World of Warcraft: Current Year

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
It's funny cross referencing wooly's posts with those of people dying horribly in Suramar.

WQ's in those Elite areas slam packed with see invis is good stuff. Has a beta WoW / EQ sort of vibe.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Isn't the catch up mechanic something like "AK will only take 3 or 4 days instead of 5 for each rank until you catch up"? Meaning it still takes weeks to catch up reasonably with this system.

Correct, basically its on a curve for days per work order. So in theory 9 months from now the first few work orders might only be hours.

Malkav

French Madman
It's funny cross referencing wooly's posts with those of people dying horribly in Suramar.

WQ's in those Elite areas slam packed with see invis is good stuff. Has a beta WoW / EQ sort of vibe.

Fuck the WQ asking you to beat people up until one finally talks in this area of the city.

I've never been happier to have night elf stationary stealth racial than when I did the quests to unlock CoS and Arcway.

Khane

Got something right about marriage

That's a good point. You have to group in there. Even as a tank I can't do some of those quests. That's why people hate it, it's forced grouping.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Isn't the catch up mechanic something like "AK will only take 3 or 4 days instead of 5 for each rank until you catch up"? Meaning it still takes weeks to catch up reasonably with this system.

I am not sure I believe that is one thing that will be happening but I think they were also talking about some global thing as well. I am not positive any of that has been finalized yet. I am also to the step where part of me wants to rush a bunch of alts to 110 to at least get their AP cranking away but I have been enjoying my druid and still have a bunch of stuff to do which is such a nice change from WOD where you hit max level then throw your hands up going WTF is there to do.

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
Suramar is the most idiotic area in wow. Whoever designed it, should be publicly shamed, urinated on and then fired

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
That's a good point. You have to group in there. Even as a tank I can't do some of those quests. That's why people hate it, it's forced grouping.

IDK, sneaking around for some of them is pretty fun. Can't solo the ones that require you to kill elites but generally I like it. Takes some patience and use of shimmershards/etc to make it out. The most annoying part is getting up the stairs from the canal and across the bridge without getting detected.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Suramar is the most idiotic area in wow. Whoever designed it, should be publicly shamed, urinated on and then fired

I love Suramar you fucking hater. It only sucks if you lack the ability to fucking pay attention or expect to fly directly to your quest objectives then fly away.

• 3Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
I love Suramar you fucking hater. It only sucks if you lack the ability to fucking pay attention or expect to fly directly to your quest objectives then fly away.

silence, heathen. I hate the Draenor type of questing in there. The "run around the mountain approach"

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
silence, heathen. I hate the Draenor type of questing in there. The "run around the mountain approach"

Yeah... you have teleporters to every inch of the zone and flight masters too. Whats the problem?

sadris

Karen
<Donor>
So Juggernaut is raiding tonight and looking for healers if anyone is interested. My battletag is sadris#1622

Super good DPS could be possible as well, but note that we're going to kick bads quickly. Core group is 7 juggernaut members.

Raid starts at 8pm EST, doing heroic.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Goblin glider from either portal on the far ends of the top level lets me get where ever the fuck I want in the zone. It's easy peasy.

I bought 200x gliders in the first week and I'm down to about half of them now.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Malkav

French Madman
Goblin glider from either portal on the far ends of the top level lets me get where ever the fuck I want in the zone. It's easy peasy.

I bought 200x gliders in the first week and I'm down to about half of them now.

Worth noting that they disabled the gnomish gravity well from engineering in the city. I've been cheesing it as a DH with this all around the broken isles, but Suramar city just says fuck you.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I'm referring to the actual city of Suramar not the entire zone

The only area of Suramar City that sucks is the Palace since it has so many mobs with vision. But you can get around there okay if you're a little creative.

I don't understand this gripe honestly.

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
for all the elite quests i usually just teleport to the vineyards and then glider exactly to the quest. it helps that i can solo just about all of them.

i like Suramar city at this point, pretty easy to get around after your first or second time there.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Im confused why warrior shit is so hard.

Secret prot warrior skin behind some mysterious quest that no one is really sure how it spawns

Warrior campaign has 4 day long missions (2) at the end. Huh?

At least we got ignore pain

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Fuck the WQ asking you to beat people up until one finally talks in this area of the city.

I've never been happier to have night elf stationary stealth racial than when I did the quests to unlock CoS and Arcway.

Shadow meld + barding from leatherworking = a god send this expansion. Being able to blast through/past stuff and then drop agro and when doing the suramar stuff having an agro dump/invis is a god send.