World of Warcraft: Current Year

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Just to reiterate if you want to to roll with us Friday for normals and Mondays for heroic just add noodleface #1412. Dps or healers are welcome. Tanks are filled up. 9pm to midnight est.

We do a couple bosses in heroic on Friday so if you want to hit every boss join both days.

We aren't struggling for people to raid with us but I like to open it up to new good people.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Hit me up anytime, Friday nights I give priority to guildies that sign up on calendar, then xrealmers, then i fill the rest with whoever else wants to come.

Just as a heads up thing

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
I feel like I'm grinding my face off in mythic+ and never getting any upgrades. It's agonizing seeing drop after drop with the wrong stats or just a side grade item.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The wrong stats? How are you running Mythic + and not knowing exactly what you can or cant get?

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
If you're not liking the mastery focus of arms, haste for fury is almost as bad.

What do you mean by better than advertised? In sims, fury and arms are pretty close. I still can't figure out why fury is so underperforming. Is it mostly herd mentality and only the bads are playing fury?

Haste is Fury's strongest stat, but does not carry nearly the same weight Mastery does for Arms. That's very well known amongst warrior forums/Discord where ilvl just about always takes the cake for Fury, as where if an item doesn't have mastery for Arms, you're screwed.

Fury is just not as good as Arms. There is no other way to put it. Arms is substantially better single target dps. Fury can do better in the aoe department, but it sucks so bad even in aoe compared to other specs you might as well take the Arms warrior and have him priority single target. "Skyhold" is the warrior Discord btw.

Most players are playing Arms, because its simply better right now. So yeah, in some form or another "worse players" are playing the spec because its not as good as the other option. Not that either option is good.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Loots still isolated to that particular instance. Its just extra fucking RNG. Not only the item you want that drops from that instance, but if its also Titan Forged and worth a flying fk.

I wont lie, I originally wanted them to nerf the shit out of Titan Forged drop rate too. But now that theyve done it, its so f'n low that if I have a higher item level than the base item level of the dungeon - I have little to no interest in running the shit. Looking through the loot list of the guilds drops - I didnt see anything over a 10 item level upgrade over the standard item in almost a weeks worth of logs.

I figured they would need to play with it a little bit to figure out where they wanted to take it, but now its just too low. At least in my opinion it is.

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
Haste is Fury's strongest stat, but does not carry nearly the same weight Mastery does for Arms. That's very well known amongst warrior forums/Discord where ilvl just about always takes the cake for Fury, as where if an item doesn't have mastery for Arms, you're screwed.

Fury is just not as good as Arms. There is no other way to put it. Arms is substantially better single target dps. Fury can do better in the aoe department, but it sucks so bad even in aoe compared to other specs you might as well take the Arms warrior and have him priority single target. "Skyhold" is the warrior Discord btw.

Most players are playing Arms, because its simply better right now. So yeah, in some form or another "worse players" are playing the spec because its not as good as the other option. Not that either option is good.

dont forget the +30% extra damage you take that is unavoidable if you still want to maintain your rotation. We have a Fury that is pulling 300k on some fights but he takes a ton of damage more so than the other dps.

I personally enjoy Fury over arms but its just not that viable with the extra damage and gear requirements.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
Obviously you can see all the loot that can drop. Still sucks when an ilvl increase item drops but it has shit stats.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>

Yeah I get that, but I don't agree from a simulation perspective. Fury's rotation is quite easy, so is arms for a machine. Why is fury matching arms in sims then?

Do the logs normalize not just for ilvl but also artifact traits and legendaries?

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I got a titan forged 890 trinket this week from hov +3 and it kind of sucks. It's the str/mastery one with the 5s stun. I mean not God awful but pretty bland. Got so excited when I saw 890 too

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
An 890 version of that trinket sounds pretty damn nice, it might not be the best for raiding but that extra stun in Mythic+ seems like it would be amazing. Really though Mythic+ feels so unrewarding to push since gear progression is so out of line. It feels like its better to do easier shit and pray to RNGesus than do harder content only to still pray to RNGesus.

Legendary system makes me cry too. My priest hit 110 last night, doesn't even have the gear to queue heroics and I got a legendary on him already. On one hand I cant complain because I got lucky with a drop on the other hand I have ran so many WQ's, Heroics, Mythics, Mythics +, LFR, Normal Raids, Heroic Raids on my Warrior but I am not closer to getting a helpful item there.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Speaking of priests, sick of feeling like I contribute nothing to mythic runs. Ugh.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
8 days /played on my Priest @ 110 and no legendaries. I definitely hate you.
Not sure what my /played was when I got my legendary on my main, but it was off of heroic Ursoc (first week EN was open). My alt hunter, on the other hand, got his off one of the first emissary caches after freshly hitting 110.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Anybody play a Restoration Shaman? I need some advice on how to play the spec. It appears that my 848 will never be good enough as a DPS to do a normal quest Arcway run. This leaves me having to play a Healing class just to finish quests. LFR needed to include base Mythic dungeon runs. Keystone runs could have been left the way it is.

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
I got a titan forged 890 trinket this week from hov +3 and it kind of sucks. It's the str/mastery one with the 5s stun. I mean not God awful but pretty bland. Got so excited when I saw 890 too

god damnit, thats bis for pretty much everyone for mythic+'s i still wear the 835 version since i cant get a higher one to drop, extra interrupts make or break those runs especially at 7+.