World of Warcraft: Current Year

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
I have an artifact question. I know that I can fill out my weapon's skills for my main spec. Can I also, given enough Artifact points, also fill out my secondary artifact weapon or is there a total cap for a character? I am thinking about using some points for my healing spec and do not want to some how have to respec just to finish my main.
Yes. You can max out (34 traits) every artifact. After you get all traits on any given artifact you can continue to put points into it that just give flat stat/dmg/type things.

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
So, I can't figure out how to get from the logs to what gear they're wearing. The logs have it record obviously since it tells me what gear they are wearing, they just won't tell me the stats.

Warcraft Logs - Combat Analysis for Warcraft

I'm not sure using best-ranking logs is a good idea for comparison. I would prefer mean to eliminate the effect of lucky strings of shield block. Which is why I'm guessing on some fights you see a few warriors near the top but then it drops off to mostly druids. I can see the amount they blocked, but without knowing how much they should have blocked, it's quite useless.

Well, keeping up IP 100% of the time is just silly. If that's going on, who cares how you gear or play? I guess the IP nerf was warranted.

I can see getting enough haste to keep up shield block as a priority if spikes really are that bad. But after obtaining that haste, why focus on mastery next? More critical block chance reintroduces those spikes while versatility is still a better mitigation stat.

That's fair, you can see the items equipped but you cant see the stats but you can kinda math it out how much haste/vers/mastery etc they had.

Mastery increases block and crit block chance but it also adds AP which contributes to IP so it double dips a bit. there is also the problem of Vers gear, if you look in EN only 2-3 pieces have vers, the chest from Nythendra (probably bis for warriors), ring from nythendra crit/vers is garbage, and i believe there are crit/vers shoulders (may be worth it since all the shoulders have shitty crit on them) so unless you can farm Mythic+'s and get super lucky with the deep loot tables you're stuck with crit on shoulders for the str/sta over the 850 ones.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
I will say that having completed my third golden trait I find myself feeling a lot less motivated to finish off the remaining 8-ish points to get to the flat-stat. At this point the traits I have left are, by selection effect, rather bleh and the only reason I'd pursue further is to reach that 35th point.

I wonder if they have any plan to extend / expand the Artifacts themselves in the later patches? It would be kinda cool if they did something later on.

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
I will say that having completed my third golden trait I find myself feeling a lot less motivated to finish off the remaining 8-ish points to get to the flat-stat. At this point the traits I have left are, by selection effect, rather bleh and the only reason I'd pursue further is to reach that 35th point.

I wonder if they have any plan to extend / expand the Artifacts themselves in the later patches? It would be kinda cool if they did something later on.
I'd start dumping points into offspecs and just "finishing" main spec when your AK is high

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
yea i have all my gold traits, my other traits are 2/4/6% extra thunderclap damage, 2/4/6% extra revenge damage and 1/2/3% extra stamina. none of these are appealing at the end of all that though is 10% extra armor which is pretty legit.

I'm dropping points into Arms atm got it up to 20, and i may start working on Fury in the mean time.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
That's fair, you can see the items equipped but you cant see the stats but you can kinda math it out how much haste/vers/mastery etc they had.

Mastery increases block and crit block chance but it also adds AP which contributes to IP so it double dips a bit. there is also the problem of Vers gear, if you look in EN only 2-3 pieces have vers, the chest from Nythendra (probably bis for warriors), ring from nythendra crit/vers is garbage, and i believe there are crit/vers shoulders (may be worth it since all the shoulders have shitty crit on them) so unless you can farm Mythic+'s and get super lucky with the deep loot tables you're stuck with crit on shoulders for the str/sta over the 850 ones.

Oh yeah, it still comes down to available gear. Which means BiS, *if* you accept versatility then mastery as your main stats, is pvp gear. Fun...feels like TBC all over again.

Getting a titanforged amulet from those WQs is probably BiS for quite a while.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
I feel as though I need to keep two pawn strings - one based on the BIS profile, and one with my right-now stats. And then just keep shit in my bags.

Right now I'm so mastery starved that it's almost worth as much as agi. Oops.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
I have an artifact question. I know that I can fill out my weapon's skills for my main spec. Can I also, given enough Artifact points, also fill out my secondary artifact weapon or is there a total cap for a character? I am thinking about using some points for my healing spec and do not want to some how have to respec just to finish my main.

You will be gaining AP until the end of legion most likely so should eventually have all of your stuff capped out sooner or later if you play long enough.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
ilvl850 now

Went 6/7 in Heroic Emerald Nightmare last night in my first official raid. One shot everything except for spiderbird who took an hour.
Consistently a close third place in the healing charts but i'm healing against people with 10 more ilvl than me.
Guild has a whole day Thursday to get Heroic Xavious down.

I have yet to run normal mode EM.

I still have 10 days left on my first month of legion this game is stupid easy I'm going to take this guild into Mythics on my shoulders alone.
Nice and easy when you join a guild already clearing heroic

Just last week you were asking on discord "how do I get to the raid"

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I feel as though I need to keep two pawn strings - one based on the BIS profile, and one with my right-now stats. And then just keep shit in my bags.

Right now I'm so mastery starved that it's almost worth as much as agi. Oops.

Two pawn strings is definitely one way to do it. I generally keep stuff around if it might be an upgrade later, I'm not really lacking for bank space. I already have three strings for prot, arms, and fury and it's confusing when I'm arms and the stupid thing highlights a drop as an upgrade for prot. Add even more strings to that just reduces the convenience of that cute green up arrow and tooltip outline.

Actually, is there a setting for that in pawn? If I'm not prot specced, don't calculate and/or compare prot scores.

Noodleface Noodleface that sounds like you weren't in the raid group that tagged him for loot. Like, some rarer mobs for quests will be engaged by opposite faction, I can still tag it for quest credit but I won't get loot.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
Question for you simcraft guys. Can I do sims with multi targets but not pure AE? Something like 3 or 4 targets with a priority? As a mage, single target stat weights don't give any credit to mastery, but the moment you add a second target it jumps up to 3rd behind Crit and Int. I'd love to be really objective about this in a tool, but pure single target or pure AE just aren't real world scenarios.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
You can modify the action list to only use certain sub lists and/or actions based on the number of targets available. For instance, in my AOE list, I include raging blow, a single target ability, up to 3 mobs.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Kind of absurd to grind that much on a weapon that were just tossing after this xpac

Also losing the tools and stats you gain from it.. Seems like shit design

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
To be fair you threw away your weapon from last expansion pack that you put hours of raiding or whatever in to getting. I mean, assuming that all of the hours of farming and grinding the previous raids were culminated at the final raid.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Honestly it is a semi decent way to do an AAXP. And it is one they can easily keep changing on an expansion to expansion basis. I do like the fact at 110 I am still getting at least small improvements at a reasonable clip for my weapon.