World of Warcraft: Current Year

Rafterman

Molten Core Raider
Good point! I didn't even realize pet type even still mattered as I've been playing mainly Marksmen hunter without the pet. Will try and get her interested because if she's playing, that means I can play more than I already do! Win/win!

If she's not a Hunter fan, Affliction Warlock is extremely simple to play, nearly unkillable, and has a better tank pet for easy farming. It's the best noob spec in the game IMO.

Stave

Potato del Grande
I got my wife to play WoW at BC launch by showing her this video. She liked the Blood Elf with the mana wyrm, so she rolled a Blood Elf Mage and was hooked through WoD.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Do the pets from shards sell for much at all?

I am saving for later. They are worth very little at the moment due to the ease of acquiring them. I believe they will no longer be available once the expansion starts and the invasion is finished. Hold for a few years and suddenly they sell for 5k a piece.

Last edited:

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
Subtlety:
I refused to play sub much when they removed shadow dance paging to the stealth bar; so I didn't get much time on beta. I have played it in a few mythic dungeons on live, now that they reversed their asinine decision on shadow dance paging. I like it, from what little I have seen, and I think it would be my favored rogue spec, with a little practice. From reading the forums, AoE seems like it is slightly better than Assassination, but not as good as Outlaw. The legendary cloak should also make a bit of a difference here.

they fixed that, it pages back now. mostly due to massive complains (that were warranted).

the initial parses of simcraft show that outlaw is pretty far ahead as the highest dps rogue spec (assuming BiS from nighthold which wont even release until early next year).

if you want to play hot nasty dps it looks like fire mage / destro warlock are the way to go at the moment, both are parsing VERY high with bis.

I did my last Heroic HFC last night and got the empty drinking horn from Manny, somehow my dps shot up 10k on a fury warrior, seems like its parsing a bit wrong =p

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Assuming access to BiS items that won't be available for several months seems like quite a stretch. Have people been doing evaluations based on what should be available within the first couple weeks? Undoubtedly by the time those BiS items are available there will have been at least a couple balance patches that change things.

PatrickStar

Trakanon Raider
You only live once right so I figured to main a class this time around that I have never did through an expansion before.

Down to Monk and DK. I know unless I want to farm until my eyes bleed keeping the artifact up for 3 specs is not feasible as a filthy casual anymore. Is it as tough as I am reading it or is it more realistic to expect one main and one off spec?

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
@Crone my wife started as a hunter and loved it.

I had her start during cataclysm and she rolled a BE hunter. She loves animals so she found a pet and kept that thing all the way to 85 and still to this day uses only that pet.

I remember the first night she played i had to convince her to give it a shot. Next thing I know it's 5AM and she's level 30 in Gnomeregan. I ask her when she's planning to go to sleep and she goes "what, is it midnight already?"

I knew she was hooked.

Doesn't play really now, but one day.

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
Assuming access to BiS items that won't be available for several months seems like quite a stretch. Have people been doing evaluations based on what should be available within the first couple weeks? Undoubtedly by the time those BiS items are available there will have been at least a couple balance patches that change things.

the sims for 850 ilevel (which is the best you can get pre-raid) are showing very similar top DPS, fire/destruction at the top with assassination coming in fairly high as well (this was before the recent rupture and exsanguinate changes, outlaw probably replaced it) WW/arms i think were parsing the lowest. caveat this was from memory from a sim i saw about 2 weeks ago.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
So I'm confused on the Outlaw rogue play style... do I really just spam roll the bones until I get true bearing to try and keep bringing down the AR cd? Any other time to keep the other buffs?

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
From what I read, just do 2 buff rolls and keep them.

RtBResults_Aug8Hotfix_SliceDice.jpg

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
I am saving for later. They are worth very little at the moment due to the ease of acquiring them. I believe they will no longer be available once the expansion stops and the invasion is finished. Hold for a few years and suddenly they sell for 5k a piece.

Probably not you can apparently get the same pet from order hall stuff down the line. If you want to sell them probably doo it sooner than later. Or hold them till after legion so nobody goes back and does the order hall crap and wants them.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Hunter is great choice. Point out she can go collect pets, and can heal her pet and feed it and such. She helps beat up the monsters and the pet protects her and will never yell at her. Just make sure she gets to know the main buttons and how to turn off taunt. Set her up with the tank spec pet and she should have a blast.

Beast mastery spec is a really good option. No punishment at all for being fidgety and moving around total mobility from long range on all abilities. You have a pet to guard you and good options to dropping agro/running the hell away. Also if she wants more to do she can pick talents like chimera shot that take up some of the spaces in the rotation or just go dire beasts and have a nice paced but pretty methodical play style and not frantic button pushing.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
You only live once right so I figured to main a class this time around that I have never did through an expansion before.

Down to Monk and DK. I know unless I want to farm until my eyes bleed keeping the artifact up for 3 specs is not feasible as a filthy casual anymore. Is it as tough as I am reading it or is it more realistic to expect one main and one off spec?

Yes if you play at all keeping a main and off sec basically at the same level should be pretty easy. Down the line as the expansion goes you can probably add the third one as well because at some point you will be getting such stupidly high artifact points for the world quests one batch of them will fill most of a weapon.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
So what do I need to know about invasions? I just did the Azshara one and basically all I did on my 91 warlock was run around during phase 1, kill the bosses in phase 2 and then fly from boss to boss in phase 3 but I heard people talking about maximizing exp and all that crap. Is there a better way to get the most bang for your buck?

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
If you got any alts you wanna lvl. Stack on heirlooms and tag every mob possible. During phase 3 follow the flying Golden Hoard from boss mob to boss mob for phat exps.

Don't die.

Repeat on all characters you want to lvl.

Poopsock.

Repeat.

??????

Profit.

They changed the rules surrounding invasions a lot during the time they've been around. But that's the gist of it.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
It definitely picks up once you get flight. But I'll have made a 100 druid, 100 alliance paladin, 100 Horde Panda Rogue and a something Mage by the time this is over.