World of Warcraft: Current Year

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I'm shocked WW wasn't hit at all. Shocked, I say.

Still, the whole "we won't nerf you much" thing is buffs which leads to the question what happens when your poopsock artifact power arti weapon becomes less good than the next one by a significant margin, especially if you preferred another spec thematically/playstyle but it was such horeshit you couldn't play it seriously but now its better than the other one. Lulz.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Some of the too high seem to have gotten hit, DH, Outlaw rogue, Spriest, Arms warriors. And bringing up some of the ones too far down. Though a few of them are odd, like balance, demonology, ret, which were actually already good middle-high of the pack.

Though kind of shocked MM hunters and/or fire mages were not brought down slightly, though maybe on next pass.

Argarth

On the verandah
  • Arms
    • Exploit the Weakness (Artifact Trait) bonus reduced to 3% per point.
    • Focused Rage (Talent) damage bonus reduced to 30%.
That EW nerf seems like a pretty big hit to Tactitian procs for Arms (was 10% per point)

Hell I don't even have any points in it yet, and the RNG on Colossus Smash in particular can feel really brutal even just out questing. I mean that's a 70% nerf to the Trait.

I'm becoming more and more glad that I haven't even capped a character yet.

Delly

Trakanon Raider
Not sure how I feel about nerfing rage for Prot. I have some rage problems when soloing but never in dungeons, this won't really change that much except to hurt my WQing.

Looks like they added Fury buffs. Excited about that. I wanted to go Fury for off spec but it was not what I expected when Legion released.

Nite1

<WoW Guild Officer>
If I'm reading the changes to s priests right they basically nerfed shadow into the middle of the pack for single target and we're still bottom for aoe.(50% increase to a shit spell is still shit) Stacks not accumulating in either dispertion or torrent means you cant stay in void form nearly as long nerfing damage that was already mediocre to decent then during the execute/s2m phase really good sps lost a shit ton of damage...
Hopefully these don't go live as is because it's hard to see people wanting shadow priests for mythics or raids when we can't aoe well and our strong point got nerfed to.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Finally got something out of WAT, hidden artifact appearance. Stormfist out of WAT.

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Not sure why they wouldn't nerf the Bloodlet talent's ability cleave so it didn't fuck single target so much. Oh well.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Despite my Shaman being my main, all of these changes always makes me think about picking up and playing another class. Ahhhh! Even though Shaman just got buffs as well, and so now maybe I'll go back to Elemental and try that. Always loved Ranged DPS versus melee. But I've kinda gotten used to Enhancement and melee. Ahhhh!

Argarth

On the verandah
Re the Arms change to Tactician

With no points in the Trait and no Tactician Relics, I have an (accumulated, yes I know RNG doesn't really work like this) 65% chance of resetting MS/CS after having spent 100 rage, a full bar. Heh, no wonder it can take me 3 times as long to kill identical mobs back to back after a bad streak.

With the Relics and 3/3 EW =6 points; Tactician would proc as if I had spent 60% more rage before the nerf, so 160 rage x 0.65% per rage = 104% chance for a proc after a full rage bar.
After the nerf that bonus is reduced to 18%; so 118 x 0.65% per rage = 76.7% chance to proc. So the Trait plummets from a 39% buff to the base passive that I'm dealing with to a 16.7% buff, and that with full Tactician relics.

Seems like a massive nerf, and doesn't give me much to look forward to. For me at least, the RNG with Arms is the single worst thing about it, and can't understand why they didn't reduce damage some other way.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Really concerned about the future Ignore OPain nerf. I know Blizzard will go overboard with it. I'm leveling up my paladin from 100 just in case.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Finally hit 110 today, just highmountain to get to friendly for my eternal WQ grind. Did a lot of groundwork quests. There are a ton at 110, my quest log is eternally full but starting to clear it out.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Disc priest Atonement still OP...

eM4hLbn

Delly

Trakanon Raider
Really concerned about the future Ignore OPain nerf. I know Blizzard will go overboard with it. I'm leveling up my paladin from 100 just in case.

I'm hoping the rage nerf was their ignore pain tuning. Won't be able to spam IP and get full value all the time.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Finally hit 110 today, just highmountain to get to friendly for my eternal WQ grind. Did a lot of groundwork quests. There are a ton at 110, my quest log is eternally full but starting to clear it out.

Nice, I was in the same boat except I hadn't even stepped foot in Val sharah and did maybe 5 quests in stormheim when I hit 110. I'm probably behind the curve because of this but I barely did anything in suramar before immediately going back and finishing those zones (after I got friendly and left them)

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
I can't imagine that anyone playing a Demon Hunter is truly surprised that they a significant adjustment. Was in a group yesterday with one DH dps and a DH tank and the rest of us just felt superfluous. Pulled one boss with the healer AFK and there was really no change other than the other DPS and myself having to self heal / barrier