World of Warcraft: Current Year

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Really concerned about the future Ignore OPain nerf. I know Blizzard will go overboard with it. I'm leveling up my paladin from 100 just in case.
Yeah knowing blizzard they'll change it so it costs 100 rage now for the full effect and the full effective will be half effective and also rage will stop scaling with gear and also you'll be stunned for 9 seconds after you use it and also your healer gets silenced and also no loot drops if you use it

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Man what the fuck, was this even necessary?

Protection
  • Vengeance (Talent) Rage cost reduction reduced to 35%.
  • Intercept Rage generation reduced to 10.
  • Shield Slam Rage generation reduced to 10.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
So after playing 2 alts to 110 and putzing around with them a bit on the side I am going to disagree with everyone saying this expansion is not alt friendly.

In fact I think it's more alt friendly than any other expansion they've released. Do the uniting the isles quest when you hit 110, start getting 820+ gear immediately. You can do most of the class order hall and profession quests on the way to 110. You can level up anywhere. Artifact progress isn't impeded as much as people pretend it is and the catch up mechanics work fine.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
So after playing 2 alts to 110 and putzing around with them a bit on the side I am going to disagree with everyone saying this expansion is not alt friendly.

In fact I think it's more alt friendly than any other expansion they've released. Do the uniting the isles quest when you hit 110, start getting 820+ gear immediately. You can do most of the class order hall and profession quests on the way to 110. You can level up anywhere. Artifact progress isn't impeded as much as people pretend it is and the catch up mechanics work fine.

It's more time commitment to stay within 90% of your main. Of course legion is "you can actually have alts" friendly.

*OR is not self sustaining.
*Rep is frequent reset quest time gated.
*Prof mat supplies are not keeping up with demand on the market.
*AK research catch up is nice but AP is still a significant, consistent time investment to approach current maximums.
*LFR Gear is now worse than grind out gear.
*Legendaries take huge time investment into repetitive tasks.

So to this extent legion is definitely less "alt friendly" than MoP and WoD. I don't think that's a bad thing at all, honestly, but I think anyone reasonably keeping up with a main to max content is recognizing what a massive increase in content availability is in legion vs before and the time input is completely linear this time rather than wholly exponential for the last 5-10 ilvls as in previous iterations.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I need to start one of my alts. Not even sure what to level. Originally was gonna do DK but I'm not sure.

How are monk healers in terms of raid healing?

Also got the warlock and demon hunter

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Man what the fuck, was this even necessary?

Protection
  • Vengeance (Talent) Rage cost reduction reduced to 35%.
  • Intercept Rage generation reduced to 10.
  • Shield Slam Rage generation reduced to 10.
Yes I couldn't believe it when I saw it. I'm still dumb founded by this.

Khane

It's more time commitment to stay within 90% of your main. Of course legion is "you can actually have alts" friendly.

*OR is not self sustaining.
*Rep is frequent reset quest time gated.
*Prof mat supplies are not keeping up with demand on the market.
*AK research catch up is nice but AP is still a significant, consistent time investment to approach current maximums.
*LFR Gear is now worse than grind out gear.
*Legendaries take huge time investment into repetitive tasks.

So to this extent legion is definitely less "alt friendly" than MoP and WoD. I don't think that's a bad thing at all, honestly, but I think anyone reasonably keeping up with a main to max content is recognizing what a massive increase in content availability is in legion vs before and the time input is completely linear this time rather than wholly exponential for the last 5-10 ilvls as in previous iterations.

Do not agree.

OR is easy to come by and you don't need much to just run missions. A few OR WQs a week is sufficient.

Rep has been time gated for a long, long time and doesn't really affect your alt. Did you grind rep for every faction on all your alts in previous expansions?

WQ's are way more alt friendly than running LFR every week on alts.

I'm not trying to farm a legendary for my alts. They are my alts. And I still get a chance from the emissary WQ every day + Daily heroic.

All of your arguments make it sound like you want two mains. Not an alt. In that case sure it's time consuming but that was always the case in every expansion.

You can get to 110, play the alt as an actual alt a bit a week. Get your AK up and if you ever decide to main it you can go do all the stuff you weren't doing (like Suramar) and get all that ridiculous AP with your AK boosts and catch up in no time at all.

Nite1

<WoW Guild Officer>
Ok friends need a bit of advice. So I picked the shadowpriest because the visuals and play where amazing and a lot of fun and because if played well I ould get myself near the top of the damage meters. So if I'm reading this right as I posted earlier I think the nerfs are fairly substantial and really just make shadowpriest lower middle of the pack so the question is should I trust blizzard to rebuff the class or is that a pipe dream and I should just level a mage or monk?

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I need to start one of my alts. Not even sure what to level. Originally was gonna do DK but I'm not sure.

How are monk healers in terms of raid healing?

Also got the warlock and demon hunter

MW are fantastic. That said, they need extremely careful mana management and fistweaving is something I'm considering because of that to give me a bit more lebensraum.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Do not agree.

OR is easy to come by and you don't need much to just run missions. A few OR WQs a week is sufficient.

Rep has been time gated for a long, long time and doesn't really affect your alt. Did you grind rep for every faction on all your alts in previous expansions?

WQ's are way more alt friendly than running LFR every week on alts.

I'm not trying to farm a legendary for my alts. They are my alts. And I still get a chance from the emissary WQ every day + Daily heroic.

All of your arguments make it sound like you want two mains. Not an alt. In that case sure it's time consuming but that was always the case in every expansion.

You can get to 110, play the alt as an actual alt a bit a week. Get your AK up and if you ever decide to main it you can go do all the stuff you weren't doing (like Suramar) and get all that ridiculous AP with your AK boosts and catch up in no time at all.

OR is not "a few WQs a week", you can blow through that OR in 8 hours with mobile app.

It's not rep being time SINK gated it's rep being short quest reset gated that's the problem. Rep is the new garrison missions, log in 3-5 times a day to max it.

I don't disagree that WQs as a concept are alt friendly but gear from them OR LFR is RNG grind locked for WF/TF just to get 840 because Mythic 5 man are just heroics from past expacs and drop 840 baseline.

Legendaries are going to be a huge deal at some point. This is a gut feeling, I'm not sure how this will play out but at least personally I want the rotation changes out of legos because they're interesting.

AK catch up only makes you approach your main in CAPACITY, but still you have to grind out the tokens because it never EXCEEDS your main.

Again, I think positive changes overall (some negative but net positive) but comparing easy LFR/token zone alt gearing from MOP and WoD, it's a huge time sink increase to legion.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Ok friends need a bit of advice. So I picked the shadowpriest because the visuals and play where amazing and a lot of fun and because if played well I ould get myself near the top of the damage meters. So if I'm reading this right as I posted earlier I think the nerfs are fairly substantial and really just make shadowpriest lower middle of the pack so the question is should I trust blizzard to rebuff the class or is that a pipe dream and I should just level a mage or monk?

Priest will be attempted to be balanced around a horribly gimmicky talent, S2M, for a few patches. It wont work as the talent is absolute aids. Also priest will continue to lack AE. So either heal or forget doing mythics. But raids will have a spot for average deeps.

Khane

OR is not "a few WQs a week", you can blow through that OR in 8 hours with mobile app.

It's not rep being time SINK gated it's rep being short quest reset gated that's the problem. Rep is the new garrison missions, log in 3-5 times a day to max it.

I don't disagree that WQs as a concept are alt friendly but gear from them OR LFR is RNG grind locked for WF/TF just to get 840 because Mythic 5 man are just heroics from past expacs and drop 840 baseline.

Legendaries are going to be a huge deal at some point. This is a gut feeling, I'm not sure how this will play out but at least personally I want the rotation changes out of legos because they're interesting.

AK catch up only makes you approach your main in CAPACITY, but still you have to grind out the tokens because it never EXCEEDS your main.

Again, I think positive changes overall (some negative but net positive) but comparing easy LFR/token zone alt gearing from MOP and WoD, it's a huge time sink increase to legion.

To each their own I guess. It's never been easier to gear an alt than it is now. Ever.

And keeping your missions going in Legion is about 100x less painful than WoD alt garrisons were to keep going.

Nite1

<WoW Guild Officer>
Priest will be attempted to be balanced around a horribly gimmicky talent, S2M, for a few patches. It wont work as the talent is absolute aids. Also priest will continue to lack AE. So either heal or forget doing mythics. But raids will have a spot for average deeps.
Ironically s2m(and sp in general) was a big part of what brought me back to wow. A class based around doing decent to good dps then giving in to the old god for an insane amount of power (see what I did there) to become a juggernaut only to die horribly if you messed up was so cool and exciting. Then to balance that power out our aoe was balls and we have 0 utility.
Guess it's a wait and see thing. However blizzards track records never been very good with these types of things.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Ironically s2m(and sp in general) was a big part of what brought me back to wow. A class based around doing decent to good dps then giving in to the old god for an insane amount of power (see what I did there) to become a juggernaut only to die horribly if you messed up was so cool and exciting. Then to balance that power out our aoe was balls and we have 0 utility.
Guess it's a wait and see thing. However blizzards track records never been very good with these types of things.

The lore is fine and fun but the design of the class is atrocious right now. What other class centers around one single talent? S2M is too dominating and too restricting on power outside of S2M. Its just terrible. And on top of that, the other level 100 talents are pure garbage and there is no AE. Oh and on top of that they are nerfing haste stacking during void torrent which makes that arti ability even shittier. Sad times :(. But like i said earlier, mind sear is now doing 15k a tick, wooo. RIP SP.

Nite1

<WoW Guild Officer>
The lore is fine and fun but the design of the class is atrocious right now. What other class centers around one single talent? S2M is too dominating and too restricting on power outside of S2M. Its just terrible. And on top of that, the other level 100 talents are pure garbage and there is no AE. Oh and on top of that they are nerfing haste stacking during void torrent which makes that arti ability even shittier. Sad times :(. But like i said earlier, mind sear is now doing 15k a tick, wooo. RIP SP.
It's honestly the nerf to torrent that hurts the most. I would've been fine with caping mh if that would've been left alone. Plus they couldve adjusted that cap pending numbers. They should build us around s2m from a fantasy perspective but make it a base line ability and play with the percentages if we get to op. Then replace the s2m talent with something that allows mind sear to spread sp to all mobs it hits for our aoe. Then we can choose at our 100 skill wether we want stronger aoe or single target with lotv.

Kalaar kururuc

Grumpy old man
Are people getting legendaries? Ive not missed a day for the zone wq chests, done every refresh of withered training and a whole boat load of heroics and the odd mythic and have got diddly squat.