World of Warcraft: Current Year

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
No spoilers but holy cow... for lore nerds this is a major return to form for Blizzard. Very clear what the next major expansion will be judging from some of the big plot elements. I say 'major' because the Legion invasion was heavily foreshadowed in Mists of Pandaria and yet WoD is what we ended up getting as a glorified side-story. We may end up getting some other side story before the big one.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Khane

Got something right about marriage
The leveling experience in this expansion has been very good, but honestly WoD was the only expansion that I could not wait to get my first characters trip through to max level over with. They usually do a great job with that part of the game.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Tonight I was able to complete the Val'shara dungeon to officially complete the zone. Thanked it as a Demon Hunter, dungeon was trivial, boss were all easy. Got only 1 piece of loot...not sure if it was like that for dungeons in WoD but it feels weird to have personal loot in a dungeon, and not getting anything most of the time.

Difficulty aside, the dungeon visual were very bland, very boring. It was kind of interesting design though with the ability to skip a lot of trash packs with some shortcuts in a few places. Overall, a bit disappointing, not gonna end up memorable...probably one of the least impressive dungeon that I remember.

I started Azuna for my second zone since I had inscription quest there. I like the visuals more than Val'shara but prefer the storyline in Val'Shara so far, think I'm about halfway into Azuna. The questing is pretty solid again, and fun.

Made it to 104. Last day of work Tomorow, have Friday and Monday off so 4 days weekend pretty much dedicated to playing this. Can't wait. :)

Khane

EDIT: Nevermind what I originally said was completely wrong. With personal loot each person has a chance at drops individually, so if a boss drops something like a mount each person individually has a separate chance to get that drop.

I'm not really sure how the bosses class specific drops work. I think everyone still has a separate chance to get something for their loot spec so sometimes you'll see a boss drop 3 things in a dungeon and sometimes you'll only see one drop (one drop is guaranteed for the group).

Raid bosses I have no idea.

Actually just disregard everything I'm saying.

Last edited:

xzi

Mouthbreather
found the best/worst cape model in the game I think

GLSH2aj.jpg

Khane

So Blizz just updated that they are indeed getting DDoS attacks and now I can't even enter my password to try to login. I enter it, hit login and it just deleted my password from the pw field and does nothing

xzi

Mouthbreather
Yeah, I'm just taking a break for now and playing battlefield. Maybe I'll get up and play nice and early. Servers are 100% stable in mornings :')

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Hmmm I had noticed that when I got artifacts that they were locked to the spec I was in when I got them rather than being able to be socketed to a different weapon. I thought the AP items I got when adventuring had a similar note on them.

I stand corrected then.
And you can switch spec before turning in the quest if you don't care about the relic (because you have a better ilvl one, or one with a better trait bonus).

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
I think I might run out of quests before hitting 110. I'm in the last zone I have and have 4 of the 7 main lines done and am not quite 109 yet.
Happened to the speed leveler in my guild. You need to do some of the side quests, prof quests, and bonus objectives.

Plus, this weekend, you can add some Darkmoon Faire quests (did anyone pick like 5 darkmoon artifact in their first dungeon?)

I'm 5% to 107 and just started third zone (Stormheim), but have done some side quests, done every bonus visible on the map, have unlocked rank 2 herba in both previous zones (for potential blood of sargeras), am on tailor stuff for stormheim.

Malkav

French Madman
And you can switch spec before turning in the quest if you don't care about the relic (because you have a better ilvl one, or one with a better trait bonus).

That's what I did.

Only issue is that when you do it you don't see which bonus trait is given in the quest UI if you change your loot spec.

Narac01

Trakanon Raider
The part of the DH campaign I'm in suck donkey balls.

The quest objective is "Do these 6 order hall missions". Of course, each one is like 8 hours, and they only appear once after the other.

That's basically time gating.

DKs just have to do 5 and I just managed to do two at the same time both over 100%

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
That's what I did.

Only issue is that when you do it you don't see which bonus trait is given in the quest UI if you change your loot spec.
Oh, I switch specs, not just loot spec. That way, you see what equipment the quest gives you in that spec.

Malkav

French Madman
Oh, I switch specs, not just loot spec. That way, you see what equipment the quest gives you in that spec.

Tried it this way one time too, still gave me tooltips saying "+1 to one Artifact Trait". Maybe an issue with ElvUi then.

Khane

Happened to the speed leveler in my guild. You need to do some of the side quests, prof quests, and bonus objectives.

Plus, this weekend, you can add some Darkmoon Faire quests (did anyone pick like 5 darkmoon artifact in their first dungeon?)

I'm 5% to 107 and just started third zone (Stormheim), but have done some side quests, done every bonus visible on the map, have unlocked rank 2 herba in both previous zones (for potential blood of sargeras), am on tailor stuff for stormheim.

I did every single quest in Aszuna, Stormheim and V'S and most bonus objectives and did as much of my druid campaign quests and alchemy and herbalism quests as I found. I ended up hitting 110 with plenty of quests to spare in Highmountain, I was just getting worried when I had already done 4 of the 7 quest lines needed for the achieve and wasn't even 109 yet.

Highmountain is definitely the best zone when it comes to questing and bonus objective exp. The bonus objectives there are way faster for whatever reason.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Tonight I was able to complete the Val'shara dungeon to officially complete the zone. Thanked it as a Demon Hunter, dungeon was trivial, boss were all easy. Got only 1 piece of loot...not sure if it was like that for dungeons in WoD but it feels weird to have personal loot in a dungeon, and not getting anything most of the time.

Difficulty aside, the dungeon visual were very bland, very boring. It was kind of interesting design though with the ability to skip a lot of trash packs with some shortcuts in a few places. Overall, a bit disappointing, not gonna end up memorable...probably one of the least impressive dungeon that I remember.

I started Azuna for my second zone since I had inscription quest there. I like the visuals more than Val'shara but prefer the storyline in Val'Shara so far, think I'm about halfway into Azuna. The questing is pretty solid again, and fun.

Made it to 104. Last day of work Tomorow, have Friday and Monday off so 4 days weekend pretty much dedicated to playing this. Can't wait. :)

I would agree on the thicket it is normal dungeon mode though so the fights generally are going to be pretty easy and straight forward but the thicket is pretty much what it sounds like a nightmare corrupted thicket. Not a ton to see in there and as mentioned a bit bland. That said val'shara was a really good experience and very druidy so felt pretty great doing it with my druid to start with.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider

I think they must be skipping the bonus objective stuff I am like 103 and just left val'shara. I am pretty sure at this clip I will hit max level with a zone left to go or so.