World of Warcraft: Current Year

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I think upgrading them is worth if you intend to level multiple alts in the next week with the invasions.

I only play main + one alt during any given expansion. Any more is just too much. But I might level up another just because its available to do and the invasion frequency will be increasing.

Where do you get bonus EXP rings?
One ring is from winning the fishing tournament, the others (STR, INT, AGI varieties) are from the garrison ship missions.

They're rare missions but you only get them once per account so the likelihood you'll get them all (if you're doing the ship missions on multiple characters) is very high.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
It's kinda hard getting back into things, WoD is my least played expansion ever. I basically hit 100, and quit a few weeks later, and never came back till now.

Probably gonna level both my Monk, and a Demon Hunter. Monk because he's my only character that has all secondary profession maxed, and Demon Hunter because I enjoy the super simplistic rotation. :)

I got my Demon Hunter well geared from the invasion, all armor pieces, all accessories, both weapons, one to rank 5, other still at rank 1. Raised Inscription to 700, need to raise Herbalism now which is kinda slow.

Legion looks like it might be fun unlike WoD, can't wait...might stop till it's out now since I am not sure what's the point right now.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
I think upgrading them is worth if you intend to level multiple alts in the next week with the invasions.

I only play main + one alt during any given expansion. Any more is just too much. But I might level up another just because its available to do and the invasion frequency will be increasing.

Where do you get bonus EXP rings?

The fishing tournament in stranglethorn had one but most people get them from the rewards from high level naval missions. You need to have your ships pretty well decked out but there are rare ones missions that can give the left shark and the heirloom rings and a couple other things.

Azrayne

Irenicus did nothing wrong
Been doing the invasions for 2 or 3 days, had 2 - 3 of everything but the staff, then someone in raid chat mentioned there's no staff... or offhand...

Fucking Blizzard.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Why are herbs suddenly popular? Is there some recipe coming? Have seen multiple players trying to buy them in trade chat.

Also, which race is the better race for a warrior? I figure given the ease to which leveling has become, I would level my last slot as a warrior.

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
How are profs handled in Legion? With crazy alt leveling, I'm gonna have a lot of 1/75 profs (or 1/700) if I do intro WoD quests. Really don't want to go back and level everything.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Tradeskill mats are being bought like crazy as people are maxing out tradeskills before the expansion hits. Even if it isn't necessary really.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Been doing the invasions for 2 or 3 days, had 2 - 3 of everything but the staff, then someone in raid chat mentioned there's no staff... or offhand...

Fucking Blizzard.

They made the item for the staff I am guessing it is a bug that is preventing it from dropping. I expect to see some patch fixes as they add in the next steps each week until launch so don't worry to much yet.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
How are profs handled in Legion? With crazy alt leveling, I'm gonna have a lot of 1/75 profs (or 1/700) if I do intro WoD quests. Really don't want to go back and level everything.
You don't have to. You can start at level 1 skill in gathering and crafting stuff and be able to make legion appropriate stuff and harvest legion nodes. Also unlike WOD harvesting nodes below the level range does not give you fragments any more you always get full resource drops just less of them than you would have at higher skill levels.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Why are herbs suddenly popular? Is there some recipe coming? Have seen multiple players trying to buy them in trade chat.

Also, which race is the better race for a warrior? I figure given the ease to which leveling has become, I would level my last slot as a warrior.

It's WoW, not EQ; no one race is better than others. It's all down to which model(s) you like the best visually. Now, back in Vanilla you could have made a case for races, but these days it's all the same mechanics and racial bonuses don't mean anything.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
They changed and tweaked most of the racial stuff any differences are super minor now. Until WOD humans and their active racial ability made them the no brainer for PVP but with new automatic version of that granted to everybody who does PVP I don't even think the bleeding edge raiders could find enough difference between races to matter enough to bother with.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>

Fucking Blizzard.

I'm starting to wonder if WW Monk is having same issue, or my RNG is just awful. I've gotten every piece of armor 3+ times (some 5/6 times) but not a single weapon. Also gotten the +5 weapon material to drop 3 times during this. Pretty annoying

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Also note that weapons are not the only weirdness. Initially breast plates where simply not dropping for balance druids at all and now they seem to drop but they sometimes wind up with the agility one not the int one. Some things they can hotfix some require an actual patch even fi it is small. I would say hold off a bit worrying until after tuesday and see if there is a fix patch for it.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
It took me FOREVER to get the 1 handed Axes for my WW monk. I do need the caster staff someday for my healing though. So that's fucking annoying. They need to fix that shit.

Zhro

Silver Knight of the Realm
Raised Inscription to 700, need to raise Herbalism now which is kinda slow.

How long did it take to get Inscription maxed out? I was thinking of rolling Inscription/Herbalist on my DH as I thought these would be the easiest of all the professions to level. Also having an alt that can churn out clear mind tomes would be useful.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
How long did it take to get Inscription maxed out? I was thinking of rolling Inscription/Herbalist on my DH as I thought these would be the easiest of all the professions to level. Also having an alt that can churn out clear mind tomes would be useful.

It was pretty quick, I bought all the mats up to level to 600, costed me maybe 3K or so. I herbs in the bank from WoD to level to 650 or so, and bought the rest and it cost me maybe an additional 1 or 2K. Forgot exactly how much, because I miscalculated and bought too many.

It took a few hours at most. They need to make milling stacks easier. That sucked a lot.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
It was pretty quick, I bought all the mats up to level to 600, costed me maybe 3K or so. I herbs in the bank from WoD to level to 650 or so, and bought the rest and it cost me maybe an additional 1 or 2K. Forgot exactly how much, because I miscalculated and bought too many.

It took a few hours at most. They need to make milling stacks easier. That sucked a lot.

I believe if the herb trader guy is up in the garrison you can get mass milling recipes for WOD level herbs. They also have these in legion where once you get the recipe you can just have it auto mill mass numbers or all available like you can with smithing.

Malkav

French Madman
It took me FOREVER to get the 1 handed Axes for my WW monk. I do need the caster staff someday for my healing though. So that's fucking annoying. They need to fix that shit.

From what i've read over at wowhead, it seems it's the INT sword that drops for MW monks.

Currently leveling my monk with the invasions, already went 71 to 86 easy. Heirlooms + monk xp buff is like 100% bonus XP.

Should have a bajillion of chests to open once he gets to 100, crossing my fingers not to miss anything (and still have enough to get the INT sword in MW spec just for the transmog).