World of Warcraft: Current Year

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
yea i leveled 100-110 as prot, probably faster than arms/fury. like others have said you can pretty much pull entire areas and aoe things down.

make sure to take shockwave, and vengeance/ultimatum (atleast until the nerf). i didn't use impending victory while leveling victory rush was enough.

Why does Impending Victory exist? 20% more damage and something I can hit every 30s does not make it worth replacing Victory Rush.

Vengeance/Ultimatum is still better than the alternatives post nerf. Maybe Into the Fray, but that's it.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
So don't take that talent, problem solved.

Unless you are in top few % of mythic raiders not only will it not matter but no one will know the difference anyway. I've always hated that fucking talent, so I never use it. I'll take the slightly less dps of passive Incanter's Flow over a ground based buff any day of the week.

Yup unless you are a bleeding edge raider often times trying to keep something up you really don't like will wind up you not using it all the time or correctly and mitigates its usefulness. Better to find a talent that merges well with your play style and play that well than to go for optimal and get frustrated because really right now with gear all over the place very few people are going to be hitting their theoretical numbers. I do recommend grabbing a DPS meter though I don't use them to e peen but sometimes its hard to tell if what you are doing is flowing right and I got about a 20% boost in my damage running the meter and figuring out better openers and getting my rotation nailed down better.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Why does Impending Victory exist? 20% more damage and something I can hit every 30s does not make it worth replacing Victory Rush.

Vengeance/Ultimatum is still better than the alternatives post nerf. Maybe Into the Fray, but that's it.

Because in groups/raids you pretty much are never getting killing blows so victory rush never activates. In those cases impending victory gives you some on demand self healing every 30 seconds which during boss fights is a fair amount of self healing to help mitigate out some bursts.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
It also resets on kills just like Victory Rush correct?

I believe that is correct it is basically victory rush but is always available every 30 seconds even if you are not getting kills. So in groups especially in raids it really is nice.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Didn't think a 15% self heal every 30s was that big of a deal when Death Strike and whatever DHs get exists. But, I haven't used it yet in that setting, so you're likely correct.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
It is not a huge heal but most of your "self healing" is ingore pain. But it is nice to have a nice fast on demand self heal to help bring you up if something hit you with a big damage spike. Over the course of a boss fight you are probably using it 6+ times and that is a fair amount of healing to help when you need it buy your healer a second or two to get a bigger heal off.

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider

For test purposes i ran with booming voice + Avatar for a few of the fights in EN. we were lacking on dps and with both of these + old war potion i put out pretty decent damage.

Booming is going to get a few more looks after the rage generation nerf. i think vengeance/ultimatum is still the overall best, but its really going to depend on the fight. the booming+IP oh shit button is handy.

Drat

Golden Knight of the Realm
How to world Bosses work? My current understanding is they will show up as a purple ! on your map. I could have sworn it only listed gold though and not items, but I could be mistaken.
Also do we know if there is an ilevel or faction requirement for a character to be eligible for them?

MMO-Champion - Legion - World Bosses Didn't completely answer my questions.

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
World bosses will show up on your map, we had 820's see him, not sure if he shows up for everyone but i would assume the only requirement is "be 110".

loot is personal loot so the WQ will only show gold as the loot. when you kill the mob and loot him is when you'll actually get a chance at a item drop (or a legendary has a small chance of dropping).

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
How to world Bosses work? My current understanding is they will show up as a purple ! on your map. I could have sworn it only listed gold though and not items, but I could be mistaken.
Also do we know if there is an ilevel or faction requirement for a character to be eligible for them?

MMO-Champion - Legion - World Bosses Didn't completely answer my questions.
The WQ probably only rewards gold, but when you kill it there is a chance for loot. Can see their loot tables in the adventure book thingy in game

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Just some random musings.

I played WoW a little while back, leveling a fury panda to level 20 in order to get the Liadrin portrait in Hearthstone. The game did not scratch my itch at all. In fact, it was quite off-putting. So, after resubbing recently based on the feedback here and from friends, I was starting to get the same feeling and I couldn't quite understand why.

It's the UI. Blizzard's default UI sucks so fucking much that it's a major detractor to getting people interested in the game. Look here, no look here, now look there. Information all over the fucking screen. The default chat window is tiny and full of conflicting and mostly useless information. Having a conversation with a friend interspersed with loot, xp, and rep information is horrible.

I know this is old information and most people play with tons of mods, including myself from 5 years ago. After fixing up my UI(thanks for the recommendation on elvui), it all felt much more familiar. Like a huge obstacle to playing the game had been removed and I could actually concentrated on the valuable stuff. I'm just surprised there's been basically no improvements to the default UI all these years. Blizzard used to absorb mods in the early days, like scrolling combat text. Why stop?

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
If my sims are correct (oh they are), it appears they are also absorbing class balancing / simulations now too. They lined right up with the patch notes and could have out of the gate. Now there will be much wailing and gnashing of teeth over lack of free artifact respecs. I lucked out tho.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
just unlocked my hidden warrior prot skin.
I was hoping AK5 was the magic number for corrupted ashbringer, but no such luck. It seems like the book only gets updated every other AK so here's hoping for AK7 being the unlock for Ret.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Hrm good point, all 3 of my formerly BIS relics are for nodes that have been nerfed. Yay?

Where are you seeing updated sims?

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
I was hoping AK5 was the magic number for corrupted ashbringer, but no such luck. It seems like the book only gets updated every other AK so here's hoping for AK7 being the unlock for Ret.

I'm expecting the Warrior one gets turned into a huge several month long "visit the cave once a day" camp. logging in and out for an hour obviously is not the way blizzard intended. even after someone got the shield there was a huge debate on if you needed to log out in the cave, or log out outside and then run it. or if reading the "fluff" in your quest hall increased its chance. or if jumping on one foot helped. it was none of this, just go in the cave sit in one spot log in and out until you hear the roar.

for the Paladin one i know you guys need a book, is it a drop? most of the Artifact appearances (much to peoples dismay) has basically been "get an item from a mob who may drop it" or "look in xxx place for xxx amount of time" or are AK or Rep gated.

we've had a few more confirmations from the warrior discord that the people who got the Fury artifact hilt (3 different people) from skovald in HoV which is 1 out of 3 parts for the weapon were exalted with the valarjar at the time, so its rep gated.

Tantrik

I quite liked the most recent (last until 7.1?) quest in the Xe'Ra / Illidan quest line where you

Play as him during the Black Temple raid. I spent most of the fight paying attention to what the "raiders" were saying rather than anything else. You can tell they had fun with that whole thing. At the end of all of that Xe'Ra mentions that even though I didn't personally defeat him etc. and I was wondering if I had done that quest on a character that did finish the Black Temple raid in BC if it would have been ever so subtly different.

I agree the mechanics of it were fun, but the lore retcon is enraging, even by Blizzard standard.

Just some random musings.

I played WoW a little while back, leveling a fury panda to level 20 in order to get the Liadrin portrait in Hearthstone. The game did not scratch my itch at all. In fact, it was quite off-putting. So, after resubbing recently based on the feedback here and from friends, I was starting to get the same feeling and I couldn't quite understand why.

It's the UI. Blizzard's default UI sucks so fucking much that it's a major detractor to getting people interested in the game. Look here, no look here, now look there. Information all over the fucking screen. The default chat window is tiny and full of conflicting and mostly useless information. Having a conversation with a friend interspersed with loot, xp, and rep information is horrible.

I know this is old information and most people play with tons of mods, including myself from 5 years ago. After fixing up my UI(thanks for the recommendation on elvui), it all felt much more familiar. Like a huge obstacle to playing the game had been removed and I could actually concentrated on the valuable stuff. I'm just surprised there's been basically no improvements to the default UI all these years. Blizzard used to absorb mods in the early days, like scrolling combat text. Why stop?

They still do. For example, the new nameplates are basically a version of Tidyplates. They did a huge overhaul to the raid frames a few years ago that many people use as a default.

I too dislike the default UI, it's always the biggest hurdle to playing much in betas when I first get in them, but then I see streamers using it...so it must have some fans.

Tantrik

People were getting it between 10 and 16 on the beta realm.

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
Alright, I just bought Legion.

First time playing wow Since April 2009 quit because it became to casual friendly and boring.

Gonna use my original character and apparently I get an instant level token to 100.

What do I need to know?