World of Warcraft: Current Year

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Odyn phase 3 is really lame as a tank. It's like running handoff drills.

Guarm is a pretty fun fight though.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Odyn phase 3 is really lame as a tank. It's like running handoff drills.

Guarm is a pretty fun fight though.

The annoying ass thing about that fight is the floor. I raid in "7" and turn dumb shit off like Sun Shafts, but for me to clearly see where the floor WAS NOT lit up, I had to crank everything up to 10. I have no idea what exactly is the setting that makes it more visible, cause its definitely not Particle Effects like I was thinking. Guarm.. I dont know, it just seemed like an annoying, dumb, fight to me. But I know others liked it. Gotta do this stuff on Mythic or something before I pass judgement cause watching the videos of the raid encounters on higher difficulties and the bosses look awesome as hell.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
We were punished with "mythic dragons or bust" before we get to TOV on an official raid night. Our guild is usually more chill than that, I'm a bit surprised. It then took 3 1/2 hours to get the other 3 mythic bosses down because of so many new and undergeared people. Yay.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Color me shocked some guilds can't dent Mythic with their decked out ~10 players and then another 10 left in the terrible pub group trenches.

Gear em up and mentor em bros.

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
Color me shocked some guilds can't dent Mythic with their decked out ~10 players and then another 10 left in the terrible pub group trenches.

Gear em up and mentor em bros.

Aint that the fucking truth. I'm starting to see this happening with the guild I'm in now, they have a solid core but once they get a slot they stop filling it. They don't realize the turn over rate of players we should always be cultivating a new crop of players for the eventually burn out.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Khane

Got something right about marriage
A mythic guild is only going to have 2 core tanks and either a 3rd main tank or someone with an off tank spec, so that leaves at least 5 people as odd man out.

bytes

Molten Core Raider
I'm getting real salty over that DH tank hidden skin. Been at it for god knows how many weeks, my mailbox is a total mess from all the buff items I can't pick up because they only stack up to 5 and it just won't drop. Then some dude in shit gear runs past me, I ask him how many kills it took. Two he says but it's just an alt so he doesn't care. Great!

Daidraco

As far as normal goes, Odyn is all on the tanks. Once they have it down, the boss goes down. Guarm, people just need to learn his predictable pattern and he goes down. Helya, the fight rests on the dps and healers. I think we'll get it tonight after our Heroic - but its quite the difficulty ramp up compared to the first two. I want to go ahead and beat it and start on the Heroic version of it - but shit, I havent heard that much bitching about loot sucking in a while! haha

Definitely need to find people for Mythic - but it is a huge uphill battle being on Hyjal looking for people for an eastern time zone raid. I only know of one other guild that raids mythic during a similar time, and I heard theyre losing people to the same problems we are. Whether thats to Mythic guilds on other servers, quitting the game or they stop caring because we arent progressing anymore. Any ideas on what you guys would do to find more people? Cupcakes helping me look for people. Ive put up posts on the Hyjal Reddit, the Hyjal WoW forum. Fixed our WoW progress sheet to show that we're recruiting, heavily. I know some people use addons to constantly recruit in general chat? Thats an option I guess? The Mon/Fri has great attendance, but a lot of the guys in that raid barely log in during the weekdays - so theres that.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Stop attacking me!

If I could play on Tues and Wed I'd do mythic (if wanted, of course) but I have a wife and 18month old so I only play when they're both away (work and sleep)

I kind of wanted to try mythic on Fridays or Mondays if our group started performing really well. Whether or not that alienates people or is something you guys have considered I don't know.

Daidraco

Maybe if we hemorrhage a lot of players? But we would be cutting people from both teams to do it, and thats not cool. So recruitment is the only option at this point. Was just looking to see if anyones had good success recruiting some kind of way before.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
I havent stepped foot in mythic EN yet - nor have i seen the encounters to research since my guild is in no way ready for it.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Maybe if we hemorrhage a lot of players? But we would be cutting people from both teams to do it, and thats not cool. So recruitment is the only option at this point. Was just looking to see if anyones had good success recruiting some kind of way before.
It's just an idea I've tossed around in my head. I imagine most people from my group don't want to do mythic

bytes

Molten Core Raider
Is it me or are resto shamans incredibly bad? Just did a timewalk dungeon, my DH is 857 so not the greatest but you'd think its enough to not fear for my life every single pull. The shaman had two legendaries and easily an overall ilvl of 875. I died on the first doublepull, was constantly loaded with long going debuffs and even procced Last Resort so I more or less died two times in that dungeon.

It's even worse with lesser geared guys in Legion heroics.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Resto shamans are fine. Your specific scenario is impossible to accurately assess because:

1) We have to make large assumptions about your skill (and the shaman's).
2) ilevel is not the most instructive component of a player's gear optimization in Legion.
3) Not all legendaries are power enhancing for a given role.
4) Maybe he was watching TV and didn't GAF because loltimewalk?