World of Warcraft: Current Year

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yep. You either need to join a guild and do guild runs (who in most cases have a bunch of these dickweeds) or make your own group. When I do, I usually say "Chill Run, no assholes". It's amazing how quickly groups fill up and people are actually somewhat talkative and civil.
Yeah, I'm in a guild. Sunday is raid night so most of them aren't on Sunday afternoon's. I can't raid because I get up at 4:30am and need to be in bed at the time they start :) I probably should have just started my own run, you're right. I just don't get how kids these days think it's okay to treat strangers like that. Especially since I didn't actually do anything wrong. Like I didn't fuck up once the whole run. *shrug* Fucking kids these days. Or at least I hope it's kids because if it's adults then they need to start looking long and hard at life :)

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Arms warriors are ridiculous while solo questing out in the world because they have basically unlimited rage to just keep MS at 3 buffed stacks constantly. Critting shit for 800k+ at level 102 was great fun.

You'll notice a BIG difference in output when in a dungeon because you don't have as much incoming rage and actually have to manage it.

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
Yea solo questing i demolish things, its sustained im having problems with. I also think my issue is probably entirely gear, the people pulling 250k+ sustained all have 90%+ mastery and 20% haste (allows you to fit in another slam/MS/CS during battlecry windows).

Warcraft Logs - Combat Analysis for Warcraft here are the Arms warrior logs for people in the 850-853 ilevel on Heroic Nythendra, the top dps is averaging 384k.

Warcraft Logs - Combat Analysis for Warcraft here is fury, same ilevel bracket averaging about 295k for the top dps

i have a weakaura set up to show me enrage when im doing Fury, its pretty easy to make one with weakaura's using the template function. Spoiler is the weak aura string, just import it into the weak aura addon (copy/paste)

d0cxcaGleyBuLztQBkk4BuPDc0Ev7wk)uQyye1VrYWjWbff6ycTqrvlfHSCqEkQLjPNlYuHmzbMoLlIGUnv1Ze01PInkQCAs2mH2oc1Nb8vrrnnj(UuvxgQddQrlvz8IICsrPUfbDnK68sLghI(ROKhtKpoAwnym0RwlZP5kbvcIeqp7phmhmAotDefty7CclEYHvYqpxzYQRC0DrHf6zyjtrmgbPaaWqzGkapO8SbPaaWqJMP63600Dp)Cd2hNgnyCMWgemaEBojaR1zhKgnyCWizj0RUTn3dRa6zdwiN1uWbJMnynUzJM9D0MA022SKgoLgnNunanEoZzKiIYUdrBZjbyPrZjvdqJhSUnhOefvsoAR7OzFhTPgTTndblHhn77On1OTTzNeoRKaS05NfqSadwJB2OzFhTPgTTnlclzkQ2OzFhTPgTTn7KWzjPHtPZpdrPXJM9D0MA0222megqr1qDfGNvsuTzjkkDav)25NvbZe2GGbWZsuAkOrdgphPCKm6gwOl1QCj6UOq6WbRNJKow9i9cPlfszxz5ffshUn3xfy9gSqo3C8rqkaamuAW4C3oIIjSDoAAxzs6OlnTlPxTuwuyXBBgE0mHniya8GXqVATSnt8GXsnU9a

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Every class has those. There's a small variation in other upgrades available, but every class gets:

1) One option for 1 additional troop of each type (which is useless)
2) One option for follower upgrades @ 50 ressources per (which is cheaper than the missions, but you don't decide what you get)
3) One option for a cheap boss loot token (I think 50 ressources as well, rather than the 1000/2000/4000 you'd pay at Timear)
4) The 2 legendary upgrades

This list is not accurate

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Yea Druids don't get an option for OH Resource -> Follower Upgrades. Instead we get a chance for followers to get upgrade items from successful missions.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Arms warriors are ridiculous while solo questing out in the world because they have basically unlimited rage to just keep MS at 3 buffed stacks constantly. Critting shit for 800k+ at level 102 was great fun.

You'll notice a BIG difference in output when in a dungeon because you don't have as much incoming rage and actually have to manage it.

The same could be said for fury and their rage dump, rampage.

I know you can eventually outgear everything and shit will die quickly to any spec. But at my current ilvl(830), enrage vs second wind and victory rush, it's a big difference sometimes in hairy situations.

I do agree about managing resources when you're not taking damage. Sometimes arms just has empty GCDs. I want to say it's close to 25% of the time.

Drat

Golden Knight of the Realm
So I got around to doing some testing on Shaman and Monk over the weekend. My biggest take away was that Enhanced, who wears mail armor, feels far more squishier than WW, who has leather armor. Being able to Karma and not run away from an AE , or any damage, was also pretty nice. I know enhanced has a 40% reduction but it just wasn't the same. Other than that, the over all in combat feel was similar.

As TJT said a few days ago, Mistweaver seems to take a little more effort to heal well vs Resto Shaman. I don't know if that is a good or bad thing at this point but just an observation. With the right talents Mistweaver can be a ton more mobile. Both offer AE stuns for 5 mans as a side note.

Other utility of notes:
Shamans have Bloodlust
Shamans have ghost wolf and with the right follower is 100% move speed

I am having a hard time coming up with any utilities that Monk has over the Shaman.
10% AE movement buff as noted by Kuro

Last edited:

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Any recommendations for a stat weight mod? I'm finding lots of situations where I have to compare gear across ilvls where the lower one is ideal stats but the upper one is not(eww, crit).

Would love for fury to be better since crit isn't that much worse for it than arms and prot. Most of its stat weights are pretty close such that you can just pick the higher ilvl most of the time.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I'm stuck at like 2/11 story completion for suramar. I don't see any exclamation points on my map.. Are there hidden hubs I need to find?

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
I know they have tried to actively move away from the "smart healing" that reached a peak during the MoP era, but does it seem to anyone else like the few auto-targeted heals are noticeably reduced in effective targeting? I was running some dungeons on my Mistweaver this past weekend and I swear that Vivify was firing off heals that were hitting everyone except the party members who were actually injured.

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
Wow, they kicked a tank for going for the chest which is guaranteed AP? Some people in this game are idiots. I've been playing my Hunter this week and forgot I hadn't done any Mythic +'s on my tank yet and won't play really on Monday. So I look up Group Finder and there is a group that says "We carry, your key" so I click join and link my key. I just wanna get this shit done with and move on. I join and we enter the dungeon. After the first boss in Maw of Souls I look at Skada and I beat the DPS Pally.... So anyways, they are "carrying me" through this dungeon and talking the whole way about how awesome they are. Like a good tanky tank I keep Mark or Ironfur up the whole time. We kill the second boss, I'm still above the "carrying" Pally in damage. Whatever. The healer starts using caps "FOLLOW ME AFTER BOSS" and we go down the stairs to the center. I don't know what this guy thinks his secret tech is. So we sit there for like 15 seconds and the mobs populate and he doesn't say anything. I grab a pack of trash and one of the champions. We burn them down. It's M+ so I immediately grab the next pack. As we are fighting the next pack I grab the last trash pack we need. I've done Maw M+ like 20 times now, I know how many mobs we need to pull. The healer starts yelling in chat "OMG WHAT ARE YOU DOING???? FULL AUTISM!!!!". He then starts bitching about how another 3 chest run is ruined and at this point stops healing me. It's fine. I tank through with out heals. We move on to the captain and he starts healing again. The captain triggers the 100% mobs killed and we move on and finish the dungeon.

Why do people feel the need to insult other people? My tanking skills were just fine. My gear is low (Still ilvl848 as I was before EN dropped) because I just can't get any upgrades to drop. I helped carry and gear out their paladin who was doing 130k DPS on bosses. Like shut the fuck up and thank me for getting you gear....

Also what's up with group finder being pure AIDS right now? World Boss group, must be ilvl 865. Like really? It's like an EQ open world raid. You zerg that shit down and move on.

Since I got 110 my friend who is a 850+ Demon Hunter Tank was helping me run normals so I can get to 810 to run heroics. We insta queued for dungeons because i'm a healer and a tank and we would shred through the normals with her doing the most DPS because of her gear.

We still had people trying to talk shit about "pulling too much" or talking about going certain paths.

Once she told me that DPS have a 30 minute queue for normal's I realized we have them by the balls so every dungeon we ran I would inform them that if they gave me any lip we would kick them and that they should be gratful we allow them to tag along.

Runs went great after that.

Currently 806, gonna do some world quests when I get home and start Heroic dungeons.

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
So I got around to doing some testing on Shaman and Monk over the weekend. My biggest take away was that Enhanced, who wears mail armor, feels far more squishier than WW, who has leather armor. Being able to Karma and not run away from an AE , or any damage, was also pretty nice. I know enhanced has a 40% reduction but it just wasn't the same. Other than that, the over all in combat feel was similar.

As TJT said a few days ago, Mistweaver seems to take a little more effort to heal well vs Resto Shaman. I don't know if that is a good or bad thing at this point but just an observation. With the right talents Mistweaver can be a ton more mobile. Both offer AE stuns for 5 mans as a side note.

Other utility of notes:
Shamans have Bloodlust
Shamans have ghost wolf and with the right follower is 100% move speed

I am having a hard time coming up with any utilities that Monk has over the Shaman.
10% AE movement buff as noted by Kuro

As a resto shaman I have a totem that gives everyone around me Movement speed buff.

also what follower gives me 100% movement speed as a wolf?