World of Warcraft: Current Year

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Let's stop talking about nerfing something that works, and focus on improving what doesn't, shall we? This whole "drag everyone down to my DK/DH/BrM's level" thing is ridiculous.

Since they undid some of the prot warrior nerf, I think we're at a reasonable place again. It's no secret that druids have advantages but warriors are nowhere near as stunted as they were immediate after the rage gaffe.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Let's stop talking about nerfing something that works, and focus on improving what doesn't, shall we? This whole "drag everyone down to my DK/DH/BrM's level" thing is ridiculous.

Since they undid some of the prot warrior nerf, I think we're at a reasonable place again. It's no secret that druids have advantages but warriors are nowhere near as stunted as they were immediate after the rage gaffe.
Salty fags everywhere

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
I know. Just letting you know who you're addressing.
Oh, I get it. I'm still in awe of how easy druids appear to have things right now, but the pendulum swings both ways. Warriors, due to IP, were OP as shit before that nerf and everyone was bitching about it.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Maybe the assumption is always 1 stack of ironfur and the check is partially overlapping another stack at the right time? If they increased druid armor by 100% baseline and then gutted GG such that you could maintain one less stack, would that make tanks happy without effectively changing anything?

I haven't tanked a whole ton yet, my guardian is still at 103, but I don't see how you're averaging 2-3 stacks. Granted, I haven't tried Bristling Fur yet, but seeing how that's 8s out of 40, I don't see how that could make that big a difference.

You get another 2 seconds from Mangle and 1.5 seconds from 3 point Ursoc's Endurance (And get up to another 1.5 from relics). And our normal 3rd gold trait has a 15% chance on each mangle to cut its rage cost in half which would allow for more uptime.

If you gear for it you can probably maintain 2 stacks 100% of the time but that's if you never dump rage on maul and are in a physical damage only fight. He's exaggerating a bit on the power of Ironfur and how it makes druids invulnerable.

It's very powerful, it's satisfying to use in it's current state and it makes druids very sturdy tanks against physical damage. Nerfing druids isn't going to make his DH awesome and wanted by his guild though. It's just gonna make his druid suck. So not sure why he wants a nerf even though he hates feeling like he has to play his druid.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
So not sure why he wants a nerf even though he hates feeling like he has to play his druid.

Some people just want to watch the world burn. AKA, let's make everyone ineffective so that we can all be miserable.

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Some people just want to watch the world burn. AKA, let's make everyone ineffective so that we can all be miserable.
Also, unless you are poopsocking, pushing mythic raiding and over +10 dungeons, it doesn't matter. Making it all the more irrelevant

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Meh, my DH is nowhere near the tank my warrior is, but that's probably just me playing it wrong. I don't care enough to fight with it, and I'm not main switching, so it's not a driving factor for me to complain about. I get that they have different play styles. I prefer warrior. It doesn't need to be more complicated than that.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Nobody plays Prot Pal? I've done some third tanking on Renferal, but I've barely dipped my toe into prot this expansion. I can cheese the fuck out of the violent winds with divine shield and the spell warding talent.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
To be honest it's not even a big deal to me. Our group is a druid and warrior with a third tank warrior. We only do heroic and nothing is really game changing. I am a bit worried IP won't scale well into nighthold and beyond n

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
At the end of the day, they just need to bring the other tanks up to a comparable level. I dont care that Druids are OP, but I would at least like my preferred class to be in the same realm. There are obvious mechanics wrong with DH, Monk, and Death Knight that keep them a tier, if not more below the warrior - which in all honesty, I believe warriors are the standard.

I also think they would have done something about druids by now if we didnt feel tied to the character we started because of Artifact Power and AK levels. Who the hell wants to change mains at this point? If people could just switch their tanks over to Druid, gear them and be right back at the spot they were - the Flavor of the Month tank would be a lot more evident.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I'm actually surprised they made DH tanks so shitty. When both dk and monk were released and even last expansion they were power houses. Pretty underwhelming to have your new hero class be the worst tank.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
My highest mythic Nyth is a scorching 250k.

Of course I'm a 868 sub rogue, stuck in sephuz club, that was targeted for rot as many as five times in each of those kills, and I'm still putting AP into DPS nodes and still lack BIS -heroic- level relics. I also don't try too hard to melee (if at all) during p2 because it's just not needed and the fucking bug bombs can spawn hidden under the dragon and there's already too many getting stacks.

What I'm not proud of is the 306k shitshow on my only Ursoc. Somehow in the final 30 seconds I had no shadow dance or vanish to use and my dps fell off the table. #1 in damage to the add, though!

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
At the end of the day, they just need to bring the other tanks up to a comparable level. I dont care that Druids are OP, but I would at least like my preferred class to be in the same realm. There are obvious mechanics wrong with DH, Monk, and Death Knight that keep them a tier, if not more below the warrior - which in all honesty, I believe warriors are the standard.

I also think they would have done something about druids by now if we didnt feel tied to the character we started because of Artifact Power and AK levels. Who the hell wants to change mains at this point? If people could just switch their tanks over to Druid, gear them and be right back at the spot they were - the Flavor of the Month tank would be a lot more evident.

I'm still considering it even though I'm at ilvl 850 & AK10 with my warrior. Wish there was a definitive way to say this class is better/more fun than that class so I could stop debating it.

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
World boss is Skarthos so get your 1/3rd of your warrior hidden appearance (drop is 100% from world bosses now)

We got the Jellyfish from kosumoth finally on NA realms.

• 1Like