World of Warcraft: Current Year

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
It seems to happen most when I try to track quests in the WQ tracker addon as well. Guess that's the cause. It does happen other times too but that addon is present and activated.
It's because World Quest List is far superior. :)

Crone

I'll start using that then
World quest tracker is nice, but I feel it clusters the shit out of my map and I don't like that. The list is great to just have a list in the side with what's going on.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Finally gave in and resubbed :confused:

Been over 5 years, Curse still the place to download addons? Gonna grab: bagnon, quartz, tidyplates, dbm, and bartender. Any that I should add to that? I guess that world quest tracker discussed above.

Any disadvantage to leveling as prot? As in, it's much much slower than arms/fury?

Oh, forgot to add: level boosted my character with blacksmithing/engineering. It only boosted blacksmithing to 700. It *said* it boosted mining to 700 but I still have engineering. Did I screw that up and will have to go level up a gathering skill from scratch?

Brikker

Trump's Staff

Been over 5 years, Curse still the place to download addons? Gonna grab: bagnon, quartz, tidyplates, dbm, and bartender. Any that I should add to that? I guess that world quest tracker discussed above.

Any disadvantage to leveling as prot? As in, it's much much slower than arms/fury?

Oh, forgot to add: level boosted my character with blacksmithing/engineering. It only boosted blacksmithing to 700. It *said* it boosted mining to 700 but I still have engineering. Did I screw that up and will have to go level up a gathering skill from scratch?

Curse has a client you can download, makes everything super easy. Prot is fine (and possibly one of the better specs) to level with but they also just got a 10% damage nerf and an impending rage nerf. I think you should have got both prof's boosted to 700 if your character was a least level 60...ticket it.

Crone

Protection specs for all the tanks kill a little slower but the benefit is you can pull unlimited amounts of mobs and not worry about dying. As a tank leveling, if you are pulling just a couple at a time you're doing it wrong. It's similar to disc priest. Literally jump into the middle of shit and halo (massive range aoe) and finish entire quest steps in 1 combat session. That's how or it should do it as well.

Unidin

Molten Core Raider
As someone who has been Disc since Vanilla, yeah, times have changed. Disc got knocked down hard from the super glory days of WoD. That said I enjoy playing the spec still, even if we are a wonky version of TBC era Shadow Priests. I did Mythic Darkheart and Wrath last night for the beginning of Balance of Power (my first two Mythics). Had zero difficulties healing with the exception of Wrath of Azshara. Must have wiped about 10 times with our Pally tank, he eventually left and we got a Blood DK, who had enough self sustain that I was able to keep heals on the rest of the group as they were getting bombarded by the 80 environmental effects that hit you on that fight. To those who play Holy Priest, is that fight any easier to heal on Holy? From the movement heavy aspect that is, not getting into a Disc vs Holy discussion as the two classes are barely comparable at this point.

That fight sucks to heal unless you coordinate well since people spread out and you end up chasing them all over.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>

Just download elvui, dbm, and tidyplates (and maybe quartz?!)

Leveling a gathering skill from scratch is NBD, can do that inside legion areas. Get world quest tracker. Leveling as prot will be fine.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
yea i leveled 100-110 as prot, probably faster than arms/fury. like others have said you can pretty much pull entire areas and aoe things down.

make sure to take shockwave, and vengeance/ultimatum (atleast until the nerf). i didn't use impending victory while leveling victory rush was enough.

Rafterman

Molten Core Raider
I really wish they would do something about that talent, it's the one thing keeping me from playing a mage.
So don't take that talent, problem solved.

Unless you are in top few % of mythic raiders not only will it not matter but no one will know the difference anyway. I've always hated that fucking talent, so I never use it. I'll take the slightly less dps of passive Incanter's Flow over a ground based buff any day of the week.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
That talent is equally amazing and shitty at the same time. It makes it so you have to plan out your burst at the right time, however, it is very annoying. I think more talents should be more like that, risk vs reward. Not just flat increase of some ability.

However, right now its pretty much built into the rotation, which makes it very cumbersome.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
World quest tracker is nice, but I feel it clusters the shit out of my map and I don't like that. The list is great to just have a list in the side with what's going on.

The list is awesome, and makes choosing world quests super easy. Highly recommended.

kitsune

Golden Knight of the Realm
So what are some good news websites besides MMO champ, icy veins and wowhead?

Rather than looking for websites, I would recommend going to whatever class' discord and take the discussion there. All the ones I visit (pala, dh, monk etc) have good discussion on all specs with players from all walks of content and progression, which is pretty solid.

On the topic of tanks, seems Serenity is going with prot paladin + guardian druid so I would say that they feel those two are the best in terms of progression. Warrior is likely the easiest tank overall to heal as a healer but my bet's still on guardian being the strongest overall with their very simplistic kit

At any rate, I am sticking to vengeance and we killed Xavius on heroic last night so it's working so far at least!

Qhue

Trump's Staff
I quite liked the most recent (last until 7.1?) quest in the Xe'Ra / Illidan quest line where you

Play as him during the Black Temple raid. I spent most of the fight paying attention to what the "raiders" were saying rather than anything else. You can tell they had fun with that whole thing. At the end of all of that Xe'Ra mentions that even though I didn't personally defeat him etc. and I was wondering if I had done that quest on a character that did finish the Black Temple raid in BC if it would have been ever so subtly different.

On another note: does anyone know if First Arcanist Thalyssra has the same voice actor as Pharah from Overwatch? I was doing the WQ for the Moon Guard bombing run this AM and when First Arcanist Thalyssra says that we should "rain justice from above" I figured it was an homage.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
So there's this fishing world quest in northeast Stormheim called "Rocket Boot Fishing". I won't spoil it, just go do it when it pops up. Grab yourself some barracuda and be entertained.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider

Curse has really upgraded their downloader it has integrated voice chat stuff on it now which is pretty slick and keeps all your mods up to date no fuss no muss.