World of Warcraft: Current Year

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Those look like tanking weights. Versatility and AC(and bonus ac for a few classes) definitely out weigh main stat.

Aamry

Blackwing Lair Raider
I've run the sim a few times, with different parameters, and if anything it keeps devaluing agility over armor and versatility.

And yes, tanking.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
It's not a decision you have to make anywhere except trinkets, so I wouldn't worry that much about your weights being wrong there.

I don't know the AGI tank classes that well, but I know for warrior, versatility and ac are king. I believe str is next and probably only because of IP. I can't think of any other warrior mitigation ability where ap/str factor in, so it shouldn't surprise tanks that their main stat isn't that valuable.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Of course there are exceptions. I didn't mean to imply that seals should be your only usage of OH resources. Just compared to gold, especially after finishing questing, it seems easier to accumulate 7k OH resources than it does 7k gold.
That's wrong. 7k Gold is easy to make, 7k OR is gated behind a bunch of stuff like WQ and maybe rare treasures. I was behind on the last research and had blown a bunch on ugprading the class hall set because I was impatient and wanted at least the 4pc at 830/840 and needed to earn 6k OR. I couldn't sell my stash of chaos crystals or ley crystals or arkhana for the OR, but I could easily do some WQ and make money by disenchanting or selling food (and even selling the continual tide of grey items I loot).

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I have my companion equipped with an item that gives me 100 Order Resources whenever I complete a WQ. I think I have over 30K resources now with nothing to spend them on. :)

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Speaking of gold, the archaelogy quest this week rewards a grey item that vendors for 5k gold. Fucking around the AH is about a hundred times faster though but its an option if anyone needs a tiny bit of $$$

I have my companion equipped with an item that gives me 100 Order Resources whenever I complete a WQ. I think I have over 30K resources now with nothing to spend them on. :)

You can have two order resource items equipped too. Probably not same ones but one 100 and one 75 for a cool 175 per WQ :D

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Speaking of gold, the archaelogy quest this week rewards a grey item that vendors for 5k gold. Fucking around the AH is about a hundred times faster though but its an option if anyone needs a tiny bit of $$$

You can have two order resource items equipped too. Probably not same ones but one 100 and one 75 for a cool 175 per WQ :D

Been chipping away at that one I have gotten 1 of the six gems so far out of like 7 full clears of archeology areas not really sure its worth the effort but I keep working to see if I can get it.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Been chipping away at that one I have gotten 1 of the six gems so far out of like 7 full clears of archeology areas not really sure its worth the effort but I keep working to see if I can get it.

Yeah its a bit tedious. Took me a bit longer than 30 minutes all together.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Took me a hell of a lot longer than 30 mins. I would say it was around 30 mins for each gem.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Took me a hell of a lot longer than 30 mins. I would say it was around 30 mins for each gem.

Woah, no way. Maybe I got lucky? I got two gems on back to back sites and then rest were from every 2-3 site.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider

I spent an hour and a half on it so far for 1 gem. Honestly if I just harvested scale critters I could probably make more than 5k in the time this thing is taking.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
I basically got one on my third try at one area when I first got the quest and then spent the rest of that play session getting nothing.

xzi

Mouthbreather

I did about 25 solves last week and only got 2 gems. No fucking way am I even touching that stupid ass retarded fuck cunt shit again

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
That quest is horrid. The jewel drops are so rare. I am only doing it cause of the skin from the arch achievement, otherwise I wouldn't of even bothered with this one. I guess its to balance the last one which took like 5 minutes and you were done.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
According to? I'm having a hard time finding data that compares them. I don't consider ac because bonus armor doesn't exist anymore.

According to weights from simcraft. Yes, the recent patch notes specifically states that protection warrior is still a work in progress, so the results should be taken with some reservation. But with how much versatility and ac(yeah, you don't have to worry about this stat anymore, I just use it as example) override str, it's hard to see them being wrong unless something is incredibly wrong with their model. It's not like the prot rotation is hard.