World of Warcraft: Current Year

Miele

Lord Nagafen Raider
Invasion scales, heals don't. I just healed a lvl 24 prot warrior on the final demon lord, each tick of Riptide filled him completely making him immortal. He somehow kept agro for all the fight. Success.

I just want WoD to disappear at this point.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Check out this sexy UI. With all the work I've put into my custom UI, I'm still considering scrapping it and going with this.

Towelliee's Tank UI / LUI 1920x1080

View attachment 1084

EDIT: Sorry for the little weeney pic. Couldn't figure out how to enlarge it (life story)
What I really like is the new UI's that have the floating hotkeys. They are not attached to the bottom of the screen. I LOVE that, and ElvUI can do it, but haven't messed with it enough.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I know at one point certain realms (like Ravenholdt and Venture Co) were ideal for outdoor toy/mount farming due to low pop and no CRZ. My google-fu is weak and I can't find any good updated info since 7.0 launched. Anybody else farm the outdoor stuff here? Please feel free to PM if you don't want your leet beta infoz going public!

Dalien

Registered Hodor
Yeah I kinda regret not taking advantage of Venture Co farming back in the day. It definitely has CRZ now.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Shit like this always catches my interest. The one video for EverQuest about mysterious easter eggs was good too!

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

xzi

Mouthbreather
That EQ video was fucking amazing. I'm most definitely interested in any content like this. There's a lot of little things in WoW as well but probably not as much as EQ.

I actually just found this dudes channel today through that EQ video haha. Lot of good top 10s.

Also for #10 when he talks about the Tauren worrying about the dwarves waking the Earth Mother.. I'm still convinced that the "earth mother" is a Titan that lives in Azeroth, which is one of the main reasons Sargeras wants to wipe us out because he's been traveling to planets searching for worlds with titans in them iirc. Wonder if we'll see her in legion.

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
After much much tinkering I finally optimized my UI for the most part. Will probably still need SOME tinkering. But I like how it is shaping up. Took some advice here and dumped traditional UI addons and just used bartender/zperl frames to move them around as I want. Also Sexymap.

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
Shit like this always catches my interest. The one video for EverQuest about mysterious easter eggs was good too!

Have a link to the EQ version?

Also, i'll be doing a Heroic HFC run tonight for last minute gears, its not a carry run so if you want to come along please be able to pull your weight should be starting around 1800 eastern. Kraken#1677 i'm on Thrall so we'll have to cross realm.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Have a link to the EQ version?

Also, i'll be doing a Heroic HFC run tonight for last minute gears, its not a carry run so if you want to come along please be able to pull your weight should be starting around 1800 eastern. Kraken#1677 i'm on Thrall so we'll have to cross realm.
Check the first post of the EverQuest Mysteries thread. Unfortunately there's only a couple videos, but they're done well.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I've been fixing my UI also like every one else.

ElvUI: Damn that's a fantastic UI. Pretty much put everything where I wanted it by default.

Details!: I like it better than Recount if for no other reason that it can use the ElvUI skin and looks integrated with the rest.

Gathermate2 and Auctionator...I think Gatherer and Auctioneer are not yet updated for Legion. So they'll do for now.

DBM: Obviously.

I also installed something called Enemy-Grid. I'm not sure how I feel about it yet. It's pretty handy for dot classes, even nice for tank as I have taunt and interrupt bound to left and right mouse button. So just a click on the grid will cast it, without having to switch target. It's bit annoying the way it populates the grid, and how some tall mobs don't appear on the grid if you can't see their nameplates...so not sure if I'll keep it or not. Definitely interesting though.

Still need a bit of tweaking, but I think I have it mostly how I want it. :)

Roxby

Lord Nagafen Raider
Are Demon hunters any good? I leveled one to 100, seems like their sub par compared to my other melee DPS. Except eye beam seems OP.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Are Demon hunters any good? I leveled one to 100, seems like their sub par compared to my other melee DPS. Except eye beam seems OP.
You shouldn't judge them based on their performance at 100. Right now they only have 2 talents and the artifact weapon unlocks another ability. It'd be like leveling another class to level 20 and deciding whether you'd enjoy it at 100.

• 1Like

Roxby

Lord Nagafen Raider
that's true, they are lacking a lot of abilities. Just wondering if my perception was correct. It's actually nice since most other new classes are OP when blizz releases them. Maybe at 110 they will be gods.

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
I also installed something called Enemy-Grid. I'm not sure how I feel about it yet. It's pretty handy for dot classes, even nice for tank as I have taunt and interrupt bound to left and right mouse button. So just a click on the grid will cast it, without having to switch target. It's bit annoying the way it populates the grid, and how some tall mobs don't appear on the grid if you can't see their nameplates...so not sure if I'll keep it or not. Definitely interesting though.

Still need a bit of tweaking, but I think I have it mostly how I want it. :)

Yea i ended up dropping Enemy grid until they fix some of the bugs in it. i was having problems in HFC saying mobs that i had agro weren't actually agro'd on me. it is a fairly new addon i think it was released late July so there are still some bugs to get worked out, it may be worth using in a version or two.

i use the following

Elvui - beautiful and updated regularly (my only complaint is i cant independently change chat window sizes)
DBM
Raeli's spell announcer (useful for raids to announce when you blow cooldowns or artifact rings, mainly for tanks)
GTFO - annoying noise when you stand in shit, dps need this add on
Handynotes - great for showing rare spawns/treasure spawns, recently was updated for legion. most artifact power items drop from rare spawns in the starting areas with a very short respawn so its very useful to have.

for damage meters i've tried recount/skada and just installed details! last night, i think i prefer recount the best so far, i do like Details! being able to view multiple windows at once, Skada just seems too clunky even though it has a nice section for mitigation/avoidance.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Invasions are still on 4 hour cooldown as of today. Will definitely be hitting 100 on my druid with them shortly. Then I need to make use of it for my first alliance character. Thank got for the Chauffeur.

EDIT:

I tried LUI and ElvUI and SpartanUI... I liked parts of them but hated other pieces of them. Discovered that if you use

Bartender/ZPerl Frames/Sexymap you can get the best of all UIs with a little bit of tinkering. Thanks for reminding me of GTFO and Handynotes will get those as well. Also MissionManager or whaetver its called will likely apply to the Order Hall missions. I recommend keeping that one in.

Or if you have to deal with gayness like me and keep doing shipyard missions in the name of EXP bonus rings.

I really need to go for the trinket in mythics. If anyone is available tonight to do them. Please let me know. I can DPS or heal.

Last edited: