World of Warcraft: Current Year

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
I got my first today - same day i got my ability to wear two. I was lucky and got the ring with extra dmg proc(see profile). However i still think the system is pure trash and think Bliz is being run by idiots in this department for trying to implement d3 system into wow. There should be "1" sure fire way to get a legendary and it shouldnt be easy and it can be gated. However so long as the player feels like and notices that they are working to something like we did with the rings and equip before then, its all good.

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
Not gonna defend their lopsided design, but I assume from blue posts that the goal for legendaries was getting a "Wow!" effect from random loot, as opposed to earning it over a longer timeframe. I have to say I like that idea - the items should have been awesome stats and a unique utility effect though, instead of unique effects that boost combat effectiveness by 20% or more.

wanand

Bronze Knight of the Realm
So I ran simcraft on my sp. Which is ilyena on anderhal and it kicked back to me that my stat priorities are int = mastery = crit > vers > haste? That seems way wrong

Simcraft just seems off to me at the moment, I run it on my prot paladin and it gave me Crit as my top stat but everywhere you look that is the worst stat currently for Prot.

Discord class channels seems the best source of information now days

Nite1

<WoW Guild Officer>
If you notice, those are all instant cast. Im guessing you have it on high movement? Keep in mind that you're never at that percentage of movement in any EN fight.

It was set to the default patchwerk style fight, so I'm assuming very little movement. Maybe I need to play with it more but I'm very certain It was set for little movement because I was curious what the max damage my current item setup could put out.

W wanand thanks for the heads up. Good to know I'm not the only one getting goofy responses. I'll have to check out the discord pages. Do those have specific threads or is it more, wading through everyones comments?

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
The best way imo to handle this new item system is kind of annoying. Download Pawn or any other weighting / upgrade addon. Then install simcraft, go to the options and turn on all weighting. Then look at the type of player you think you are, and adjust those options. (You'll get slightly different weights depending on your play style and movement amount.) Run the simulation on your character and find the weights in the results. Switch back over to wow and put those weights into your weighting addon. That way you can simply scroll over whatever item to find its true upgrade value. My Mage for example, Gloves that give him 700 crit and 200 mastery at 850ilvl are better than gloves that are 470 Haste, 470 Versatility at 870ilvl.
I've been doing that this week, and just found out that the "default" profile for SPriest is based on assuming you're using the S2M talent.

Which sounds reasonable, but requires you to be good enough to play with fire (or die. Horribly).

So if you're not speced S2M, you've got an entirely different set of stat priorities coming out of Simcraft (instead of haste/crit/mastery/int, it's crit/int/haste). Oh, and be careful about the profile: it assumes you're eating haste food, even if you don't use S2M and it's not the right food. It throws off a bit the scaling. Probably not enough to matter, but still.

But yea, Simcraft+Pawn are your friends. Learn to love them.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
It is insane that somebody needs to run simulationcraft in order to figure out what is an upgrade.
Blizzard made a remark that they're not really happy with that situation. Their goal is that ilvl (in effect, your main stat) should be the main driver of upgrades, with the secondary being a differentiator between items around the same ilvl range. So a normal drop should be better than a LFR drop, no matter what (outside of forge/socket procs).

Having secondary stats with a higher impact on your role than primary defeats that.

Nite1

<WoW Guild Officer>
I've been doing that this week, and just found out that the "default" profile for SPriest is based on assuming you're using the S2M talent.

Which sounds reasonable, but requires you to be good enough to play with fire (or die. Horribly).

So if you're not speced S2M, you've got an entirely different set of stat priorities coming out of Simcraft (instead of haste/crit/mastery/int, it's crit/int/haste). Oh, and be careful about the profile: it assumes you're eating haste food, even if you don't use S2M and it's not the right food. It throws off a bit the scaling. Probably not enough to matter, but still.

But yea, Simcraft+Pawn are your friends. Learn to love them.

I actually really like pawn and have numbers a shadow priest named sin3stra recommended. S2m and shadow priests are what brought me back to wow. I love the play style of it and how rewarding it is currently

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
I actually really like pawn and have numbers a shadow priest named sin3stra recommended. S2m and shadow priests are what brought me back to wow. I love the play style of it and how rewarding it is currently
Oh, it's probably very good for a significant segment of the shadow priests.

However, there's no denying that the 7.x Shadow Priest gameplay is an order of magnitude more demanding than any of the previous iterations, and is completely incompatible with casual players. My guild is fairly casual, and no one except me is playing shadow priest, and that's only because we had too many healers last expansion and I switched to dps role. I've switched loot specs because I'm going to gear back to holy and am currently putting all my AP in the holy staff. Because fuck that; I'm 53 and I'm no longer compatible with switching mental gears every 40s because my entire spellcasting priority just changed.

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
Sumdain x Sumdain x Can you link those logs? Is the spikes from having shield block down that bad? Might as well just get a druid then.

At work atm so i cant link them but just check www.warcraftlogs.com look me up in the search bar "knebula" on thrall. i am parsing in the top 79% of least damage taken on heroic xavius for warriors that are within 2-3 of my ilevel (870) i didn't respec after tree so that 79% is also without ultimatum/vengeance since i generally spec avatar/booming voice for a dps boost on the tree.

you can also search on the main page for mythic kills (Ursoc/renferal should be a decent metric) and look at the stats of the top warriors vs damage taken and see what gear they are stacking.

Noodle is right, before the nerf using shield block didn't matter i could keep nearly 90% uptime on IP, we weren't in Heroic at the time so that would be different. i kept a 1.2 million absorb shield throughout most of the nythendra fight only dropping it when i had volatile rot and usually built it back up before i had to tank again, the rage spent on SB didn't matter. i was ~19% vers at the time, since getting in heroic ive dropped vers down to 5% but my haste is at 21% and mastery at 52%.

Nite1

<WoW Guild Officer>
Oh, it's probably very good for a significant segment of the shadow priests.

However, there's no denying that the 7.x Shadow Priest gameplay is an order of magnitude more demanding than any of the previous iterations, and is completely incompatible with casual players. My guild is fairly casual, and no one except me is playing shadow priest, and that's only because we had too many healers last expansion and I switched to dps role. I've switched loot specs because I'm going to gear back to holy and am currently putting all my AP in the holy staff. Because fuck that; I'm 53 and I'm no longer compatible with switching mental gears every 40s because my entire spellcasting priority just changed.
Oh no doubt. The last 90 seconds of almost any fight are extremely tense trying not to fuck up and that playstyles not for everyone. Still give yourself some credit your not that old to learn a new trick. I actually wish the guild I'm in wasn't so casual because if It wasn't for Noodleface Noodleface Friday raids I wouldn't even be halfway through EN and not even touching heroic. Just wish I could log on for the mon night runs. Damn adult responsibilities!

Cynn

Golden Knight of the Realm
Not gonna defend their lopsided design, but I assume from blue posts that the goal for legendaries was getting a "Wow!" effect from random loot, as opposed to earning it over a longer timeframe. I have to say I like that idea - the items should have been awesome stats and a unique utility effect though, instead of unique effects that boost combat effectiveness by 20% or more.

I think the bigger problem is their current design really doesn't give a 'wow' moment. And there is so much dissatisfaction with the legion legendary system that I don't think they can even salvage it at this point.

And really... people who do get a legendary probably feel a relief for finally getting one... and then their next feeling is another relief if it is good... or more dissatisfaction if they are unlucky with the kind of drop they got. I don't think the feeling they wanted players to feel is even part of it anymore at this point in time.

But... super congrats though, I am glad you got a useful legendary. :)

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Oh no doubt. The last 90 seconds of almost any fight are extremely tense trying not to fuck up and that playstyles not for everyone. Still give yourself some credit your not that old to learn a new trick. I actually wish the guild I'm in wasn't so casual because if It wasn't for Noodleface Noodleface Friday raids I wouldn't even be halfway through EN and not even touching heroic. Just wish I could log on for the mon night runs. Damn adult responsibilities!
As we get better I imagine we'll clear both in one night. Working on it.

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
ilvl850 now

Went 6/7 in Heroic Emerald Nightmare last night in my first official raid. One shot everything except for spiderbird who took an hour.
Consistently a close third place in the healing charts but i'm healing against people with 10 more ilvl than me.
Guild has a whole day Thursday to get Heroic Xavious down.

I have yet to run normal mode EM.

I still have 10 days left on my first month of legion this game is stupid easy I'm going to take this guild into Mythics on my shoulders alone.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I think the bigger problem is their current design really doesn't give a 'wow' moment. And there is so much dissatisfaction with the legion legendary system that I don't think they can even salvage it at this point.

And really... people who do get a legendary probably feel a relief for finally getting one... and then their next feeling is another relief if it is good... or more dissatisfaction if they are unlucky with the kind of drop they got. I don't think the feeling they wanted players to feel is even part of it anymore at this point in time.

But... super congrats though, I am glad you got a useful legendary. :)

The WOW effect would be way better if the items effects weren't so drastic. Going from not useful (CC ring), kinda useful (shield amulet), class changing (fire mage bracer).

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
At work atm so i cant link them but just check www.warcraftlogs.com look me up in the search bar "knebula" on thrall. i am parsing in the top 79% of least damage taken on heroic xavius for warriors that are within 2-3 of my ilevel (870) i didn't respec after tree so that 79% is also without ultimatum/vengeance since i generally spec avatar/booming voice for a dps boost on the tree.

you can also search on the main page for mythic kills (Ursoc/renferal should be a decent metric) and look at the stats of the top warriors vs damage taken and see what gear they are stacking.

Noodle is right, before the nerf using shield block didn't matter i could keep nearly 90% uptime on IP, we weren't in Heroic at the time so that would be different. i kept a 1.2 million absorb shield throughout most of the nythendra fight only dropping it when i had volatile rot and usually built it back up before i had to tank again, the rage spent on SB didn't matter. i was ~19% vers at the time, since getting in heroic ive dropped vers down to 5% but my haste is at 21% and mastery at 52%.

So, I can't figure out how to get from the logs to what gear they're wearing. The logs have it record obviously since it tells me what gear they are wearing, they just won't tell me the stats.

Warcraft Logs - Combat Analysis for Warcraft

I'm not sure using best-ranking logs is a good idea for comparison. I would prefer mean to eliminate the effect of lucky strings of shield block. Which is why I'm guessing on some fights you see a few warriors near the top but then it drops off to mostly druids. I can see the amount they blocked, but without knowing how much they should have blocked, it's quite useless.

Well, keeping up IP 100% of the time is just silly. If that's going on, who cares how you gear or play? I guess the IP nerf was warranted.

I can see getting enough haste to keep up shield block as a priority if spikes really are that bad. But after obtaining that haste, why focus on mastery next? More critical block chance reintroduces those spikes while versatility is still a better mitigation stat.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Yay legendary research complete,....oh wait i dont even have my 1st.

Same for me.

Also finally was able to finish Suramar since Xavious was finally put in LFR.

Think I made like 60K AP yesterday...with the WQ, and all the quest I completed after Xavious. A lot gave between 6K-9K AP each.

3 points and I'll the final Gold Artifact trait...with 6 points left after that to get all the artifact traits. Might be AK rank 9, but it's still slow as hell. I will switch to the Havoc DPS artifact after the final gold trait for a while though. The last 2 skills aren't a big deal. I'll get more bang doing the Havoc artifact for a while, and get back to the Vengeance when my AK is higher.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yeah its a bit tedious. Took me a bit longer than 30 minutes all together.

I think my RNG just hated me the other night. Last night I logged in and got the 5 remaining gems in 2 artifact areas took about 20 minutes.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
I think my RNG just hated me the other night. Last night I logged in and got the 5 remaining gems in 2 artifact areas took about 20 minutes.
Or they upped the drop rate on the Tuesday maintenance?

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I have an artifact question. I know that I can fill out my weapon's skills for my main spec. Can I also, given enough Artifact points, also fill out my secondary artifact weapon or is there a total cap for a character? I am thinking about using some points for my healing spec and do not want to some how have to respec just to finish my main.