World of Warcraft: Current Year

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
No power since about 10 AM yesterday because of aforementioned hurricane. Current estimate for restoration (really hoping it's just a placeholder) is Oct 16 at 11:45PM.

GonzytheMage

Golden Knight of the Realm
I was running around Suramar and saw a rare named Ambassador D'vwinn (made extra lol by the fact the Nightfallen = Dark Elves).

Furor still works on WoW, so I wonder if he was behind that ;p

I hope you trained him on the scrubs in the courtyard.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Joined an heroic DHT for first random dungeon of the day. Got kicked for going for a chest before going for a quest mob. Couldn't queue again for like 10 minutes because Blizzard is stupid about that kind of crap, finally was able to queue again and got Vault and thought "goddamnit, really?"

Then this dropped off the second boss:
Ekowraith, Creator of Worlds

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I'm having a problem with my 110 Hunter where he's not being offered high level missions at the order hall mission table. I have three other 110's, so I know upgrading even one follower to certain ilevel thresholds opens you up to receiving missions at and above that ilevel. Since I wasn't getting even level 110 missions I focused all my ilevel upgrades on one follower and got him to 810. Still nothing. I only get weak level 102-105 missions offering super small quantities of gold and weak AP rewards. I very rarely get an ilevel upgrade mission (level 108 or 109?) and have never gotten a follower item mission (to the best of my memory).

Anybody else have this problem? I tried reactivating and deactivating. I guess the next step is trying to get all my followers to 110. Right now all 5 of my followers are rare quality with one approaching epic. I can't even equip them with items because I never get those missions.

Cynn

Golden Knight of the Realm
I am not sure for hunter, but for mage one of the order hall upgrades allowed you to spend order hall resources on champion gear upgrades. You might look at what options you have for your order hall upgrades -- all of my champions are 110 with 810ilvl ++... in fact I have 4 champions at 850 right now.

As a side note, you can upgrade the gear item level on your champions even if they are deactivated. Same thing with the bonus champion experience rewards. Just double click on the upgrade and click the champion, even if they are inactive you can still apply the upgrade / exp.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
I am not sure for hunter, but for mage one of the order hall upgrades allowed you to spend order hall resources on champion gear upgrades.
Every class has those. There's a small variation in other upgrades available, but every class gets:

1) One option for 1 additional troop of each type (which is useless)
2) One option for follower upgrades @ 50 ressources per (which is cheaper than the missions, but you don't decide what you get)
3) One option for a cheap boss loot token (I think 50 ressources as well, rather than the 1000/2000/4000 you'd pay at Timear)
4) The 2 legendary upgrades

Dalien

Registered Hodor
Yeah I've had no problems on my mage either but it's different for each class. Like druids for example don't get work orders for follower upgrades, they get a chance upon mission completion to get a follower upgrade. So they can fall into a trap where they unlock the next tier of missions but have a really hard time completing them to get more upgrades.

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Joined an heroic DHT for first random dungeon of the day. Got kicked for going for a chest before going for a quest mob. Couldn't queue again for like 10 minutes because Blizzard is stupid about that kind of crap, finally was able to queue again and got Vault and thought "goddamnit, really?"

Wow, they kicked a tank for going for the chest which is guaranteed AP? Some people in this game are idiots. I've been playing my Hunter this week and forgot I hadn't done any Mythic +'s on my tank yet and won't play really on Monday. So I look up Group Finder and there is a group that says "We carry, your key" so I click join and link my key. I just wanna get this shit done with and move on. I join and we enter the dungeon. After the first boss in Maw of Souls I look at Skada and I beat the DPS Pally.... So anyways, they are "carrying me" through this dungeon and talking the whole way about how awesome they are. Like a good tanky tank I keep Mark or Ironfur up the whole time. We kill the second boss, I'm still above the "carrying" Pally in damage. Whatever. The healer starts using caps "FOLLOW ME AFTER BOSS" and we go down the stairs to the center. I don't know what this guy thinks his secret tech is. So we sit there for like 15 seconds and the mobs populate and he doesn't say anything. I grab a pack of trash and one of the champions. We burn them down. It's M+ so I immediately grab the next pack. As we are fighting the next pack I grab the last trash pack we need. I've done Maw M+ like 20 times now, I know how many mobs we need to pull. The healer starts yelling in chat "OMG WHAT ARE YOU DOING???? FULL AUTISM!!!!". He then starts bitching about how another 3 chest run is ruined and at this point stops healing me. It's fine. I tank through with out heals. We move on to the captain and he starts healing again. The captain triggers the 100% mobs killed and we move on and finish the dungeon.

Why do people feel the need to insult other people? My tanking skills were just fine. My gear is low (Still ilvl848 as I was before EN dropped) because I just can't get any upgrades to drop. I helped carry and gear out their paladin who was doing 130k DPS on bosses. Like shut the fuck up and thank me for getting you gear....

Also what's up with group finder being pure AIDS right now? World Boss group, must be ilvl 865. Like really? It's like an EQ open world raid. You zerg that shit down and move on.

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>

Does that chest give you a ton of armor or does it only work on the passive you get from your talent selection?

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Any Warriors playing Focused Rage Arms?

i've read all the guides on icy-veins and the warrior Discord but i cant get it down.

i burst to 500k dps and then hold at 300kish for the first 30-45seconds then i slowly drop to 190kish and just sit there

Then i have global's where im just sitting there waiting for auto attack swings so i can have enough rage to slam/FR. Any idea what im doing wrong? I am less mastery than most people in my ilevel range (due to using mostly my Prot gear) maybe thats it?

What's your mastery at? I believe I am at 80%+ currently. Most people are playing mastery or bust on items. Been passing on quite a few ilvl upgrades because I am dropping so much mastery. Make sure you are following the right artifact path and not over using FR past 3. For trinkets go with a static STR/Mastery trinket(s) if you dont have one of; Memento of Angerboda, Chaos Shard, Appendages.

Honestly the rage issue, is the issue every non-legendary gloves/legs warrior is going through. My ST dps is still decent, but its very RNG heavy. When they normalized the Tactician procs and nerfed FR, it made the spec pretty boring. Too bad Fury sucks also. Mythic logs have Arms & Fury 19th & 22nd in dps rankings respectively.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
It is a bit odd that the "secondary stats" have become primary with Legion. Fire mages stacking Crit, Windwalker monks and Arms Warriors etc. stacking Mastery etc. Before people may have enchanted / gemmed to make sure they were getting the maximum from the secondary stat as appropriate, but when they start outweighing the "primary stat" and by a significant margin I wonder if the game designers at Blizzard have misplaced their calculators.

Malinatar

Lord Nagafen Raider
Wow, they kicked a tank for going for the chest which is guaranteed AP? Some people in this game are idiots. I've been playing my Hunter this week and forgot I hadn't done any Mythic +'s on my tank yet and won't play really on Monday. So I look up Group Finder and there is a group that says "We carry, your key" so I click join and link my key. I just wanna get this shit done with and move on. I join and we enter the dungeon. After the first boss in Maw of Souls I look at Skada and I beat the DPS Pally.... So anyways, they are "carrying me" through this dungeon and talking the whole way about how awesome they are. Like a good tanky tank I keep Mark or Ironfur up the whole time. We kill the second boss, I'm still above the "carrying" Pally in damage. Whatever. The healer starts using caps "FOLLOW ME AFTER BOSS" and we go down the stairs to the center. I don't know what this guy thinks his secret tech is. So we sit there for like 15 seconds and the mobs populate and he doesn't say anything. I grab a pack of trash and one of the champions. We burn them down. It's M+ so I immediately grab the next pack. As we are fighting the next pack I grab the last trash pack we need. I've done Maw M+ like 20 times now, I know how many mobs we need to pull. The healer starts yelling in chat "OMG WHAT ARE YOU DOING???? FULL AUTISM!!!!". He then starts bitching about how another 3 chest run is ruined and at this point stops healing me. It's fine. I tank through with out heals. We move on to the captain and he starts healing again. The captain triggers the 100% mobs killed and we move on and finish the dungeon.

Why do people feel the need to insult other people? My tanking skills were just fine. My gear is low (Still ilvl848 as I was before EN dropped) because I just can't get any upgrades to drop. I helped carry and gear out their paladin who was doing 130k DPS on bosses. Like shut the fuck up and thank me for getting you gear....

Also what's up with group finder being pure AIDS right now? World Boss group, must be ilvl 865. Like really? It's like an EQ open world raid. You zerg that shit down and move on.

Yep. You either need to join a guild and do guild runs (who in most cases have a bunch of these dickweeds) or make your own group. When I do, I usually say "Chill Run, no assholes". It's amazing how quickly groups fill up and people are actually somewhat talkative and civil.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
When Sandy hit us in MA I was without power for over a week. Shit sucks

Hurricane charlie was a total mess as well. Went to visit my friend a month after and power was still a bit sketchy and pretty much every hotel/gas station signs were wrecked and debris was still everywhere.

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
Every class has those. There's a small variation in other upgrades available, but every class gets:

2) One option for follower upgrades @ 50 ressources per (which is cheaper than the missions, but you don't decide what you get)
3) One option for a cheap boss loot token (I think 50 ressources as well, rather than the 1000/2000/4000 you'd pay at Timear)

the only exception that doesn't get a cheap bonus token are warriors, we get an "complete a worldquest for free every 18 hours that isn't elite/dungeon" - probably going to change it since originally it worked for elites/dungeon quests and on a 3 day timer

What's your mastery at? I believe I am at 80%+ currently. Most people are playing mastery or bust on items. Been passing on quite a few ilvl upgrades because I am dropping so much mastery. Make sure you are following the right artifact path and not over using FR past 3. For trinkets go with a static STR/Mastery trinket(s) if you dont have one of; Memento of Angerboda, Chaos Shard, Appendages.

Honestly the rage issue, is the issue every non-legendary gloves/legs warrior is going through. My ST dps is still decent, but its very RNG heavy. When they normalized the Tactician procs and nerfed FR, it made the spec pretty boring. Too bad Fury sucks also. Mythic logs have Arms & Fury 19th & 22nd in dps rankings respectively.

thanks, yea im only at 64% still wearing around 80% of my prot gear which is versatility over mastery. need to farm some straight mastery items. I've been using Chronoshard/str+vers trinkets, cant seem to get memento or appendages to drop =/.

I ran Mythic+5 maw yesterday, probably one of the funnest dungeons ive ever run we accidently pulled the 2 5 man packs on the ship toward the end and thanks to an amazing healer everyone survived (mostly guild group) didn't know paladins had it in them to group heal like that. ended up 1 minute off the 3 chest timer at the end.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider

Yup I am mad at myself for picking the one additional troop of each type. It seemed like a good idea at the time because I was pretty limited on army when I went for it. Now that is totally not a limiting factor. Oh well once I finish order hall main stuff up I will go back and swap that.

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
also T minus 3 days until "Legend's of Ragnarok" finish allowing me 2 legendaries and i still dont have 1 =p

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>

I can't figure out the discrepancy between real logs and simcraft results. Do people, even top end raiders, just suck at arms and even fury rotations?

I'll admit I haven't tried either in a sustained situation yet but I've found arms much better than fury for soloing and questing. That +30% damage taken needs to go. It does absolutely nothing except provide a little bit of flavor. I find myself missing having an off-gcd rage dump(FR sucks for questing), for either spec.

When playing fury, what did you use to track enrage? Changing your rotation on whether a 4s self buff is annoying. Arms has the same deal, but it seems an 8s target debuff + tactitian seems to smooth that out mostly.