World of Warcraft: Current Year

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Been thinking more about @BoozeCube point about IP scaling poorly. In a vacuum, he's likely right because it's tied directly to the player's AP and Versatility instead of a percentage of damage taken. But, since it's fueled by rage, which is largely fueled by damage taken, won't IP's poor scaling essentially autocorrect itself?

Somewhat related: do you get rage from damage absorbed?

Haste to 25% then mastery/versatility still might be better stats. I wish simcraft had better models for tanks. The prot warrior one at least puts out some weird number. Might be time to give mr. robot another try.

Junun

Silver Knight of the Realm
Well my warrior is 95. I'm throwing it in for my 100 Druid alt though. Going Guardian/Boomkin... maybe Resto later. HERE IT GOES.

Love my mw/ww but gearing up my moonkin/resto is so much more fun to play! Druids have so much more utility it's nuts.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Love my mw/ww but gearing up my moonkin/resto is so much more fun to play! Druids have so much more utility it's nuts.

I'll start leveling him up today and see how long it takes to get him mythics ready at least.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
While it's true Druids are basically the utility kings MW monks have a shitload of utility as well.

Even with all that utility how many druids/monks have you played with that actually utilize it? I've never seen a druid besides myself use incapacitating roar to interrupt shit. Hell, the balance/feral druids I've grouped with don't even seem to put battle rez on their goddamn hotkeys. Stampeding roar? Hah! Who the fuck would ever use that?

People are terrible at utilizing their utility skills.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
My DH is essentially on pause right now, doing LFR, doing Emissary WQ and some of the big AP WQ only. He's as good as he'll be without doing Mythic Dungeons and Normal raiding, at iLevel 851 in decent stats priority.

My Monk is in a similar place, but lower iLevel at 846 I think, but has room for a few gear upgrades in iLevel, better stats distribution and some better trinkets. So mostly doing the same as DH, LFR, and Emissary WQ, AP WQ and some gear WQ.

My mage reach 110 last night, so lots of work on her. iLevel is below 800 right now...so need to get that to 810 for Heroics, and 825 for LFR. Finish the Mage Campaign, start on Suramar etc. So still lots to do on her for now...she'll most likely be my focus for now.

Then it's most likely going to be my Priest on alliance side.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
While it's true Druids are basically the utility kings MW monks have a shitload of utility as well.

Even with all that utility how many druids/monks have you played with that actually utilize it? I've never seen a druid besides myself use incapacitating roar to interrupt shit. Hell, the balance/feral druids I've grouped with don't even seem to put battle rez on their goddamn hotkeys. Stampeding roar? Hah! Who the fuck would ever use that?

People are terrible at utilizing their utility skills.

I don't even see other monks use Paralyze in Mythic+ to keep dangerous casters from doing shit while we deal with the rest. Paralyze is one of the strongest CC abilities there is and it is also an interrupt. I never see monks use transcendence either which is super useful for fights like Heimdal and Odyn because you can just teleport to safe areas. Nor do I see other monks, even Mistweavers use Detox on to dispel themselves. But really WW should be using it to cleanse poisons and shit like the one on the snake in Nelth's.

I never see other brewmasters but I doubt they use Zen Med in the places where it just totally saves you from taking damage either. Fuck people don't even use their stuns on cooldown in Mythic+ which is beyond useful.

But monk utility doesn't help the group so much as helps yourself a lot of the time. Druid has more group centric tools.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Khane

Talent Tiger's Lust. Win as a MW monk healer (especially with weeks like this with Necrotic, your tanks will thank you if they're smart enough to start kiting at 15-20 stacks)

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Talent Tiger's Lust. Win as a MW monk healer (especially with weeks like this with Necrotic, your tanks will thank you if they're smart enough to start kiting at 15-20 stacks)

I dislike Tiger's Lust personally. I don't use it. Retards don't make the right use of it if I give it to them and I prefer Chi Torpedo for my own movement.

Khane

Yea I can understand that. But when you group with someone who does use it, it's godly.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
I use paralyze all the time, and some of the groups I had started doing Mythic+ with were shocked when I busted it out. I abuse the hell out of it for Thundercallers/Archers in HoV, Pelters in Neth, Archers and Lancers in BRH, and Dryads in Thicket.

It lasts a long damn time and refreshes before the duration ends, so seriously, abuse the fuck out of it.

I like using Leg Sweep a lot and make sure to drop that in eventually, after making sure the tanks use their stuff first. As a blood elf I like to abuse the hell out of the AE silence racial to interrupt casters too.

Only problem I have with any of those abilities are certain mobs they don't work on whatsoever. Deathglare tentacles on the EN eye fight only seem responsive to throat jab for interrupts, but that doesn't refresh quick enough for the next mind flay.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I use paralyze all the time, and some of the groups I had started doing Mythic+ with were shocked when I busted it out. I abuse the hell out of it for Thundercallers/Archers in HoV, Pelters in Neth, Archers and Lancers in BRH, and Dryads in Thicket.

It lasts a long damn time and refreshes before the duration ends, so seriously, abuse the fuck out of it.

I like using Leg Sweep a lot and make sure to drop that in eventually, after making sure the tanks use their stuff first. As a blood elf I like to abuse the hell out of the AE silence racial to interrupt casters too.

Only problem I have with any of those abilities are certain mobs they don't work on whatsoever. Deathglare tentacles on the EN eye fight only seem responsive to throat jab for interrupts, but that doesn't refresh quick enough for the next mind flay.

Yeah, they're surprised when I do the same... when I am tanking or healing. I also run the stun trinket for extra stuns when I tank.

For the EN eye fight you usually have other people available to interrupt.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Been thinking more about @BoozeCube point about IP scaling poorly. In a vacuum, he's likely right because it's tied directly to the player's AP and Versatility instead of a percentage of damage taken. But, since it's fueled by rage, which is largely fueled by damage taken, won't IP's poor scaling essentially autocorrect itself?

Haste to 25% then mastery/versatility still might be better stats. I wish simcraft had better models for tanks. The prot warrior one at least puts out some weird number. Might be time to give mr. robot another try.

Always good to read the Simcraft notes!

• Warrior
    • !Protection is still a work in progress!

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick

I don't think you get rage from absorbs

The problem with IP was it was God tier for 5 man's and people got all fucking butt hurt that we absorb 1M damage. That's a lot in heroic and mythic 0s. Not so much when you get hit for a million or two in a single blow.

My IP is something like 700kish at 60 rage. That's like a single hit. . . Or less.

It just does not scale,and being nerfed made it even worse. So when we say shield block is a priority it's because it truly is.

People got all upset because they saw us destroying early content and blizzard listened because who. Knows why.

Using IP now just feels like it has no impact. I have 4M HP almost and it barely helps at all now.

Id rather use the rage on focused rage

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Yeah, but now you're taking more damage so more IP!

It doesn't matter how much it absorbs per use as long as you aren't running into these hard limits: its cooldown, rage cap, getting one shot. Of course, you don't want the ability to be spammy either, so, idk every 2 to 3 seconds max? This also is assuming you get rage from absorbs. And it discounts rage not from damage taken. But, considering that source of rage is largely static, it probably doesn't apply to a discussion of IPs scaling.

DavivMcD

Peasant
It's still pretty good though. I'm prioritizing Vers/Mast and ignoring haste completely, and my IP is 962k for 60 rage, while I have about 3.5m hp. On the flip side, with only 6.8% haste, no I can't maintain a 100% uptime on shield block, but I'm only letting about 5-6% of all melee swings go through unblocked. If these were the days of crushing blows and crits, that 5-6% would be fucking devastating. But it's not, and they aren't. Especially considering the 10% dmg reduction I'm getting from vers.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
It's still pretty good though. I'm prioritizing Vers/Mast and ignoring haste completely, and my IP is 962k for 60 rage, while I have about 3.5m hp. On the flip side, with only 6.8% haste, no I can't maintain a 100% uptime on shield block, but I'm only letting about 5-6% of all melee swings go through unblocked. If these were the days of crushing blows and crits, that 5-6% would be fucking devastating. But it's not, and they aren't. Especially considering the 10% dmg reduction I'm getting from vers.
It would be interesting to compare a couple prot warriors on the same boss with.various stat allocations. 6.8% haste is too low for me