World of Warcraft: Current Year

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Its no secret that class stacking is still a thing where balance is promised. I'm sure the fights are tuned to the point there's almost no margin for error on top of it. Going into them tonight I think. Pray for my sub rog ass.

I see you made the same mistake I did.

You assume that because Assassinate is a spec that relies on long dots, that it would be crippled on fights with lots of low hp adds or AOE phases, and terrible at critical tasks like breaking players out of MC. And you probably also don't want to deal with getting six fucking relics since assassinate is absolutely garbage at M+ dungeons. All the reasons why assassinate was a poor choice of spec in the past.

However, without the majority of your damage coming from rupture, you will instead be left seething with frustration at your 72% boss uptime because you spent so much of the fight standing in a puddle of piss doing NOTHING while your damage contribution dwindles down towards the tanks.

Of course, you might get lucky. You might not get rot 5-6 fucking times.

Next up, Renferrel. WHO HAS THE SAME FUCKING MECHANIC, only it lasts even longer!

A big problem with artifacts that everyone seems to not notice while they sweat over grinding AP for three fucking specs is the fact that you need 3 good relics for each spec, and can only get those relics while in the appropriate loot spec because there are 6 or 8 different types or whatever. Plus they need to buff a useful trait.

It's way, WAY worse than trying to get top tier weapons for multiple specs.

Hell, I don't have an 865+ bis relic for any spec yet.

Last edited:

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
chest is whatever level of EN you have completed, so if you've killed xavius in heroic you get 865+

i got a decent 860 (it warforged) belt out of it.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Lol I went sub Kreug pal. Real tempting to go assass, esp at the heroic gear level. I'm at 25 points spent atm and do not regret it for one second. I'm stickin' to my guns and going all out sub cuz the math dictates that I must.

Ya know until the other specs fall behind and get overbuffed or w/e.

Like.... get the math right for single target then add movement/damage reduction talents to cover the mechanical shit, right? Guess I'll never know or get a job doing it, kind of a shame, I'd love to do it.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
A big problem with artifacts that everyone seems to not notice while they sweat over grinding AP for three fucking specs is the fact that you need 3 good relics for each spec, and can only get those relics while in the appropriate loot spec because there are 6 or 8 different types or whatever. Plus they need to buff a useful trait.

I agree with the artifact shit. I would have rather seen a system that just morphs your weapon based off spec you're in and Relics were shared between all specs. The trait could be "unlocked" when you find a relic with that trait and you could mix and match from whatever traits you've unlocked. It could follow the same rules as Talents in terms of where/when you could swap traits. As it stands, my spec is a trait-focused one over pure Relic ILVL focus and within that, you need to decide whether you want AoE traits or single target traits. Either way I don't think I've found a relic worth using since the first week mythic+ unlocked.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Nigron, you might want to check the fine print. Sub only pulls ahead if you have legendary boots.

But yes I'd rather play sub also.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
I see you made the same mistake I did.

You assume that because Assassinate is a spec that relies on long dots, that it would be crippled on fights with lots of low hp adds or AOE phases, and terrible at critical tasks like breaking players out of MC. And you probably also don't want to deal with getting six fucking relics since assassinate is absolutely garbage at M+ dungeons. All the reasons why assassinate was a poor choice of spec in the past.

However, without the majority of your damage coming from rupture, you will instead be left seething with frustration at your 72% boss uptime because you spent so much of the fight standing in a puddle of piss doing NOTHING while your damage contribution dwindles down towards the tanks.

Of course, you might get lucky. You might not get rot 5-6 fucking times.

Next up, Renferrel. WHO HAS THE SAME FUCKING MECHANIC, only it lasts even longer!

I think some of the relic pain depends on the class. For me as main boomkin offspec resto it has not been to big of an issue. Life and arcane relics have been pretty common WQ's at least to start and frost has shown up enough time I have some decent relics for that for my resto staff. Some classes may have a harder time if they don't have shared relic types. I do think artifacts do make offspecs a bit harder to do in some respects but with the changes to the gear stuff on trinkets/necks and what not it is a lot easier to at least be useful in an offspec without having to have a totally second set of gear as we used to do before.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Shit, all three of my off spec weapons are at 875+. So many relics drop for me and most are shared across 2 or more specs for druids.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Also withered fuckbag dropped nothing but gold for me on my 2 characters and wont give me bonus rolls on subsequent kills.

He also didn't offer me bonus rolls on subsequent kills. Oh well.

And Withered Jim wasn't supposed to pop again this week. The quality control on this expac has been absurdly low compared to previous expansions (or so it feels).

Anyone know if timewalk dungeons can drop legendaries if you're 110?

You actually don't need to be 110 to get a legendary. It's very highly unlikely that you'll see a legendary before 110 because you don't have access to all the content that rewards legendaries, but I've heard of people getting legendaries while leveling.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Furfags use weapon damage for mangle, maul, and swipe. Warriors only use it for devastate. 20 more weapon levels is not going to get you much more threat.

Dalien

Registered Hodor
Could have been hotfixed, I read some posts yesterday from others saying they were using all their bonus rolls on him which is why I tried in the first place. There's also lots of complaints from people not getting loot and/or credit on their first kill so it's also possible it's just buggy as fuck.

I guess I'll give it another try when I get home tonight so I can have my dreams crushed again.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
They hotfixed Withered Jim 3-5 times in a single day last week, wouldn't surprise me if he got more. I definitely killed him once last week, no bonus roll, then went back and killed him again to use bonus roll (after trinket sims came out). Dunno if you can multi-bonus roll on one boss, though.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
When they changed non-Mythic raids to save you per looted boss instead of per-instance they made it so that you could coin any given boss as many times as you killed it. I'm not sure if they've reversed their thinking on that or restricted it to instanced-only bosses.

Dalien

Registered Hodor
Well you definitely couldn't bonus roll Kazzak more than once in WoD which is why I thought it was weird that people were doing it on Withered Jim. I just killed him twice more (once grouped, once tagged out of group) and didn't get a bonus roll either time so don't bother unless there's some super secret trick to it.