World of Warcraft: Current Year

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I know nothing about Warriors, I was just saying stuff.

But I'm pretty sure every tank has a cd they can use that frequently because every dungeon has the mechanic I was talking about.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I know nothing about Warriors, I was just saying stuff.

But I'm pretty sure every tank has a cd they can use that frequently because every dungeon has the mechanic I was talking about.

Every time I get that warning from DBM, I get hit, even without preemptive SB or IP, and most of the time I have to check to make sure the boss mechanic actually fired. Most of the time I'm tanking heroics with ~840 gear, which I realize is over gearing heroics, but heavy hitters from bosses should still make a sizable dent in my hp.

As for other tanks, if you chain longer cooldown abilities, sure you could cover 'DBM Warnings' in dungeons, but that seems like bad design because warriors will still have their long cooldowns available.

Just to be certain, are you referring to active mitigation abilities? Every tank does have one, but including SB as one seems weird.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
So something people said before was in the right hands DH tanks were incredible but otherwise awful. Is that actually true ?

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Most mythic raid comps try for 2-3 tanks, 4-5 heals, up to 4 melee, ~10 ranged.

3 new classes since launch, none ranged dps.

6 out of 12 classes have a ranged dps option. 9 can be melee.

Elemental shaman haven't been viable in progression since... who can even remember? And moonkin, while not an absolute dumpster fire, are taking a huge hit by not being feral. So make that 4 unless you are desperate.

3 of the remaining 4 share cloth.

Only SPriest and Fire Mage are consistently high dps across all fights. All hunter options are weak single target and Warlock needs to change specs every ten feet. However, hunter excels at mechanics and a destro lock is still better than most.

So in short, our Mythic comp generally has 4 of 12 classes taking 10 of 14 dps slots. We rotate the remaining 8 classes into 4 slots based on loot needs.

... but that's not all! A couple of those melee have one or even two godly legendaries that boost them over everyone else by Fuck You! So there's really only two slots for roamers! Ahahahahaha...

Luckily I don't really like Mythic much anyway. And I have killed Nyth, Renferell, Ursoc and gotten reps on Dragons. (oh boy, interrupt rotation)

Khane

Every time I get that warning from DBM, I get hit, even without preemptive SB or IP, and most of the time I have to check to make sure the boss mechanic actually fired. Most of the time I'm tanking heroics with ~840 gear, which I realize is over gearing heroics, but heavy hitters from bosses should still make a sizable dent in my hp.

As for other tanks, if you chain longer cooldown abilities, sure you could cover 'DBM Warnings' in dungeons, but that seems like bad design because warriors will still have their long cooldowns available.

Just to be certain, are you referring to active mitigation abilities? Every tank does have one, but including SB as one seems weird.

If you miss those cooldown in M+ you will get wrecked. DBM has timers too that show when those CDs will fire even before giving your middle of the screen sound and text warning.

But yes, active mitigation is what is meant to be used to cover those warnings. Like I said, you were talking about how short the cooldown on Shield Block was so I just assumed it was one of the warrior active mitigation abilities because I have not played Prot Warrior at all since leveling up my warrior in WoD.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
I was thinking about this some more. What's their intention with Shield Block? Its cooldown is too short to be used as a mild preemptive DR like barkskin or demo shout. But the cooldown is also too long to be up 100% of time by itself. So, does the ability add anything besides restrictions to gearing and gameplay? It's not really a fun button to push(neither is devastate spam, ugh...)

Noodleface Noodleface sorry for the confusion. It was a normal EN formed via the "lfr". As in, 4 of us found a normal EN raid using the custom raid finder and applying to groups.

For me with the way I speced prot shield block winds up getting used more offensively than defensively. Pop it before a shield slam to get more damage/threat and then it has the bonus mitigation as well. Just weaving it in like that seems to make a pretty solid impact on my damage and helps even off damage. It is totally eclipsed by ignore pain though so if you are getting hurt and want to defend yourself ignore pain is your go to option.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
If you miss those cooldown in M+ you will get wrecked. DBM has timers too that show when those CDs will fire even before giving your middle of the screen sound and text warning.

But yes, active mitigation is what is meant to be used to cover those warnings. Like I said, you were talking about how short the cooldown on Shield Block was so I just assumed it was one of the warrior active mitigation abilities because I have not played Prot Warrior at all since leveling up my warrior in WoD.

Ah, ok. I guess that was the intent of my original question then. IP is definitely "the" warrior active mitigation. Did they intend for SB to be one as well? Or just gear and play for 100% uptime(lame and boring)?

I'd almost prefer it to be active mitigation. I hate the SB mini game, detracts attention from fight while adding nothing exciting.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I think they wanted people to keep shield vlock up as much as possible considering its ties to shield bash damage.

Its our constant damage reduction while IP is active mitigation

Khane

Well druid plays the same way. Ironfur is meant to be active mitigation but you can have 100% uptime with it

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Well druid plays the same way. Ironfur is meant to be active mitigation but you can have 100% uptime with it
I must say, I'm a little rage "starved" (slightly hungry) with galactic gaurdian rage reduction. that's not to say ironfur or mark isnt always up

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I must say, I'm a little rage "starved" (slightly hungry) with galactic gaurdian rage reduction. that's not to say ironfur or mark isnt always up
This is how warriors are now. We get rage starved if we take less damage. Which comes from better gear. . .

Dumb fucking design

Khane

Druids get pretty much no rage whatsoever from being attacked. Even at low item levels. Our offensive abilities are where we get our rage.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
A good amount of warrior rage is from taking damage, for sure. And yeah, downward scaling on that sucks. IP uptime is getting really difficult to maintain in lower difficulties now.

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
861 with no legendaries.

I'm focusing now on getting the "correct" stats now i'm going Int>Mastery>Crit so I'm cutting a lot of haste I picked up due to bulk ilvl picks.

Did a Mythic +9 DHT with Volcanic and Sanguine and it was the most fun I've ever had, It was like DDR healing to avoid getting one shot.

I'm offering a 40k bounty for anyone that can proc a flask for me as well because they are obvious money makers.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Druids get pretty much no rage whatsoever from being attacked. Even at low item levels. Our offensive abilities are where we get our rage.
That's a good thing, no?

Tanked headless horseman recently and my fingers just kept itching to hit IP out of habit and no fucking rage. Obviously, that means I wasn't taking much damage so I didn't need IP, especially on that fight. But in terms of developing cadence and muscle memory, it's highly disruptive.

a_skeleton_06

<Banned>
tNQqftt.png

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users