World of Warcraft: Current Year

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
ravager gives you 20% parry, its totally fine =p

Heavy repercussions also increases shield slam damage so that part isn't wasted. when people refer to 100% shield block uptime they are taking HR into account. i cant quite get 100% uptime sitting at 25% haste with HR you would need close to 35% (table math) haste to have uptime completely without HR.

I think they are going to swing warriors into the DR tanks eventually where other classes are going to go the mitigation route or self healing route at higher gear level. there will need to be a balancing patch toward the end of nighthold but most warriors without mythic titanforge will hit 35% haste by the end of the instance. post nighthold there will need to be at least a cursory balancing patch of warriors since the next raid zone will have most warriors able to hit the 100% cap.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Didn't see this but was in the 7.1 undocumented changes list. They made the worst legendary even worse!

inv_jewelry_ring_149.jpg
Sephuz's Secret has been nerfed. Silence or CC damage-dealing abilities will no longer proc it.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
Most mythic raid comps try for 2-3 tanks, 4-5 heals, up to 4 melee, ~10 ranged.

3 new classes since launch, none ranged dps.

6 out of 12 classes have a ranged dps option. 9 can be melee.

Elemental shaman haven't been viable in progression since... who can even remember? And moonkin, while not an absolute dumpster fire, are taking a huge hit by not being feral. So make that 4 unless you are desperate.

3 of the remaining 4 share cloth.

Only SPriest and Fire Mage are consistently high dps across all fights. All hunter options are weak single target and Warlock needs to change specs every ten feet. However, hunter excels at mechanics and a destro lock is still better than most.

So in short, our Mythic comp generally has 4 of 12 classes taking 10 of 14 dps slots. We rotate the remaining 8 classes into 4 slots based on loot needs.

... but that's not all! A couple of those melee have one or even two godly legendaries that boost them over everyone else by Fuck You! So there's really only two slots for roamers! Ahahahahaha...

Luckily I don't really like Mythic much anyway. And I have killed Nyth, Renferell, Ursoc and gotten reps on Dragons. (oh boy, interrupt rotation)
I would assume this is how most Mythic guilds are doing it these days, but we're forced to go 8:6 ranged:melee and a lot of the times 7:7, otherwise we're just simply sitting our best players in favor of a better raid comp, but much worse raiders.

Prepatch was enough for me to tell Warlocks were going to be in a rough place and I'm very happy I made the switch to Mage. As far I'm competitive on every fight and no worries about getting sat.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Didn't see this but was in the 7.1 undocumented changes list. They made the worst legendary even worse!

View attachment 95688Sephuz's Secret has been nerfed. Silence or CC damage-dealing abilities will no longer proc it.

Was that because people were able to keep the buff up 100% of the time on even raid bosses who were immune to CC because of the damaging components of those spells?

Because if they were able to do that then that legendary was definitely not the worst.

Cupcaek

Molten Core Raider
So something people said before was in the right hands DH tanks were incredible but otherwise awful. Is that actually true ?
Yes, a 1% top player type of hands. Anything below that they are garbage compared to the Druid>war>>pally>>>>>DK/DH>>>BM

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
ravager gives you 20% parry, its totally fine =p

Heavy repercussions also increases shield slam damage so that part isn't wasted. when people refer to 100% shield block uptime they are taking HR into account. i cant quite get 100% uptime sitting at 25% haste with HR you would need close to 35% (table math) haste to have uptime completely without HR.

I think they are going to swing warriors into the DR tanks eventually where other classes are going to go the mitigation route or self healing route at higher gear level. there will need to be a balancing patch toward the end of nighthold but most warriors without mythic titanforge will hit 35% haste by the end of the instance. post nighthold there will need to be at least a cursory balancing patch of warriors since the next raid zone will have most warriors able to hit the 100% cap.

I meant it would be wasted such that if you save SB as a preemptive cooldown, you are limiting the effectiveness of HR.

Explain your table math please. Without HR, you need 117% haste to get 100% SB uptime.

I wish I remembered my college statistics class well enough to remember how to model devastate, shield slam, shield block, and heavy repercussions.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Was that because people were able to keep the buff up 100% of the time on even raid bosses who were immune to CC because of the damaging components of those spells?

Because if they were able to do that then that legendary was definitely not the worst.

The buff only lasts 10sec and ICD of 30sec.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I meant it would be wasted such that if you save SB as a preemptive cooldown, you are limiting the effectiveness of HR.

Explain your table math please. Without HR, you need 117% haste to get 100% SB uptime.

I wish I remembered my college statistics class well enough to remember how to model devastate, shield slam, shield block, and heavy repercussions.
I barely made it through stats. Fuck that class

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
Apparently i fail at math, yes with 24% haste shield block cooldown is 10.5 seconds with 2 charges that gives you 8.5 seconds you need to make up with HR. with 1.5 sec extension and without devastating at all you'll get 2 SS so that means you'll have 5.5 seconds unshieldblocked baring no devastate procs until you have SB up again. third shield block obviously only shields for 6 seconds so with at least one free devastate proc you'll be shielded for another 7.5 so you'll have roughly 2 seconds of being unshielded and should be able to maintain a 2 second gap in shield blocks until the end of the fight (shorter with devastate procs)

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
7/7 mythic now and still no legendary on my druid (granted I didn't play it as much as I played my DH but one would think the hardest content currently in game would have a higher chance to drop legendaries)
Great "WTF" moment as well this morning as my mage enchanter alt got a legendary. While I'm waiting for one on my main.

On the other hand, a raidmate got his 4th on 3 separate characters. And I've seen 2 of them drop (including the SP BIS, which makes me jealous as hell, of course).

I think Blizzard probably shot themselves in the foot with that. While the concept and the idea you'd had a "great" moment when it drops sounded good, at this point, you mostly get insults when one drops. Good natured ones, but still, it's not "GG!!", it's "WTF man!" that happens.

Let's hope they learn from that.

GonzytheMage

Golden Knight of the Realm
I saw one drop in our raid last night for one our worst dpsers, I was slightly rustled. At least I don't do content that requires one. If I got benched for lack of competitive dps due to a piece of gear gated by rng I'd flip tables and go back to Destiny.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

joz123

Potato del Grande
Fuck the loading to Dalaran. Fucking 3 minutes every time. Cleared cache and shit and it still does it.

Khane

Hrmmm that's weird. I don't have any issues loading to dalaran at all. Maybe it's an addon?

joz123

Potato del Grande
Dont have SSD. It happens when i hearth to dalaran or going there from DH area. Lots of other ppl have the same problem on the wow forums but anything they mentioned to try dont work. It only happens once after logging on then its fast after that. Its still annoying though.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Dont have SSD. It happens when i hearth to dalaran or going there from DH area. Lots of other ppl have the same problem on the wow forums but anything they mentioned to try dont work. It only happens once after logging on then its fast after that. Its still annoying though.
Since 7.1, there's a significant pause in loading whenever I get a load screen. A number of guildmates have noticed that as well. Instead of the usual "load to 90% of load bar, pause 10s, then go" I always had, it's more like "load 5% of load bar, go spinning wheel for 1mn, then load all the way thru".

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
No, theyre right. My computer can run other games like Witcher 3, or Skyrim Special two or three times over and not lag. My HD is a SSD etc. I just shouldnt have a wait, at all and I do. So its definitely something code side. I was just thinking that maybe its a queuing system to access Dalaran.

Khane

Might be a driver issue. Blizzard is notorious for causing issues with video card drivers.

What card are you guys running?