World of Warcraft: Current Year

xzi

Mouthbreather
So, I got an enchanting quest to go do Scholo & Stonecore (along with a heroic nelth lair). I think that's pretty cool, sending me to old content to collect what I need for it. I do like how they're not completely forgetting about older expansions, etc. Even if it's just a few prof quests.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
tu0HF9B.png

• 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

Aamry

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'm 110 and haven't done my other artifact weapon quests yet. I guess I should get on that. I'm currently bottle-necked at Supply 100 food items, Nomi is a shitty chef, and I don't feel like fishing up 100 highmountain salmon.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Haven't done archaeology since MoP. Got a quest for it though so figured, hell why not.

Scaling makes this absolutely balls terrible.

In other news, dunno if I should server and faction change my 100 protection warr or finish leveling my 78 protection pally for a first alt. Decisions...

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Halls of Valor was the only mythic we did where it actually felt "mythic," and that was pretty much only Odin's fight. Mythic 0 definitely just feels like heroic for slightly higher ilvl.

But that may in large part be due to running it with low-mobility classes and having to restart Odin a half dozen times due to "just slightly too slow in getting out of massive-template one-shot effects"

Darkheart Thicket was the only Mythic 0 where the added boss mechanics were really noticeable. Although it was pretty amusing on the last boss of Blackrook to realize that the "RP" was delaying the survivability buff long enough for the tank to get one-shot by the demon at the start of phase 2 if he wasn't popping defensive cooldowns/running away immediatly.

That's funny I thought Thicket was easy. And if you think its the only one where mechanics were noticeable you haven't done Vault of the Wardens, or maybe you just never did it on normal/heroic so missed the first mechanics. The last boss the mechanics are noticeable. Heroic was easy and Mythic was much more noticeable.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
For any company that is in or is thinking of entering the persistent world MMORPG product space there should be a mandatory role within that company with the job title : "Exective Vice President of Never Using Groundspawns". No matter how smart you think YOU might be compared to all those other guys before or that other engineering team with their crude implementation of phasing or tagging or whatever it will invariably get fucked up. Either the tech will bug out or some 3rd level summer intern will be charged with doing spawn pops or whatever, but it will not work right.

Now that more people are hitting 110 and doing World Quests we have the world quest areas starting to get crowded and rapidly filling with people who are all trying to click the one item. It might be one item or it might be 17 copies of that one item, but each of the 17 has someone standing next to it waiting for it to spawn so that they and only they can click it. No idea why the phasing hasn't kicked in when it picks up that tons of people are standing in a given small area and that the duration of the persistent world objects is something like 0.3 seconds mean over a span of several hours... but it happens and its fucking annoying.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I only have 5 of the 11 main story quests done in Suramar but I can't seem to find any new quest lines. Are they time/rep gated or am I just missing something?

Nola

Trakanon Raider
I started leveling my warrior in order to decide whether I'm going guardian or prot for tanking. Some bigwigs/devs at Blizz must really love the warrior class. There are in a league of their own expansion. Ignore Pain has to be the most powerful ability in WoW imo. I was able to get it high enough to mitigate over 1.2 million damage while fighting an elite quest. Your're literally unkillable as a prot if you manage it properly. I was doing a dungeon run at level 102 and I had a resto druid healing me. After the first few minutes of clearing trash he send me a tell asking what is that Ignore Pain buff. He said your literally taking no damage and all I'm casting on you is Lifebloom and and a occasional revuy. Granted all this is at lower levels and so it may broken at that level. But it may balance out in higher levels going into heroics/mythic dungeons and raids.

I also started leveling in arms. Please don't sleep on arms, with the right talents you literally have zero downtime killing quest mobs. I can kill mobs in 4 to 5 hits and go to the next one. Victory rush and second wind keeps my health up constantly so I can kill one mob, go to the nest get my HP back to full or close to it and rinse and repeat. Right now I only go prot for dungeons and elite mobs.

So yeah I'm loving the warrior class. Blizzz did one hell of a job with them.

ability_warrior_renewedvigor.jpg

Dalien

Registered Hodor
Side Story Lines tab like halfway down the page to side story lines and it has a tab for each chapter.

Statecraft and A Growing Crisis are gated behind rep, A Change of Seasons is not in the game yet and presumably in 7.1.

Breaking the Lightbreaker, Tidying Tellanor, Jandvik's Jarl are all side quests you can do whenever.

Also when you do the daily crackhead training scenario you should be picking up all of the chests that require 5 or 10 withered to get. They are one time permanent upgrades to your little army and once you have them all they rip through that place. Get your leylines unlocked and your ancient mana cap maxed and take as many of them as you can every day.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
That's funny I thought Thicket was easy. And if you think its the only one where mechanics were noticeable you haven't done Vault of the Wardens, or maybe you just never did it on normal/heroic so missed the first mechanics. The last boss the mechanics are noticeable. Heroic was easy and Mythic was much more noticeable.
Thicket was very easy, when I said noticeable I didn't mean increasing difficulty, I meant "Oh, there's something new happening," many fights had increases in damage of abilities/speed of movement, but otherwise felt mostly the same. The flower adds on the tree boss in Dark Thicket didn't add much challenge, but they were noticeable new things, asking the group to kill the tangles so they don't spawn more adds :)

I guess Cordana would have been more difficult if we hadn't noticed right away that Creeping Shadows glaive-toss shows you where the line-break for the marching spirits will be when she casts it, making it easy for the group to avoid the damage even without having the light of elune showing the line. Few hairy moments when she'd cast one line of figures where the break would be at the end of the platform, then cast another line starting on that edge of the platform.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The thing with Cordana is its very easy when your fkin DPS just realize that its all mechics, you can lose a coupe 10k DPS and clean up the shit. We were getting overwhelmed with green crap at the end., Plus I think we went in there at around 820ish, 1 boomkin, 1 Spriest that doesn't run StM, 1 Ret, me the resto druid (who I think at the time was below 820?) and the paper tank. I swear depending on group comp and gear some fights are a joke while some require so much more.

BTW, fire mages are still broken...

Azrayne

Irenicus did nothing wrong
I'm kinda hoping they do fiddle with fire a bit, and I am a fire mage. I loved the spec when I was levelling and running around with blastwave/meteor/incanters flow, but I'm not such a huge fan of the group talent setup. I'd happily take a reasonable DPS loss if they made the spec more consistent and and less focused around stacking all your cooldowns into the 10 second window rune of power crit chain which glues you to a single location. Just feels a bit too clunky/reactive/streaky, even for a fire mage (although it also brings back memories of the old AP/fire mage from back in vanilla, although that was more of a pvp spec).

Also not a fan of the way they're handling talents - it'd be really nice if we could swap talent setups within a spec without having to use those stupid tomes and redo keybinds. At the moment I'm finding it easier to just swap to frost for outdoor stuff.

That said, I'm still loving the xpac. At this point in WOD I was bored to tears farming heroics, but right now I'm completely spoiled for choices when it comes to shit to do. Some of the Suramar stuff and the big quest chains almost make me feel like I'm playing a single player RPG (in a good way). I'm sure I'll run through it all eventually, but this one was definitely worth the price of entry. And of course 7.1 looks like it's going to be a kickass patch.

It's really obvious that Blizz went all out this time around. Even the small stuff like the appearance of the dungeon gear is miles ahead of WOD/MOP.

Last edited:

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Any sign of the Class Hall companion app this morning? I just checked the Android app store on Google Play and did not see anything, but the search function on there sometimes leaves a lot to be desired.

Perhaps Blizzard will make an announcement after the weekly maintenance?

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
BTW, saving Suramar quests until I got my first artifact research done seems to have paid off. For those that are more casual and don't need to keep up with AP, I might suggest waiting until you have a couple artifact research cycles until you start knocking out Suramar. While it's pointless to hoard AP items until you research as it is not retroactive, almost every quest in Suramar gives a butload of AP.

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
My father enjoyed leveling in WoD but, ultimately, grew bored at endgame because he doesn't care for raiding. He liked some 5-man content, and also spent a fair amount of time roaming around collecting random stuff. His preference is hard solo content. What does Legion offer a player like him?

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Not that much. Unless you artificially want to try the group world quests solo, nothing else would be challenging. The 5 mans are pretty decent this time around. Karazhan is supposed to be difficult and the mythics scale up pretty well from what I understand. So there is 5 man content and you can get your gear pretty high all on your own. The Artifact stuff can all be done solo or in 5 mans.