World of Warcraft: Current Year

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
chest is whatever level of EN you have completed, so if you've killed xavius in heroic you get 865+

i got a decent 860 (it warforged) belt out of it.
That's probably like the WoD scheme; you get a chest based on progression from class hall stuff, but the timewalking chest is at a fixed level.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Might start playing with my gf casually in the next week , how are the racial traits nowadays? I haven't played since late 2007.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
It's entirely possible that since I don't have a Mage that's 800+ ilvl, that I just don't know what I'm missing, but as a Destro Warlock spec'ed for Cleave, I'm just SHREDDING meters in normal/timewalking dungeons. It's fun as fuck! Especially normal and much less so in TW, as those have some geared dudes in them for sure.

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Might start playing with my gf casually in the next week , how are the racial traits nowadays? I haven't played since late 2007.
They are all a pretty small bump and generally make up a 2% DPS difference or less. If you wanna go full hardcore Blood Elf is the bast for almost every single class. I personally chose what looked cool.

GonzytheMage

Golden Knight of the Realm
I've finally decided what class I'm going with after 110 warrior, mage, druid, shaman, rogue... the winner is SHAMAN!

I really like how consistent the rotation and damage is with enhancement. Resto has plenty of tools to deal with all scenarios. Plus my tmog on Tauren is on point.

Really hate how much time I waste dicking around trying to feel what works best for me, but it's better than hating logging in to play on raid nights.

I really despise raiding on my mage atm. The numbers are great but the delivery is not my style. I was really flaking out Tuesday on our EN clear, hopefully after I gear my shaman up and make the switch raiding will be more interesting.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
We raided Heroic last night and our tank didnt show up, so instead of pugging one - I decided we just take my Monk and go that route. In hindsight, after reading up I know what I could have done better but the differences that it would have made would have been marginal at best. We were fine doing Il'ganoth, but Ursoc was just a struggle. Two Beacons on me from two paladins and a Druid to help - Two of which are the best healers I know. Much more of a struggle than I have ever encountered with another class tanking Ursoc. Simply put, the Brewmaster monk is in a horrible, horrible spot when it comes to anything that actually puts out significant damage. Again, I could have done things a little differently to put myself into a better bracket but its not my main class. Looking at the bracket, we saw that I was placing only out of 900 brewmaster tanks, compared to the thousands of other types. To say Im shelfing my monk as a tank is an understatement.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
We raided Heroic last night and our tank didnt show up, so instead of pugging one - I decided we just take my Monk and go that route. In hindsight, after reading up I know what I could have done better but the differences that it would have made would have been marginal at best. We were fine doing Il'ganoth, but Ursoc was just a struggle. Two Beacons on me from two paladins and a Druid to help - Two of which are the best healers I know. Much more of a struggle than I have ever encountered with another class tanking Ursoc. Simply put, the Brewmaster monk is in a horrible, horrible spot when it comes to anything that actually puts out significant damage. Again, I could have done things a little differently to put myself into a better bracket but its not my main class. Looking at the bracket, we saw that I was placing only out of 900 brewmaster tanks, compared to the thousands of other types. To say Im shelfing my monk as a tank is an understatement.

I am at 860 on my BRM and I've done a +6 (but not in time). I was really pushing it and I have some very key trinkets to mitigate damage on a regular basis (legendary shield neck, 865 titanforge Purjesh's Medallion, 850 Shard of Rokmora) which help a TON. I'm also pretty confident in my ability to know when to use the right brews now.

That being said. I haven't raided with him on anything but I'll go try LFR or something. And I MIGHT try a +7. But I have serious doubts about how it would go.

The Last Brewmaster needs some stronger mitigation tools and utility.

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
I am at 860 on my BRM and I've done a +6 (but not in time). I was really pushing it and I have some very key trinkets to mitigate damage on a regular basis (legendary shield neck, 865 titanforge Purjesh's Medallion, 850 Shard of Rokmora) which help a TON. I'm also pretty confident in my ability to know when to use the right brews now.

That being said. I haven't raided with him on anything but I'll go try LFR or something. And I MIGHT try a +7. But I have serious doubts about how it would go.

The Last Brewmaster needs some stronger mitigation tools and utility.
Would say mythic 6+ > all nirmal raid bosses right now, but then again I'm a druid and can sorta tank longer than mechanics intend with all my cd's

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Brewmaster and Demon Hunter tanks need help stat. The masses are catching up on many of the try hard grinders, as I see more and more in the heroic raid queue.

I feel bad for people that don't get invited because of class. The rest of the raid is like "lol what kind of autistic MORON makes a demon hunter tank" and I'm like I dunno some poor guy following the Death Knight trend who didn't want exactly this to happen? Maybe he actually wanted to be something else and went with his best guess now he's eating shit despite having 870 item level from grinding mythic+s with his pals?

Just throw a bandaid on them until whatever grand scheme to redesign comes to fruition?

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I learned last night that Druids can solo tank Elerethe Renferral (Spider boss in EN) on heroic. Seriously solo tanked the entire fight. Other tank may as well have been a dps.

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
I learned last night that Druids can solo tank Elerethe Renferral (Spider boss in EN) on heroic. Seriously solo tanked the entire fight. Other tank may as well have been a dps.
Ya can always have a CD for raking talons with debuff to make it hit for jack shit

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I do love discussing this and I honestly have not seen a DH tank in a while. They're about as common as Brewmasters.

My opinion on this is that mathematically mitigation is always > self-heal or stagger. Which is why the non-mitigation tanks are all worse off than the more traditional mitigation tanks (War/Pal/Dru). While this fits a cool theme in the class fantasy... and okay for normal content it just sucks when shit actually hits hard as fuck.

Daidraco

Thats something that Booze brings up a lot. Druid tanks just do everything better, and its easier. Warrior Tanks are comparable, but there is a noticeable difference. Paladin tanks seem like they are "okay" and then the scale drops significantly to DK's and even further for the rest. I didnt see it until last night and was just totally put off from it. So much so that I dont even want to play my monk anymore.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Daidraco

Oh and tanking Normal on my BM was a snooze in comparison to that Heroic Ursoc fight. I could have better trinkets, enchants, food, flasks and runes, better use of purify, zen med etc. but Im still going to get raped as a BM on that encounter.

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
almost fucked myself, trying to get an angerboa from ymiron and switched loot to arms and legendary dropped, thankfully it was the bracers which drop for arms and prot. i almost lost my shit when i saw orange and thinking it was offspec.

also funny since in 4 hours i can actually equip 2 legendaries...time to farm another.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
Brewmaster and Demon Hunter tanks need help stat. The masses are catching up on many of the try hard grinders, as I see more and more in the heroic raid queue.

I feel bad for people that don't get invited because of class. The rest of the raid is like "lol what kind of autistic MORON makes a demon hunter tank" and I'm like I dunno some poor guy following the Death Knight trend who didn't want exactly this to happen? Maybe he actually wanted to be something else and went with his best guess now he's eating shit despite having 870 item level from grinding mythic+s with his pals?

Just throw a bandaid on them until whatever grand scheme to redesign comes to fruition?

Our main tank is a DH and through 4/7 M he's doing fine. He's one of our best players though and that certainly makes a difference. They're certainly not unplayable in raids.

Now for M+? He's working on a Druid to make the 10+ runs easier, but our Fire Mage/Fury Warr/Ass Rogue/Resto Druid/DH Tank M+ group has no trouble up through 9.

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
Our MT is a DH, myself and a DK switch the off tank spot atm. we are working on mythic Nythendra. i think he's around 875 ilevel but was able to tank through a +10, they missed the timer by a bit, but he is also a legit good player. My last guild had a DH tank who was the same i level as me at the time 855ish and couldn't keep himself up through a lot of the fights and was too focused on how much dps he could do instead of actually trying to stay alive (there is a lot of overlap for DH in that area though). DH's are fine, there is just a very high margin of shitty shitty DH at the moment much like there were monks/dk's in their respective expansions.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Well that's the thing isn't it? I am no rockstar cutting edge player squeezing every possible % out of my Brewmaster by any means. But I am very comptetent at it. Meanwhile a drooling Druid tank or Warrior can get up to Mythic +7 or +9 while not being as competent in comparison.

I still love my Brewmaster and will continue playing it.

Daidraco

Oh, the group succeeded with my Monk tanking, but how much was I carried? How much are your healers carrying your DH? If that same group had a druid or even a warrior in that same position - how much easier would that content be? Thats the real question.

Speaking of item level and gear - I fell prey to this hole on Akylie and somewhere between 860 and 868 I lost 30k dps in my sim results. Im positive it was my trinkets that seemed like obvious upgrades, but since I DE'd those afterwards - I have no way to test it. So basically, everytime I get a piece of gear - Im running sim results and making sure that its an upgrade. I dont usually watch videos on WoW but damn if this video doesnt hit a f'n home run. Especially if you arent even aware of how much you're fucking yourself with just pure item level upgrade mentality.