World of Warcraft: Current Year

Khane

Got something right about marriage
So I have no idea how these artifacts work. Anyone got a good TL;DR link?

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Step 1: Complete a quest at level 100 to get your Artifact for the spec you want to level with.
Step 2: Get items throughout legion that are consumeable, and give "artifact power" to your currently equipped artifact. AP is a pool of points in your Artifact that you'll spend to buy things for that weapon later.
Step 3: Go to your class order hall and there will be a forge/table that you right click, this pops up an old-style talent tree for your artifact. Spend your Artifact Power you've put into your Artifact to buy "talents." Just like old Talent trees, you have to follow the lines between talents, and have to max out one talent before it unlocks the one further down its tree.
Step 4: Get to 102. Get quests to go get your other specs artifacts.
Step 5: Get to 110.
Step 6: Go to your class order hall and do the quests there to unlock Artifact Knowledge work orders. Do these orders every time they're available, and they'll give you a percentage increase in Artifact Power income.
Step 7: Grind Artifact Power like it's EverQuest AA and finish out your talent tree 20-40 weeks from now.

Artifact Power costs ramp up enough that you can generally keep a secondary artifact at 1/2-3/4 the level of your primary artifact without really falling behind the person pouring ALL ZA AP into one artifact.

Additionally, artifacts have their own Item Slots called "Runes." Each Rune increases the ilvl of your artifact, and gives +1 Rank to one of your Artifact's talent nodes. You unlock your third Rune Slot by finishing all your order hall quests, so make sure you're always completing order hall exclamation marks. There are no weapon drops in the expansion's raids, instead you're hunting for rune drops to augment your artifact weapon.

Each artifact is a single weapon, for the purpose of AP and runes, even if they appear to be 2 Weapons. The runes/talents selected in your main artifact screen influence the item level of both "hands." Basically, dual-wielders don't have to do anymore work/consume any more loot than 2hander-wielders this expansion.

Last edited:

Khane

I'm assuming step 7 is dictated by their bullshit daily/weekly model?

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Kinda at a crossroads here. I got two tanks and I'm having a hard time choosing between them. It's a toss up between my guardian druid or my prot warrior. Before the usual play what is fun (which both are fun to me) here is what I plan on doing. I'm by no means a min/maxing mythic raider. It's mainly LFR, normal and an occasional heroic raiding. But I do plan on doing mythic dungeons and soloing old world raids for Xmog and mounts. I like the fury warrior dps spec but the druid has more roles they can play and I think they may be better at soloing older content too. So which one shall it be?

Khane

Kinda at a crossroads here. I got two tanks and I'm having a hard time choosing between them. It's a toss up between my guardian druid or my prot warrior. Before the usual play what is fun (which both are fun to me) here is what I plan on doing. I'm by no means a min/maxing mythic raider. It's mainly LFR, normal and an occasional heroic raiding. But I do plan on doing mythic dungeons and soloing old world raids for Xmog and mounts. I like the fury warrior dps spec but the druid has more roles they can play and I think they may be better at soloing older content too. So which one shall it be?

I have this same problem. I've always enjoyed the warrior DPS specs more than druid DPS specs but I do like to play Resto on my druid as well and also like PvP and Resto druids are always high up the food chain, if not on top, in PvP healing.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
RE Khane: You can get a functionally unlimited amount of AP per week from overland drops/dungeon grinding. It's just vastly less efficient than doing your set daily/weekly lockouts. Like, "your time is vastly better spent working on alts" less efficient.

RE Nola: I'd probably level/work on the Druid first, if only to get the Artifact Knowledge stuff rolling as early as possible :) Gonna take a long time to max out four artifacts! And they've said they want to find a way to let druids keep their new bear/cat skins from the artifact moving forward, so they definitely seem like they'll be worth completing.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Hopefully I'll make bank on the fel spreaders in the future

I think I have killed 10-15 infiltrators and not 1 toy. I ended up just buying it for 4k. I would love to have a few to sell X months or years down the road, but can't get them to drop at all.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
This decision seems easy? You like the Warrior tanking + fury spec, but you are drawn to Druid for min/maxing reasons, which you said you don't want or need to do anyway. Play the Warrior, or play more of the Druid to get a feel for it so you know for sure.

Crone

I think I have killed 10-15 infiltrators and not 1 toy. I ended up just buying it for 4k. I would love to have a few to sell X months or years down the road, but can't get them to drop at all.
Using the pre-made group method, you can get 10-15 Dread Infiltrators an hour easily. Put some more time in and you'll get them!

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I've joined those pre-made groups. And you don't see 1 pop for hours. So this 10-15 per hour? Yeah..

Crone

I've joined those pre-made groups. And you don't see 1 pop for hours. So this 10-15 per hour? Yeah..
You don't join the scrub groups that are farming them manually. You'll get maybe 1 an hour doing it that way. No, you wait for the pre-made groups to pop that have a Dread already up and just need people to kill it. Join, and quickly fly with the Horde of people. Typically the group title will say where it's at. Kill it, loot, leave and wait for next one to pop up.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Someone explain to me the single item crafting ingredient spam for pages on the Auction House. I figured there was something stupid to it, but never bothered to find out. I use TSM so it eliminates that easily, but I occasionally check out the original lists for other reasons. Of course I have to cycle through pages and pages of single items instead of stacks for sale before I get to anything of substance.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You don't join the scrub groups that are farming them manually. You'll get maybe 1 an hour doing it that way. No, you wait for the pre-made groups to pop that have a Dread already up and just need people to kill it. Join, and quickly fly with the Horde of people. Typically the group title will say where it's at. Kill it, loot, leave and wait for next one to pop up.

You use a addon?

I tried that method earlier today. Refreshing the custom group page over and over. I saw 2 or 3 in maybe 2 hours where they were advertising one already up or about to be spawned. My best way so far is to watch /2 chat and when someone announces I ask for a invite.

Crone

Ok I might as well try and post this here while the getting is still kind of good.

Snag the addon (Premade Group Finder) set it up to look for the words Infiltrator, Pocket, Speader, Toy, Doomsayer, Dread, Fel
Then sit in Org while groups pop up for the Dread Infiltrator kill it, loot it, leave group repeat.

So far today I have made about 200k from these shitty little toys but they are dropping in price pretty quickly. Even so they are still selling for about 40k currently on Hyjal. Earlier today they were about 70k
Quoting for Cinge.

Here you go bro. Of course this was when they first came out.

Crone

Someone explain to me the single item crafting ingredient spam for pages on the Auction House. I figured there was something stupid to it, but never bothered to find out. I use TSM so it eliminates that easily, but I occasionally check out the original lists for other reasons. Of course I have to cycle through pages and pages of single items instead of stacks for sale before I get to anything of substance.
That's the default way to list things in TSM. Since they use TSM, they don't care, but yeah. TSM does that.

Vimeseh

Trakanon Raider
So I'm pretty much stuck between rogue and enhance shammy for starting legion. Rogue brings better dps. Shammy brings top quarter dps, lust, and movement totem. Anybody that can sell me on one or the other?