World of Warcraft: Current Year

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
How is that fucking possible?

like seriously?... I've done Heroic EN three times total and normal once.

Don't you do Mythics?

I joined a guild that was 6/7 H at the time and they went 7/7 the night I joined, Maybe I'm being fed gear?
I run a lot of mythic + dungeons normally. Gotten a total of 3 pieces of loot from all normal and heroic EN boss kills.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
yes haste drops the gcd, resulting in more devastates, it also reduces the cooldown on revenge and SS (its 7.1 seconds for me currently) which generates more rage, resulting in more IP.

Sure, but that's not going to end up being that much more rage.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Well shucks.

Last night the mail pants drop off Ilganoth at 870 I already had the same pants but at 865, I asked for them and they gave them to me.

It felt weird getting the same item twice.
Which is fine if they're gearing you for. Mythic.

Our raids run leather heavy and basically re leather wearers aren't getting jack shit.

Barely any Plate wearers so I'm at 867

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
I am not standing in front of a target not moving spamming IP and SS, there are tank swaps, during which you should be building giant IP shields, you should be intercepting damage from the other tank to build rage. I dont think sims accurately model prot warrior rage generation in a meaningful way.

what a sim program says and what actually happens in a raid is completely different. you say its not going to matter much, well the logs say different in pretty much every warrior that is stacking haste has more casts of IP than warriors who dont through more SS casts, could be a coincidence but i doubt it.

We do loot council, we run plate light though and if you dont get lucky with titan forge you will be stuck around 865. i got super lucky with 890 boots, 880 chest etc, RNGesus was kind.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Why? I thought it resulted in more gear for everyone?
The way trading work is absolutely fucked. If a piece of gear drops that is higher ilvl than what you have then you can't trade it. A lot of people are farming for gear for certain secondary stats, so they might get a higher ilvl piece that is worthless but can't trade.

Additionally, sometimes control over which mouth breather that jumped off cenarius platform and died gets gear is worthwhile.

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
The way trading work is absolutely fucked. If a piece of gear drops that is higher ilvl than what you have then you can't trade it. A lot of people are farming for gear for certain secondary stats, so they might get a higher ilvl piece that is worthless but can't trade.

Additionally, sometimes control over which mouth breather that jumped off cenarius platform and died gets gear is worthwhile.
Did not know you could jump off. Will try.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I am not standing in front of a target not moving spamming IP and SS, there are tank swaps, during which you should be building giant IP shields, you should be intercepting damage from the other tank to build rage. I dont think sims accurately model prot warrior rage generation in a meaningful way.

what a sim program says and what actually happens in a raid is completely different. you say its not going to matter much, well the logs say different in pretty much every warrior that is stacking haste has more casts of IP than warriors who dont through more SS casts, could be a coincidence but i doubt it.

We do loot council, we run plate light though and if you dont get lucky with titan forge you will be stuck around 865. i got super lucky with 890 boots, 880 chest etc, RNGesus was kind.

I didn't say anything about sims. More haste technically is more rage and IP, but it's not going to be significant(you said triple). Those that prioritize versatility will have fewer casts but they will be bigger.

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
Which is fine if they're gearing you for. Mythic.

Our raids run leather heavy and basically re leather wearers aren't getting jack shit.

Barely any Plate wearers so I'm at 867

We are Melee heavy and it's such bullshit. WoW has hated Melee players for the past 10 years why do people keep rolling fucking melee classes. I wish everyone was mages.

@a_skeleton_02 is worse than a welfare queen. Getting free Obama heroic epics. Hypocrite!

Hey, I'm an investment, I also brough three RL friends with me who instantly put this guild into the raid picture. If they don't feed me then we all leave and they are back to wiping on Heroic Cenarius.

My Best friend plays a DH and she did that on her first Cenarius fight and with out fail it's brought up every time we engage him.

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
I didn't say anything about sims. More haste technically is more rage and IP, but it's not going to be significant(you said triple). Those that prioritize versatility will have fewer casts but they will be bigger.

Stacking vers may as well be a pipe dream at the moment because its currently impossible to a level that matters IE a level that outweighs haste/mastery. Triple is being facetious on my part but so is Noodle saying IP sucks and that he is losing 700k IPs in single swings (only in very rare cases).

I was at pretty much the vers limit pre-heroic EN, i had full 850 crafted Vers demonsteel, pvp cloak and rings which had more vers and i was at roughly 23% (you could get a couple more % if you had heroic chest piece and a few other EN items) my IP's were larger but with the huge gap in shieldblock they were being eaten faster. Mastery still improves IP, and haste allows more IPs to a point that it doesn't make sense to even attempt Vers stacking unless there is a major gear revamp. nighthold is the same issue, hardly any vers on gear.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Yeah, I realize the impracticality of stacking versatility, I like having these discussion for a purely theoretical standpoint.

I'm not sure I'd categorize low haste as "huge gap in shieldblock". Single digit haste can still maintain 70% uptime, and I think something as simple as that we can trust the sims for.

Speaking of sims, I've identified at least 1 problem with it, maybe 2. How it calculates prot warrior's absorbs per second is about 3x too high. I think once the sim stacks it 3 times, each subsequent use gets the absorb of the previous 3.

The other potential problem is if you sim with IP and then without IP, your rage input goes up considerably for the latter. This implies that simcraft thinks damage taken from absorbs(IP at least) does count towards rage. Which is pretty stupid if true because that would mean IP would limit future uses of IP.

You could kinda futz with the numbers to solve the first problem but I have no idea how to fix the second one without recompiling the code.

I'd like to know if you get rage from damage taken through IP first before deciding haste(more IP usage) vs vers(bigger IP). If you don't, haste will be a much bigger part of your total rage generation.

Time to start doing pvp for BiS pve gear! TBC throwback!

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
We are Melee heavy and it's such bullshit. WoW has hated Melee players for the past 10 years why do people keep rolling fucking melee classes. I wish everyone was mages.

Hey, I'm an investment, I also brough three RL friends with me who instantly put this guild into the raid picture. If they don't feed me then we all leave and they are back to wiping on Heroic Cenarius.

My Best friend plays a DH and she did that on her first Cenarius fight and with out fail it's brought up every time we engage him.
Look at this uppity Obama-son. "Give me free epics because Obama is president/my friends carry the guild"