i was expecting the opposite so i am kind of in the same boat.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
This is pure conjecture, but I'd say that around an expansion launch there are fewer players wanting to exchange gold for game time than there are players who want to exchange dollars for gold. That's why the price has dropped, imo.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
WoW Token Info

If you look at the history of the US tokens there aren't many spikes in it. On average the cost of the tokens go up as they should with inflated gold. Right now they are about 37k which isn't a bad price to snag a few at. I recently bought about 6 months worth of tokens on two accounts but at the same time I wouldn't be in a big rush I think it's very unlikely you will see them rise up to 100k or something absurd. It might be possible in legion that they hit 50k or something though. I don't think that would be out of line.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
How do the tokens work in terms of adding game time. Does it just delay your normal subscription, so just remember to pop one before they charge your CC?

Reht

Molten Core Raider
How do the tokens work in terms of adding game time. Does it just delay your normal subscription, so just remember to pop one before they charge your CC?
Was wondering that myself. Does it automatically consume one when you log in if your sub has run out?

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
When you buy a wow token it's an actual token that takes up inventory space. I think there is a limit to how many you can own at any given time, but they are trade-able so you can give one to a friend or guildmate if you like. Typically though once you buy one you right click on it and it will say adding 30 days of game time to your account. Showing the date so lets say your sub runs out on August 13th it will show the added game time starts on the August 13th and extends out until September 12th or whatever. After which yeah if you still have your CC listed it would charge it like normal.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
When you buy a wow token it's an actual token that takes up inventory space. I think there is a limit to how many you can own at any given time, but they are trade-able so you can give one to a friend or guildmate if you like. Typically though once you buy one you right click on it and it will say adding 30 days of game time to your account. Showing the date so lets say your sub runs out on August 13th it will show the added game time starts on the August 13th and extends out until September 12th or whatever. After which yeah if you still have your CC listed it would charge it like normal.
They're tradable? Max you can buy is 36 in a 24 month period. Think of it as a cool down. Every token you buy starts the 24 month CD. Once the CD is up, you can buy another. I'm subbed through April 30, 2018, and I can't buy any more tokens until approx April 2017 (can't remember exactly when I did my first mass purchase).

Another thing to note is it's 36 per Bnet account, so if you do RAF with yourself on the same Bnet you can't buy more tokens if you've already capped the 36. I learned that the hard way :/

Stave

Potato del Grande
So what happens if I quit the game and have 2 tokens in my backpack? Will it automatically use them up? Or if I come back 6 months later, can I use one to resub and still have one more in my inventory?

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
The tokens aren't used automatically when you get them from the AH. You must right click them and go through the accept process to use them and add the game time. I doubt (but can't guarantee) they would be automatically consumed/applied if you let your sub lapse.

I don't know if you are given the option to use them from the character select screen if your sub has lapsed. You can definitely buy a new one on the character select screen using gold from all characters on that realm, but I don't know what happens if you already have a token in your inventory and your sub lapses.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Just healed a Mythic Dungeon with my Druid. My god was it fun, except that I healed a DH. We didn't wipe once....

• 1Like

Crone

Just healed a Mythic Dungeon with my Druid. My god was it fun, except that I healed a DH. We didn't wipe once....
Druids are in a very good spot right now. 4 different specs and all of them are pretty good actually. Have a level 100 Druid, and while I still can't decide what class to play as a "main", it's a tough choice to go with Disc/Shadow Priest, or Resto/Guardian Druid, Resto/Ele shaman, or just say F it, and go full DPS with mage, warlock, or hunter. lol

Druids are neat though... love Travel form compared to having to mount. Ick.

Bain

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Mail your tokens to an alt under level 20(?). This way you can always log onto them even on the trial version of the account to activate a WoW token even if you are only on the trial status from having a lapsed subscription. I was also given the option to use gold - split evenly from all characters on my server - to purchase a token last time I had a lapsed sub which automatically reactivated my account.

Edit: This was a bit ago. Not sure if the latter is still an option, but the first should be due to the "trial account" flag everyone is given when their sub lapses.

• 1Like

Crone

Mail your tokens to an alt under level 20(?). This way you can always log onto them even on the trial version of the account to activate a WoW token even if you are only on the trial status from having a lapsed subscription. I was also given the option to use gold - split evenly from all characters on my server - to purchase a token last time I had a lapsed sub which automatically reactivated my account.

Edit: This was a bit ago. Not sure if the latter is still an option, but the first should be due to the "trial account" flag everyone is given when their sub lapses.
So unless you can actually log into the character to use the token for game time, it won't let you use it? That's stupid as fuck. At least they give you the option to buy another one with gold that's already on the account.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Yes they are. Did a raid with a guardian druid who had 1.3 million HP. They're going to be amazing this expansion.

Heallun

Lord Nagafen Raider
Guardian dru CDs are incredible as well. Got everything. Frenzied regen is also a really great low CD response to burst. Rage generation is massive (I imagine they're going to scale back how fast mangle procs happen and how much rage guardian of the galaxy moonfires give, but who knows) and you can almost have full uptime of ursol or 1-1.5stack of ironfur. Really, really good class atm. Prot warrior also very strong and both feel very good.

Managing stacks of bone armor on blood is some of the most tedious shit and this desperately needs some kind of fun-factor rework goddamn.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I remember tbc guardian druids were insane

Can't remember where they finally landed after the beginning of the expansion though

Dk doesn't feel right at all. Warrior feels perfect