World of Warcraft: Current Year

Brikker

Trump's Staff
I want to refund it and exchange it for something else. WoW is not giving me the hidden skins either, just do me this kindness game.

I'm sorry, that would detract from the sense of excitement you felt when gaining the item and the wonderful story that was created for you to tell your friends upon obtaining it!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

bytes

Molten Core Raider
I would have to quote myself but it actually dropped from an emissary box, pretty exciting alright.

• 1Like

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Lol Brikker. In raids I assume the absorb neck is fine as you tank swap often and have tmes when you have down time. It helps the healers balance out their healing when you engage. *shrug*

Edit: Just noticed it got changed so you gain the shield even while getting hit.

prydax.jpg

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
That would be pretty decent then not great but overall at least some overtime benefit for just about anybody.

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
I have literally never had this thing go off as one of the tanks in our heroic and mythic groups, generally when the other tank has agro its because you have a DoT waiting to tick off or you need to drop a debuff in some random spot in the raid. the changes im actually pretty okay with though and can see getting a bit of mileage out of it.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yup with the change it is at very least a pretty reasonable amount of absorbs over the course of a boss fight looks like they tweaked a couple of the other ones that people were seeing as problematic or under powered as well.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Some of these prot warrior changes are...interesting? I didn't really expect them to change this much of the spec. I'm not going to paste them because mmoc's diff method is just terrible.

Revenge now costs 30 rage, 3s cooldown, parry or dodge makes it free.
Shield Block now costs 15 rage.
Tclap doubled in damage, generates 3 rage and has 30% chance to reset shield slam.

Best Served Cold moved up a few tiers to replace Ultimatum and does 5% increased damage for each target revenge hits, up to 5.
Devastator replaces the aforementioned, causes autoattacks to generate extra damage, generate 5 rage, and 30% chance to reset shield slam.
Revenge replaces Focused Rage in Vengeance.

Unless you HAVE to use revenges non-free, that seems like a ton of more rage for prot tanks.

Theorizing some more...Devastator probably replaces Devastate, so probably not much more extra rage actually.

Last edited:

Brikker

Trump's Staff
is this all 7.1.5 stuff? Hope i'm playing by the end of january! lul

*edit: damn they added a lot of legendaries, including trinkets. really hope they aren't sticking with this total RNG drop system...

Last edited:

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Some of these prot warrior changes are...interesting? I didn't really expect them to change this much of the spec. I'm not going to paste them because mmoc's diff method is just terrible.

Tclap doubled in damage, generates 3 rage and has 30% chance to reset shield slam.

Best Served Cold moved up a few tiers to replace Ultimatum and does 5% increased damage for each target revenge hits, up to 5.
Devastator replaces the aforementioned, causes autoattacks to generate extra damage, generate 5 rage, and 30% chance to reset shield slam.

Unless you HAVE to use revenges non-free, that seems like a ton of more rage for prot tanks.

Theorizing some more...Devastator probably replaces Devastate, so probably not much more extra rage actually.
So now i have to actually use thunderclap.... why

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider

Few observations:

Yes it replaces devastate, im playing with it on the PTR it seems to give me more IPs but they are 25% lower since you cant take Devastator and Indomitable. it feels weird right now

also weird on PTR we get a honor pvp ability that buffs commanding shout as prot, we dont have commanding shout currently (on PTR or live) in prot spec. so that is probably either a mistake or a good buff being added.

DPS as a prot warrior seems to be generally higher

you cant 100% shield block anymore since they adjusted the cooldown, its around ~10.5 seconds with 25% haste

Thunderclap is part of the rotation now which feels odd but i guess it works?

how does devastator interact with Kakushan's gauntlets?

bytes

Molten Core Raider
So you lose a considerable amount of health, your IPs are smaller but you do more dps. Everything I ever wanted from a tank spec.

Dalien

Registered Hodor
Sarcasm? love how they tell us no major class changes this expansion into that. after the nerf we got today I could see cancelling my account when that goes live

Yeah, speaking of "no major class changes" they are competely gutting Fire Mages in 7.1.5. As in not just adjusting some numbers here and there but completely changing how the spec plays. Here's a short summary of the changes:

ROP is being nerfed to 40% power
Combustion is only going to convert 50% of crit into Mastery (down from 100%)
Fire Blast is losing a charge
Flame On is being changed to grant 1 additional charge of Fire Blast and reducing the cooldown by 3 seconds as opposed to instantly granting 2 charges of Fire Blast
Ice Flows is now Frost only

For those not familiar with how Fire Mages play, our DPS is completely reliant on a small burst window where we drop ROP, Combustion, and use Fire Blast/Flame On to shit out as many instant Pyroblasts as we can (and hope we don't get shit on by mechanics and have to move during this time).

Outside of our burst window, our sustained damage is hot garbage, and these changes are going to destroy the burst phase. Granted it's early and on PTR so maybe this is just a first pass with more changes incoming.

Othwerwise time to try out Frost I guess? (LOL BRB FARMING 4 MILLION MORE AP)

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Sarcasm? love how they tell us no major class changes this expansion into that. after the nerf we got today I could see cancelling my account when that goes live

Yeah sarcasm. They have no idea what the shit they are doing.

• 1Solidarity

Nite1

<WoW Guild Officer>
Yeah, speaking of "no major class changes" they are competely gutting Fire Mages in 7.1.5. As in not just adjusting some numbers here and there but completely changing how the spec plays. Here's a short summary of the changes:

For those not familiar with how Fire Mages play, our DPS is completely reliant on a small burst window where we drop ROP, Combustion, and use Fire Blast/Flame On to shit out as many instant Pyroblasts as we can (and hope we don't get shit on by mechanics and have to move during this time).

Outside of our burst window, our sustained damage is hot garbage, and these changes are going to destroy the burst phase. Granted it's early and on PTR so maybe this is just a first pass with more changes incoming.

Othwerwise time to try out Frost I guess? (LOL BRB FARMING 4 MILLION MORE AP)

You know something new to try would be to smooth out the downtime between bursts would still involve skill but not get boned you know small buffs instead of nerfs or mechanic changes

Yeah sarcasm. They have no idea what the shit they are doing.

Sorry exhausted plus salty as hell. I just don't get why they can't build something have it be awesome say look at the skill involved and then try to bring other classes closer. or you know create mechancs in raids that allow others to shine so they don't have to nerf