World of Warcraft: Current Year

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
I'm finding as a fire mage that ilvl means very little for the class, the concept of stacking crit over anything else exponentially increases my DPS. Having to put away 850 gear for 830 gear with crit, kind of blows my mind.

Very true and 48% crit and ilevel 840 vs 51% crit ilevel 331 is something you feel. I think once you get to 850+ mastery will be more and more due to how much damage results from ignite and its effects with the artifact weapon.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I think it can be a random WQ drop as well. After i hit pvp level 27 i started getting pvp WQ that reward 840+ gear (and it looks like the tier set from Nighthold for transmog purposes).

Has anyone prestiged yet in the pvp system? im curious if going through the talents a second time increases their cost for example is talent level 1 the same cost as prestige 1 talent 1? i am aware they are changing how this works in 7.1, just trying to unlock the skins so i never have to pvp again.
I haven't prestiged yet, but it appears to be a straight reset with no additional requirements to prestige again.

1-10 is 750 xp per level and every 10 levels increase by 125 xp so 40-50 is 1250 per level - regardless of your prestige level.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Good fucking lord at the price gouging on raiding consumables.

DPS pots at 800g. Flasks at 1600. Weak food at 80g each. (I don't recall what the good food was). Rune buffs on some kind of rollercoaster between 400-1000g.

Average progression is about 30 wipes a night. That's ~50k gold.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
pretty good for filling up mana to do withered training as well I have gotten up to 200 ancient mana or so from one bag.
Yes; I ditched my harvester boon for tailoring, and am a lot more happy with that one. First time I went up from 0 after withering startup to 1200 mana before the leyline buff expired.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You'd think with Blizzards mountain of gazillion dollars they could come up with a fucking DDoS protection system. Just make us type in a captcha or something when shit like this happens, I don't care.

Your lack of networking knowledge shows.

• 1Solidarity

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
Mastery won't be weighted as high as crit for Fire Mage but it'll be almost as important. Patchwerk fights are the exception. Of the 35 raid bosses we're going to get this expansion, 33 of them will require some sort of multi target/ae ability. Ignite damage is important here.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
That's why I'm trying to rush my alchemist asap. Food is ok (if only Nomi would give me the 350 stat recipe...). Runes are going to be mostly ignored for the first few weeks while we do lock the normal mode farm and used when we move to heroic; that leaves me time to level the monk (which is a scribe. I mean, if you want a medieval scribe, it's a monk, right? What, not that kind of monk... you sure?)

Khane

Got something right about marriage

DPS pots at 800g. Flasks at 1600. Weak food at 80g each. (I don't recall what the good food was). Rune buffs on some kind of rollercoaster between 400-1000g.

Average progression is about 30 wipes a night. That's ~50k gold.

Do food buffs still drop on death? If yes that kind of defeats the purpose of crispy bacon.

• 1Like

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Fuck I wasn't even counting pre-potting with that 50k.

Hrm.. need to run a simC to see how powerful those pots are.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Last edited:

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I have farmed over 300 starlight rose and have yet to get the rank 3 quest meh. That's 300 even with all the nodes I farmed that gave me the dust instead of an actual starlight rose.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
So, beyond the shit talking from random healers in mythic dungeons, I do feel like my Outlaw DPS is lacking. I've read through IcyVeins, I'm trying Ovale, and I'm still having problems with it. Do I really just fish for 2+ buffs (even if one of them isn't great?), or am I looking for something else?

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
yep, food buffs drop on death.

the auction house is stupid at the moment; i had someone bitch at me yesterday because i was "ruining the economy" and that "youre whats wrong with this game!" for undercutting him by 100g. Mats are going for stupid amounts, chaos crystals are 1200 a pop (most high end enchants take 12-15). money is not an issue currently if you farmed any in WoD but im ready for things to normalize. after 7.1 (november) everything is going to be dirt cheap since you can trade blood of sargeras for 20 stacks of mats (starlight rose comes in stacks of 5 or 10).

Malkav

French Madman
100 gold is nothing.

But fuck I despise people undercutting by thousand.

Last few days, we were a few selling the engineering fel relic for around 15k each (how people spend 15k for a 805 relic, I don't know, they are retarted?). Until someone came up and started posting them for like 9k like 4 at a time. Dude, it's selling at 15k, and rather quickly (one day top), why the hell would you post them at 9k?

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
100 gold is nothing.

But fuck I despise people undercutting by thousand.

Last few days, we were a few selling the engineering fel relic for around 15k each (how people spend 15k for a 805 relic, I don't know, they are retarted?). Until someone came up and started posting them for like 9k like 4 at a time. Dude, it's selling at 15k, and rather quickly (one day top), why the hell would you post them at 9k?
To disrupt the retarded market and normalize it.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
So, beyond the shit talking from random healers in mythic dungeons, I do feel like my Outlaw DPS is lacking. I've read through IcyVeins, I'm trying Ovale, and I'm still having problems with it. Do I really just fish for 2+ buffs (even if one of them isn't great?), or am I looking for something else?

If you can get 2 before engage thats good, i usually mark/death on inc and RtB before i ghost strike out of stealth - During dreadblades i may waste a couple potential finishers on RtB trying to get true bearing or something - it really depends - outside mythic bosses only last 20 seconds or so - so it depends how badly you really want that buff lol - However outlaw with a good roll is retarded and their artifact special alone is stupid and totally unbalanced compared to sin.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Anything I can make with LW is currently worth less than the mats.

Ao, you don't bother fishing for 2+ on trash or even most heroic bosses. You won't have the buff uptime to make it matter and RNG could just screw you. It's mainly a raid thing.

I do give it a few shots at the opening of a boss before I blow cooldowns.