World of Warcraft: Current Year

Malkav

French Madman
Anyone know if the legendary luck algorithm is in game, or just something that's coming?

Yes, it was even broken and they hotfixed it (it gave you more chances to get another legendary after getting your first one).

Dalien

Registered Hodor
Update on the Withered Spellseer in the training scenario, did a full clear this time with him alive at the end and went around looking for chests. The hidden 5 bloods, +25% HP and +25% damage chests were all missing, but the Starcaller and 1000 AP chests were hidden and I could see them.

The map I posted (below) was from Beta and I think the Seer is not bugged they just removed those first 3 hidden chests. They're overkill anyways.
dpgdtz2-jpg.47200.jpg

Even without those chests those dudes just tear the place apart once you have the 25% damage and efficient attack upgrades. Leywalker Dro tried to "Surprise Motherfucker!" me today and I just berserked my dudes and they ripped him to shreds in about 5 seconds.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
had a good withered training today. Ended with about 60 withered. 3 glimmering, 5 regular and something else, with about 5 left over. Seemed so many web were giving me withered. I think maybe cause so many chests were there this time that it needed to provide enough withered for them all?

Was able to clear entire place but the door that requires 2 beserkers to open(maybe cause I did this last and only had 11 left, or I just didn't have 2 zerkers unlocked). I got another zerker today, so should be able to open that door next time. I only realized today those 2 doors right at the start are openable(did the dryad boss today). Granted it took me until my 4th time to realize most of the "locked" doors don't requires keys(except the 1 for dro). I completely wasted the first 3 tries, I had no clue what I was doing and would get to Dro and he would own me as unholy. Switched to blood and the place is a cakewalk.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
WQ's have been bugging out for me. About 4 of them today wouldn't complete.

I had one like this. It was just a boss kill. It showed credit for the kill but didn't complete. I ran back to the area and as soon as I got in range it completed.

Dalien

Registered Hodor
Was able to clear entire place but the door that requires 2 beserkers to open(maybe cause I did this last and only had 11 left, or I just didn't have 2 zerkers unlocked). I got another zerker today, so should be able to open that door next time

Yeah open that room next time the chest in there is the "more efficiently focused attacks" chest. It's a bitch to clear that room the first time because there's a 2-pack and 3-pack of those big elementals, but you only have to do it once and never go back there once you get the chest.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Think its just random, outside using the materials from the recipes you want. Like cant use shanks for crit food etc.
Apparently, you can use any of the ingredients or base ingredients to trigger the recipe discovery. If you use Shanks, you can only discover recipes ranks 2 or 3 for shank, surf&turf or discover the salad.
I completely wasted the first 3 tries, I had no clue what I was doing and would get to Dro and he would own me as unholy. Switched to blood and the place is a cakewalk.
This place is a cakewalk for any tank spec once you have enough withered in your army. It's another of those scenarios where dps have massive problems. Thankfully, I get enough faction to be happy, I'll probably clear and get the toy & pet with another char.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I was able to do a full clear on my rogue the 3rd time (1st time being the story quest, then the WQ for times 2 and 3). When facing Dro, don't be afraid to do your agro drop and let the withered tank while you heal up. Always bring at least the 1300 ancient mana level of withered with you. 2k is great if you've bothered to unlock the cap that far, but it's overkill if you have a couple upgrades (damage and hp) and are picking up the withered from each room (not the first 2 berserker required room!) as you go.

if you started with 16 using 1300 ancient mana, by the time you get to Dro you'll have 25+ in your army. Berserk them and stun him when he starts zipping around. The rest of the bosses are a joke or are skippable. Dro, the final spider boss, and the room with all the eggs are the only REQUIRED encounters to finish the instance (which in itself isn't required to get a 425 score - 425 being the max rep you can receive). Literally every other boss is optional. The Elfbreaker definitely requires some patience and care to move your way around the room without agroing him, so I wouldn't recommend relying on doing that correctly the first time you try. The 25% damage is in his room behind the knocked over pillar. Bring at least 5 withered with you and kamikaze to it if you think you're gonna lose them soon or you accidentally agro him.

Also, I noticed Ret pally's Blessing of Might extends to the withered. It's a pretty huge advantage over other specs, so I'd be surprised if it doesn't get nerfed.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
stun him when he starts zipping around.
Well, that's my problem: As a shadow priest, I don't have stun.

The only suggestions I've seen for shadow priest is dot - MC until the dots fall off, re-dot, re-MC and so on until he dies. Will probably have to try that.

Tantrik

Golden Knight of the Realm
Always bring 2k mana worth of withered. Its not about the score, its about the number of chests you can get.

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
There are 3 chests in the open world with mana upgrades. I highly recommend Daily Global Check with the Legion Treasures plug in and the Legion Rare Mob plug in.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Is there a way to upgrade the Farseer set? I have gear that has a lot higher Ilevel for the slot but then I lose the Farseer set bonus. Looking up those addons because I am missing out on the extra mana capacity.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Found another glowing item in Stormheim next to the talking tree. This time it was a glowing beehive, I still couldn't interact with it.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
So... interestingly part of the main story is actually gated behind the Warlock destro questline.

Essentially, the reason that there aren't as many demons on the Broken Isles yet:
You basically fuck his ritual up and ruin reinforcements through the main portal he has set up at the Tomb

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Well up to 842 iLevel without setting foot in a heroic or mythic yet. :)

Got a bunch of Mythic Arcway quests from Nightfallen storyline, I hope they are not mandatory for progression, I also have a 1 day mission to do, hoping that will be enough.

It's kind of funny, accidently entered the court of star instance, a mythic dungeon...I wasn't paying attention, and thought it was a Scenario for a quest. I cleared about 3-4 pulls, and thought to myself that it was ridiculous hard for a solo quest...I then realized I was in a Mythic dungeon and was clearing it solo, I died a bit later, too many came at same time. :)