World of Warcraft: Current Year

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
In general should I wait to do dungeons until I get the quest for that dungeon?
That is pretty much what I have been doing because frankly normal mode dungeons are mostly for lore and a few random artifact power drops and some loot you will grow out of soon enough.

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Do dungeons give faction? If so gonna preempt flying achieves and get shit to revered along with exploring/loremaster before raids open

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
I did not check if they gave faction. I think the level up dungeons though are mostly to get a feel for the layout when they are easy and to "finish off a zone". I think they are trying to avoid people just chain queuing for dungeons to level to 110 like what happened in some previous expansions.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Can we can only do the first part of the pathfinder quest at the moment until the first raid opens up?

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I'm somewhat conflicted by the leveling and zone experience so far. I want to say overall it's been just excellent, the design and quest mechanics are really finely tuned, there's only one quest that has truly pissed me off and it's the herding cats one so I'm guessing that's kind of the point. The not giving you breadcrumbs everywhere is amazing and it really is that simple to add a little exploration back into the mix.

That said, without spoilers the story is just getting odd. It's like a successful writer that doesn't like editors so stuff just happens and even though you generally like the setting and characters as it goes on you have to wonder what the hell they're thinking.

Also glad we have green and red corruption to add to the dated purple corruption.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
The only quest that mildly irritated me was one in Stoneheim where you had to kill some Vyrkul down by a lake and find some guys clue. I had to kill like 40 Vyrkul for 8 drops, but they were spread out so far from eachother that it was really retardedly slow. The drop rate made me pissed.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
That's the undead ones, right? In the mist? That whole area is cool as fuck, but its INFESTED with the bone hounds so you have to run around looking for the few actual quest kills.

That was pretty annoying.

Stormheim is cool overall, though. The grappling gun and steep terrain makes it a fun adventure.

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The only quest that pissed me off so far was in Stormheim where you have to mimic the birds. They kept doing one thing that I didn't have an action for :(

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
That's the undead ones, right? In the mist? That whole area is cool as fuck, but its INFESTED with the bone hounds so you have to run around looking for the few actual quest kills.

That was pretty annoying.

Stormheim is cool overall, though. The grappling gun and steep terrain makes it a fun adventure.
Yeah that one. It was only mildly irritating. It felt like an old school quest with how long it took.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
The bird dance shit is bugged for me. The birds just fucking stand there and do nothing. I had to log out to get out of it.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
The only quest that pissed me off so far was in Stormheim where you have to mimic the birds. They kept doing one thing that I didn't have an action for :(

lol yep did this last night - failed 3 times because the double hand waves i wasnt grasping

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
You find some random owlbird to do a few quests. He's near the Forsaken Stronghold.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
I'm at 107 and have done Highmountain and Azsuna to near completion including the capstone dungeon. I figure I will be 110 before I actually get to the 4th 'leveling' zone, but I readily admit that I have been stopping to smell all the roses plus doing the class hall campaign elements etc.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I've been doing a ton of other shit and not focusing on leveling too hard as we have a lot of time to get ready. But I'll be finishing up my side projects this week and will likely be 110 on the monk this weekend.